We need another Corki is OP thread!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doomreaver

09-20-2009

Corki is OP sofar jes, but not everyone can play him.
i see guys ingame whit 20+/0/x, but i see much more guys whit 0/10+/x....
the ulti must be nerfed

and Lockedbob, u talk much bull****!

Vindico Atrum

09-20-2009

Seriously, come on. The guy has NO crowd control AT ALL. He is COMPLETELY reliant on allies to control anything. Can't use Valkyrie offensively or you can't escape. gatling gun is ****e, can't even kill a row of ranged minions without stacking dmg, and no-one goes dmg build, AP > it in so many ways. rockets have a small hitbox, and are maxed at 7, after 7 rockets (half miss in a fight anyway) he has to wait 12 seconds for a single rocket. Christ, whine or what?

Why don't people whine about Ashe?

Aknar

09-20-2009

seriously this champion has too much essential skills,he has an escape/chase tool,a non-tank raping tool,an inv revealer tool (poor Ap builded teemo) and a harassing from across the screen tool,only a champion with tristana,s jump,cho'gath's feast,yeti's ult,pirate's ult and jax's passive could counter him

EternalOne

09-20-2009

I have to agree. I feel Corki is more powerful than is fair.

Danthor

09-20-2009

I know it's tempting to post "Corki is OP" because like most of us, everyone has run into a stacked corki early enough in a game we can't compete item wise. I spent a game getting harassed by corki and just could not keep up with him. His gatling is a pushing tool early game and that gets him some serious cash.

I believe that a balancing fix would be either a lower damage multiplier vs champions on gatling, or the valkrye being magic damage which is countered by resists. (If this is the case, forgive me for not recognizing it.) I think what discourages me the most is the terribly competitive nature of people versus the possibility of seeing what actually counters a hero. For example: I spent a rather miserable game as Taric, the healadin fighting off corki. After 3 or 4 kills (edit: our deaths) the team started initiating surrender votes.

Surrender votes? In a beta? Seriously! What is going on...So in that short time we discovered my Taric can't compete with Corki in a 1v1. Did my team discuss builds to try and counter him? Did my team try and swap champs to try and counter him with their hero? No, no they didn't. They wanted to go find a game they could win. Granted, 3 of us wanted to stay and fight it out and see what we could do to manage it so the surrenders failed, but there seems to be a lack of "testing" and just being "testy" going on here.

I have a group of 7 guildies in this test with me. We try and take a chess approach to the "hammer in the face" vs "automatic shotgun/rocket/arrow in the chest" and test wacky builds, armor whoring a teemo...*evil grin* and other crazy ideas. I guess I'm saying we carry the responsibility of assisting to shape this game. Should we then just complain about a hero and hope the results are to our liking, or should we shoulder a bit of responsibility and suggest things to help counter? It's not a game, this is a directly compensated hobby/job. We have access to the game before anyone else, we need to give feedback in a constructive, informed way.

Take a moment in the middle of game play and think "how can I give an educated evaluation of this guys strengths, weaknesses, and game play vs that champ, that team, that particular skill". I think you will find with enough thought and effort you can counter things. Only when you have exhausted all possibilities can you truly complain that a champ is OP. OP does not equal "rocked my face over and over and over again" OP equals "Is not controllable using any combination of champs with varying builds", or something closer to that idea.

Yeah, I've typed a small novel. Sorry.
BTW: Corki has serious OP potential. Escape combined with his damage package is a bit excessive. Some builds on Kath are equally stupid. Perhaps a audible indication of a valk, and a 2/1.5/1 second charge rate (think Veigar's rock, cho'gath's spike, etc) and perhaps an attack speed reduction when using the ult or gatling. I can gatling a group of mobs AT a tower, while hitting the tower. Maybe a bit much.

yyninja

09-20-2009

I think Corki's fine except for his Valkyrie skill, the travel distance is way too long. LockedBob it's not the damage that makes Valkyrie powerful, it's the fact that Corki can fly a good screen away once he uses it.

Corki's ultimate is fine, it's the only offensive ability Corki can use late game and not be in danger of dying.

Phosphorus bomb is very balanced, although it is incredibly useful with 50% miss rate and reveals invisible champions, the range is so small he can easily be ganked if misused.

Gatling Gun is also fine, since it's based on Corki's damage output. Unless if a Corki's built to do damage, Gatling Gun is just a farming spell. Similar to Phosphorus bomb the range is small, so he could be easily ganked, when using Gatling Gun.

Lockedbob

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomreaver View Post
Corki is OP sofar jes, but not everyone can play him.
i see guys ingame whit 20+/0/x, but i see much more guys whit 0/10+/x....
the ulti must be nerfed

and Lockedbob, u talk much bull****!

Thanks for confronting me with facts. That means alot to our testing phase. And your feedback about the hero being imba however seeing more people fail with him than succeed does prove your point more than enough.

killertje

09-20-2009

I've played him a few times with a damage build: Philosophers stone, Speed boots (the one with +3 speed), Infinity Edge, Lifesteal (the 12% one at first), Phantom Blade and after that some defensive things and an upgraded lifestealer. Most melee chars are toast right from the beginning, I outdps their defenses (hp regen and hp) so they have to stay back and cant farm or they have to run back and forth every minute which means they are behind on xp. Even if I get ganked a few times I'll still be ahead of them in midgame. I haven't tried an ability power build and honestly why should I? Gattling is the skill to use anyway. Phosphorous' utility doesnt scale so I can just keep it at lvl 1 to blind enemies while I gattle them to hell. Same goes for the bombing run, level 1 is enough to escape. There should be some scaling there, like 10% per level of miss chance for phosphorous instead of 50% right from the start. And the bombing run could get an increase in range each level until at lvl 5 its the range it has now.

By the time I'm level 18 I usually outdps ashe while using gattling and phosphorous on her to make sure I win. If she freezes me and runs, well I'll just kill her with more hp left.

The ultimate is pretty weak compared to the rest of his abilities, but with a 1s cd I guess that's OK.

Woozl

09-20-2009

I guess I'll add a little to the whine. He's basically a long ranged DPS Teemo with an AoE blinding dart. Also, gatling gun is just silly. It's debatable the best chasing move in the game, it has great damage, and the range is still about as far as Teemo can shoot. Missiles seem a little silly as well, as every fourth missile does about half of the damage that Ashe's ulti does. Normal missiles do about 1/3 the damage of her ult, so in 50 seconds (less time than her ults cd, and less if they're already charged), he can do around one and a half Ashe's ult in a rather large AoE. Or, if he charges them all up over the course of 84 seconds, he can do up to three of Ashe's ult in 7 seconds in an AoE (provided that two of the rockets he has are "big" rockets). Also, by the time he's done firing them, he has another rocket. That's how I see it compared to other champs skills.

Quinnister

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozl View Post
I guess I'll add a little to the whine. He's basically a long ranged DPS Teemo with an AoE blinding dart. Also, gatling gun is just silly. It's debatable the best chasing move in the game, it has great damage, and the range is still about as far as Teemo can shoot. Missiles seem a little silly as well, as every fourth missile does about half of the damage that Ashe's ulti does. Normal missiles do about 1/3 the damage of her ult, so in 50 seconds (less time than her ults cd, and less if they're already charged), he can do around one and a half Ashe's ult in a rather large AoE. Or, if he charges them all up over the course of 84 seconds, he can do up to three of Ashe's ult in 7 seconds in an AoE (provided that two of the rockets he has are "big" rockets). Also, by the time he's done firing them, he has another rocket. That's how I see it compared to other champs skills.
I don't get the Teemo comparison. A blind shot is the only similarity I see.