Seriously, **** Heimerdinger on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autumns Serenity

09-28-2011

I haven't come across a heimer that could hold a point very long. Not using the 20th ad carry on the team probably helps.

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

1) Pick Kog Maw
2) 3 hit each of his turrets
3) 3 hit heimer
4) cap point

Killrazor

09-28-2011

u kill heimer, his turrets go bye bye.

Most heimer players build him super squishy. So he is easy to kill.

Astronub

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallant Spike View Post
Some of the best Heimer players I've seen will just capture the windmill, place 2 evolution turrets on it, and just afk there the whole match. From there it becomes a major gamble to capture that point for two reasons.

1. You can't capture the point with Heimer on it since you will get hit by his evolution turrets each second, even if he's not around, thus neutralizing the capture.
2. You can't fight Heimer directly under the point because you'll get aggro from the windmill turret and take large amounts of damage.

I've seen 3 team members try to take the windmill from a Heimerdinger. In the end two of them died while killing Heimerdinger and the point was neutralized before the enemy team recaptured it. If you want to kill him at windmill you'd better have some heavy AoE damage and burst because he can kite you all day under that point if you're a melee or ranged champion.

There's a problem with this mechanic because it automatically gives the team with Heimerdinger on it a free capture point if you can't effectively counter it. This is bad in Dominion because it gives their team the point capture advantage. They only need to capture two points to be effective at killing your nexus, while you have to keep 3 points under control constantly to be ahead of the enemy, which of course, has a permanent point that they cannot lose.

If anyone, and I do mean anyone, can tell me the best way to counter this passive game holding please let me know. I'm sick of losing games to point campers.
simply afk or defending. they guy is a natural defender .. use exhaust/ garrison or someone with poke to counter him