We need another Corki is OP thread!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

I don't care that there are 2 already complaining about him. I want my own.

My chief complaint is that Corki has at least 2 summoner abilities built in. Hey look I have flash on a super low cooldown. I'm just "surging" away. Granted Tryndamere has a similar ability, but he has to bleed for his.

Phosphorus bomb is 1/2 exhaust and half pre-nerf clairvoyance and it does AOE damage. Clairvoyance doesn't even reveal invisible units anymore and this guy does? Come on.

The guy can pick any summoner abilities he wants because he has a disable and an easy out. He can have heal or an additional flash to keep him out of hard situations. They all seem to have teleport to push. He doesn't even need real exhaust, because you'll never get close enough to him to hit him anyway.

----

He doesn't have skill shots. He just has moves that, when he misses, he just uses another one. His damage output is too high. His offensive moves make it impossible to get close to him effectively because they are all AOE. Even if you get there he can always just backpedal.

If he had a 0 armor rating it would be a fair trade off in the end, otherwise non-ranged melee should just turn around and leave. All you do is feed or slowly get worn down by your tower. The game ceases to be fun when he's around because it stops being competitive.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

kite more plox. plain and simple. but i do agree that his damage output is pretty high over all. and having 2 halfassed summoner spells is pretty lame, i didnt really think about it like that, but i do hate how many blinks they are putting in the game.

Dev Remming

09-19-2009

Yeah I thought it was cool when Playing Kassadin and being pretty much the only character that could blink, It was pretty much "Oh noes someone is chasing me *blink away and I'm fine* (assuming they don't have flash but if they do I usually get in another Rift before I die)

But with Both Corky and Katrina its like "Oh no run away *Rift*" look on my screen to see that Corky has just shot over right by me and Katrina just Blink striked me.

I mean come on I'm a ****ing Void walker person It makes sense that I have a teleport but why does katrina have one? and when corky does it why doesn't he explore right after D;< COME ON! >.>

edit:
Btw Kassadin has Flash as well but Mine is cooler then corkys ;D

aNthological

09-19-2009

Just got out of a game where a Corki with Gatling active was pushing 1k crits all over the place. Solo'd our primary inhibitor in just 5 seconds. I had to expend everything I had to kill him 1v1 and he didn't even have to try to take me down (And I usually had to ambush him). The Corki I played against could outrun my Ashe, if I tried to kite he popped Valkyrie and just bombed the hell out of me. If I stood there to blast him he just gatling'ed me in the face.

Really the ONLY counter to this guy is to 3v1 him and that's if he doesn't have his summoner cooldowns.

Really think we need a hotfix on this guy.. I constantly see him in every game and he is literally ruining it for everyone except those who can double-click him faster to play him.

I personally have never played him because I hate playing OP characters.. as I know a nerf is incoming and I don't want to get comfortable with owning just because of a broken champ.

DasiNF

09-20-2009

I guess I'll add to whining, too. From playing Corki a few games and having him against me in a few more I think he has too much damage on gattling and too small mana costs overall. I haven't tried AP builds, but at least stacking damage makes that machine gun rape anyone really really really fast leading to easy kills. I also found that those nukes make him an excellent mid game harrasser. I guess people are infuriated (myself inc.) about the fact that he has a lot of tools to hande about every situation (very long range fast moving skill shot with high damage from spamming, normal range aoe anti-stealth blind nuke, short range insane damage aoe, powerful normal attack with normal range and a short-ish cooldowned blink with moderately high damage compared to other blinks).

He does die somewhat fast if focused on, but a good player would know how to stay in huge range and blast away with all those ranged skills just before flying to safety.

Just to underline that machine gun: why can it rape a full lane of creeps (that would push towers down easily) in two to three seconds inc. cannons and still continue firing even after everything's dead? It seriously packs some overpower to any possible situation.

