Seriously, **** Heimerdinger on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gallant Spike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Some of the best Heimer players I've seen will just capture the windmill, place 2 evolution turrets on it, and just afk there the whole match. From there it becomes a major gamble to capture that point for two reasons.

1. You can't capture the point with Heimer on it since you will get hit by his evolution turrets each second, even if he's not around, thus neutralizing the capture.
2. You can't fight Heimer directly under the point because you'll get aggro from the windmill turret and take large amounts of damage.

I've seen 3 team members try to take the windmill from a Heimerdinger. In the end two of them died while killing Heimerdinger and the point was neutralized before the enemy team recaptured it. If you want to kill him at windmill you'd better have some heavy AoE damage and burst because he can kite you all day under that point if you're a melee or ranged champion.

There's a problem with this mechanic because it automatically gives the team with Heimerdinger on it a free capture point if you can't effectively counter it. This is bad in Dominion because it gives their team the point capture advantage. They only need to capture two points to be effective at killing your nexus, while you have to keep 3 points under control constantly to be ahead of the enemy, which of course, has a permanent point that they cannot lose.

If anyone, and I do mean anyone, can tell me the best way to counter this passive game holding please let me know. I'm sick of losing games to point campers.

Born Happy

09-28-2011

I think your simply exagerating.

Kubooooooooooooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Have any ranged abilities at all or more than one person attack the point at once.

Dahaka

09-28-2011

Right now all you can is play draft and ban his ass. Akali too. And Rammus. And Singed.

Tyhan

09-28-2011

I had one game where a Heimer just rushed to our side's bottom point and sat on it the entire game. Only time we could ever get him off of it was if we 3+ man rushed his butt, and we'd lose all other points for it. As a side note, there is a Dominion forum.

Sleiphner

09-28-2011

Or you could kill the turrets.

Knife Kitty GG

09-28-2011

Shut him down with your team or a ranged carry maybe.

Xephelim

09-28-2011

now since hes afk proceed to devour the enemy team because its a 4v5 and capture the other points then proceed to gloat/brag

Gallant Spike

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahaka Canada View Post
Right now all you can is play draft and ban his ass. Akali too. And Rammus. And Singed.
Glad you mentioned it, because I top ban him every draft game I'm in next to Akali.

Steelflame

09-28-2011

Tip. Just drop an AoE or 2 on his turrets, ignore him. After turrets are gone, kill him.