Seriously, **** Heimerdinger on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dahaka

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiphner View Post
Or you could kill the turrets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpOuINFDWF4

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

I've started playing Heimer on Dominion because people like you don't understand how to counter him. People play tons of melee dps on Dominion, which is what Heim excels against. Any sort of range can crush him easily. And learn to kill the turrets first if you're taking a tower - without turrets Heim can't do much.

Oh, and there is no way a Heimer could hold a tower 3v1 unless you're playing poorly. He can stall, but he won't stop you.

wheresmyfreename

09-28-2011

I don't think Heimer is as big of a problem on dominion as Jax/Akali are.

Haitei Raoyue

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallant Spike View Post
Some of the best Heimer players I've seen will just capture the windmill, place 2 evolution turrets on it, and just afk there the whole match. From there it becomes a major gamble to capture that point for two reasons.

1. You can't capture the point with Heimer on it since you will get hit by his evolution turrets each second, even if he's not around, thus neutralizing the capture.
2. You can't fight Heimer directly under the point because you'll get aggro from the windmill turret and take large amounts of damage.

I've seen 3 team members try to take the windmill from a Heimerdinger. In the end two of them died while killing Heimerdinger and the point was neutralized before the enemy team recaptured it. If you want to kill him at windmill you'd better have some heavy AoE damage and burst because he can kite you all day under that point if you're a melee or ranged champion.

There's a problem with this mechanic because it automatically gives the team with Heimerdinger on it a free capture point if you can't effectively counter it. This is bad in Dominion because it gives their team the point capture advantage. They only need to capture two points to be effective at killing your nexus, while you have to keep 3 points under control constantly to be ahead of the enemy, which of course, has a permanent point that they cannot lose.

If anyone, and I do mean anyone, can tell me the best way to counter this passive game holding please let me know. I'm sick of losing games to point campers.
1. afraid of tower aggro, get fortify.
2. dont dive heimer unless you are sure you can kill him... preferably when his ult os not available.
3. he only guards one turret, if he is sitting there, capture all the others.

I had a heimer on the opposing team capture windmill and sit there. I told my team to group up and capture the other 3-4 points. he was useless. we won since it was 4v5.

Sure, he is a ***** to fight when he sets up turrets on a tower, but other than defending that one tower, he is not very good.

Tails

09-28-2011

Cast Garrison on Windmill turret, destroy Himeredangergangers turrets, feel dumb.

Zero000x000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

I've started to run Smite exclusively to counter Heimer, it's pretty effective. Heimer is definitely strong, but can also be exploited just by having 5 people fighting for the other 4 points on the map against the enemy's 4. It's like chasing after Singed on Summoner's Rift, you can't go head to head against Heimerdinger in the Crystal Scar.

Nosef

09-28-2011

Play ryze, burst heimer down while being tanky enough to ignore all his attacks. You might not be able to dive him under the turret at the start, but a few pokes should bring him under half life and then it is a quick finish.

TheRuns

09-28-2011

garrison lets you ignore the point turret damage
promote a minion and use your minion wave to crush his turrets, including the point
this is all assuming 1v1

Lisztomaniac

09-28-2011

caitlyn rapes his turrets.

Arkezxa

09-28-2011

Heimer's turrets have an advantage against melee, and are at a disadvantage to ranged champions.

Everyone picks all the bruiser melees, and then they get upset about something like this?

If you want the durability and damage of a bruiser, you're going to have some shortcomings. Trying to siege Heimerdinger is going to be one of them.

Play a ranged carry and all of the sudden, you're notice a lot less stand-offs with Heimer.