Running Naked Fat Man

09-20-2009

My one complaint is the fact you can't snare him...period. Frozen Mallet, Rune Prison, doesn't matter. He flashes...eeer I mean "Surges" away. But look, he isn't done, flash! He is half way across the map.

His cool downs seem to be a little quick too, its just a spam of rockets and bombs. Which isn't so bad, if you could snare him.

So to break it down...

He can mass spam an entire group, has a ton of damage to go with it, and can't be snared. Sounds really fun to play against.

Shadowen

09-20-2009

So when they start adding more interesting affects and mechanics to the system you complain about it.. k.. >.>

Mannan

The Council

09-20-2009

I have played with/against him in a lot of games and personally think he is well balanced, especially for a new champion.

I haven't seen him carry a team to victory (say like a twitch or even temo), merely support a team that is doing well.

Koslomac

09-20-2009

At first when I wiped the floor with champions in one lane I thought I was actually good. After I started dominating the lane and killing them on sight I though they were feeders. When the same thing happened in 3 other corki games (they aren't showing on my profile since they rolled back the pvp.net client) it was just obvious that he was OP. He has mobility, every skill of his can be used for farming, has a counter against physical characters that can kept on the target 50% of the time, a blink, the gattling is pretty ok early game, lategame with damage items it rapes as well. His ult is probably the most balanced thing about him.

Lockedbob

09-20-2009

Interesting how every thread that gets created is about whining at somewhat different heroes. What's the matter? Can't right click with Ashe anymore to own Corky now? First of all let's discuss his skills because they are anything but OP:

His first skill has a small to moderate aoe with a VERY SHORT RANGE and a decent cooldown. How can you even think about crying around that it's a summoner spell? It has 50% chance to blind if you get in there to cast it with your low HP. What do you mean it rapes the face off clairvoyance? Did you check the range? Are you gonna spam a 10ish cooldown spell that has a weak AOE radius to discover an invisible hero? I can really see a Corki with 300-400 mana at low level spamming this skill and gatling and Valkyrie which all cost around 100 mana at level 2-3 of the skills.

Valkyrie - he jumps somewhere and drops bombs which cause damage if you remain in the fire... Who makes you stay there? Are you gonna ask a nerf for Morgana's aoe as well now?(OMG YOU GET DMG FROM STANDING IN IT? WTH?!!?? my ashe can't insta kill!) Played him already and as a side note it's not a blink you simply travel to the respective location faster. You still get damage and stuns and so on. Died plenty of times while trying to run with it.

Gatling - Why don't you bother posting the range of gatling? Or the fact that you have to face the target AND come in 400-500 range of it to hit it. Besides your argument of him raping inhibitors with this skill is bull****. This doesn`t hit buildings. Ashe's volley anyone? Bigger range contains a slow and it's scalable just like Corki's. I`m sorry it's not the same skill or that you don't have it ashe... (funny sidenote: how come no1 ever cries about ashe being op? oh well maybe it's just cause you're all fanboys of mirana and traxex from dota)

Missile(ulti) - It takes 12 seconds to load a missile. It's a skill shot and the hit radius is small. So you have to wait 12 seconds for your missile to load and then you have to target it. The aoe is big enough but it's not huge.. It's just like morgana's trap skill. Because it's a skill shot... It's definitely not overpowered. The damage output is not high because you first have to hit those missiles and trust me you miss alot of them.

Passive - 10% true damage on each hit. How many hits do you have to get in with this skill to reach the passive that Ashe has? Her next attack(well actually her next 2-3 attacks because this always occurs dunno why) is a crit. That means 200% damage or 250% with infinity edge. So he basically has to hit you 10-15 times with autoattack to reach what Ashe does in a single hit.

Try posting comparison's to other champions skills(e.g.: damage, cd, radius, etc.). Just because someone plays well doesn't mean a champion is OP. As a side note the last 5 games I lost were because of a 31-2 Ashe in the opposing team that was picking off feeders in my team. Never even met her until she was beyond godlike and had 2-3 high tier items.