Ashe - the discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sulik

Recruiter

09-19-2009

I suppose that we should have 01 thread per champion, and I couldn't find one for Ashe, so here's the thread.

As a player of dota, I see Ashe is a combination of Traxex & Mirana, and here's my review of Ashe's skills (connected to appropriate experience I gain from dota):
1. Frost shot: OK I think, this skill can help Ashe to finish off enemies without chasing him/her across the map.
2. Volley: this is a skill ( i think) that should be changed. It's purpose is perhaps to farm (earn $) by kill creeps more quickly, but in fact it's so weak and slow that it doesn't really helpful. It just suck in comparison to other skills. I suggest that either give her another ability that imptrove her survivality (chance to dodge, reduce damage, or greatly increase her movement speed for a short period).
3. Plentiful bounty: Again, a skill that suck for a head (NOT creep) hunter like Ashe. I rather like a lesser version of Bounty Hunter's ultimate.
4. Enchanted crystal arrow: this's the biggest problem of Ashe. As you want to maximum the stun duration, you must be pretty far from the target, and since Ashe is low, as she approach the target, it's out of the stun already. Think about Mirana of dota, with leap ability Mirana can not only run away from danger but can also quickly approach stunned target. And with 75s cooldown, you can use this only once (with the cost of not joining the team battle!!!). My suggestion: 1. make this a normal skill, 2. change skill 2 OR 3 so Ashe can quickly reach her target.

Overall, I feel Ashe has skill that doesn't really fit with her purpose - kill enemy's champions, but rather she's an expert of getting money from the creeps, which significantly lower her potential as being the major damage dealer of her team. So either turn her into a money-making machine, or a champion killer, but not both.

And, can we rotate her 3D image in the Champion tab of my profile?

evyugi

09-20-2009

Frost is great for chasing. Volley is one of her best skill to kill as well as slow. Plentiful bounty I never get til there is nothing else, but some like it. Her Ultimate can wreck whole team fight, and allow her to solo pretty much anyone in the game. Her skill need work? I don't agree with that.

GreatWeelo

09-20-2009

Volley has longer range than Ashe's regular attack, and has the frost shot effect as well as able to shoot over walls. In short, it's awesome.
Plentyful bounty works so perfect for her. She's the easiest champion of all to last shot creeps with (at least for me), and plentyful bounty just rewards more for it. Extra money means better items, which obviously means more hero kills.
Enchanted Arrow is a team helper. Stand back, fire and let your melee teammate get an easy kill.

SlyGoat

09-20-2009

Enchanted arrow has a decent duration even point blank. Hero is fine if not a bit overpowered with frost arrows + frozen mallet stacking imho.

Mannan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-20-2009

Ashe is very well balanced, especially with the slow changes in the last patch.

09-20-2009

Ashe is one of the heroes that has everything.

She got slow, stun and high damage due to crits.

Her ulti is great to kill heroes running away easily or starting a fight or cast in midfight, to escape or to stun someone for your team.

I had some nice kills with this arrow. For example I was mid alone top was a battle and my ally died but nearly finished his enemy. The enemy went into the gras and wanted to teleport I was shooting at the position I asumed him to teleport and finished him off. Killing someone from mid lane to top lane only heroes that can do this is karthus with his ulti and twisted with his ultii+teleport.
Even if it is just a short stun, it can cancel channeling or hold the enemy there to give her some extra shots or some time to get some space between you and the enemy or to close in.

Also volley is doing the normal damage+extra so it is always more damage than normal hits (excluding crits). It is good to chase and slow enemies (when running, help a running teammate or at chasing your enemy).
Also is a nice kickoff for shackles as it counts as cast and not as attack therefore you can cast it when shackled or blinded. Might surprise someone that did blind you to finish you off and thinks he is save and gets killed by volley.
Combined with the arrow you can finish off a ryze even if he did shackle you and wanted to finish you off. Arrow+volley should be about 1000 damage and normally you just did nullify the time you are caught in the prison. Giving you more time to either survive and run or finish him off.

She is one of the most versatile damagedealers as she does not have to buy any slowing items and she can stun. Most damagedealer can't do that. And she is the only ranged unit with a stun.

She might not be the strongest damagedealer but in early game you have a free slow every time you need it and if need be with every hit you do (in the early stage she is the only one that has that) in mid and late game you are a damagedealer with a stun.

Hmmer94

09-20-2009

Yes she is a combo of trax + mirana.

Most heroes are combos of dota heroes making them unike and new, yet similar enough to not be totally lost in the transition from one game to anothere.

But Imo Ashe = + fun then trax, but less fun then Mirana...

Mirana is just 2 fast 2 furious. When i use to play here i had the impression i had a ferarri, speed + power, so so fun.

Aknar

09-20-2009

with one or 2 cd reducing items you can get about 55 cd on your ult witch is enough to spam it on the same enemy so he/she will lose his mind and will run like a beheaded chicken when he/she sees you

(just a tought )

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

Could not disagree more with the OP. I think he's pretty much wrong on every point.

Ashe is a carry, which means that she needs to farm creeps OR players to be effective. She's one of the few carries that can stick to creep farming and get powerful before the end of the game largely because of PB. I always go PB and Volley with damage items and health pots at the start and normally wind up with 100 creep kills by 10 minutes. That means I've bought boots and a BF sword before people have finished their boots.

Crystal Enchanted Arrow is a great skill. It deals a large amount of damage, is incredibly versatile, and really pretty easy to hit with. If you don't get a kill within a few seconds of hitting level 6 with her, you're doing something wrong.

PB needs to be remade to be less powerful (perhaps another active skill to make her more interesting), but overall Ashe is balanced and a great character for newbies.

0PYfclzjrm0E6nRT

09-20-2009

I'm getting kills and giving kills to other people while I'm still farming.

Frost Arrow : 8 Mana Each
Volley : 100 Mana
Plentyful Bounty : No Charge
Hitting an enemy with a Crystal Enchanted Arrow from the other side of the map : Priceless.

I think she is really balanced right now but a buff for her volley skill (maybe AP bonus from AP items) would be good.