Finally, A Real Manly AD Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemonCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Alright, I don't spend much time thinking about these, and I came up with this concept in about 5 minutes while I was replying to a thread about manly ad carries and expanded upon it here. I'm terrible with names, so I'm not even going to propose anything for the champion/ability names.

Point is, we don't really have any manly ranged carries. Corki, AD Ezreal and AD TF is about the best we got. While these champions fill the role, they don't just scream out "I have bulging muscles everywhere, I'm tough as nails, my testosterone level is comparable to that of a male bull shark, and I carry a gun that is normally mounted armored vehicles"

That being said, here's the basic concept:
This character needs to be a naturally-tanky ranged AD carry; he needs to be tougher than a normal ad carry, maybe with a range similar to the current Sivir or slightly lower base damage stats to compensate. Obviously he can't be allowed build pure damage and be invincible if someone can close the gap, or build pure tank and be able to burst down the other team.

He needs to have a really big, bad-ass gun. Not like Tristana's cannon big, but like an M2 Browning .50 caliber machine gun, or something to that effect. It needs to pretty much be a heavy machine gun of some sort (and a Gatling gun doesn't seem practical for any sort of auto attacking character), the champions entire image revolves around this image. For even more character, he would fire both his machine gun and his shotgun (W ability) from the hip, only aiming the pistol (E ability), as that is a targeted skill.

His auto-attacks would just be quick bursts (and his main source of damage since he is an AD carry)

Q: He would lob an M67 fragmentation grenade (this could even change grenade names based on skill level Mk2, M26, M61, M67 ... or not, up to design team I'm just hoping to provide inspiration). I have no idea on the damage/scaling, here's a description from Wikipedia :

The M67 can be thrown about 30 to 35 meters by the average male soldier. It has a 4.0–5.5 second fuse that ignites explosives packed inside a round body. Steel fragments (not to be confused with shrapnel) are provided by the grenade body and produce a casualty radius of 15 meters, with a fatality radius of 5 meters, though some fragments can disperse as far out as 250 meters.[1] Its effectiveness is not just its blast radius, which measures approximately 45 feet (13.7 m) because fragments fly much farther.

W: He would whip the shotgun out of the holster on his back for a short-ranged AOE cone attack, basically like Corki's gattling gun, except its a single burst. I would make the range similar to that of Talon's Rake, maybe give it a small knockback effect. (Even though shotgun knockback is unrealistic based on Newton's Third Law and the fact that you don't end up on your back when firing one)

E: He would pull out his pistol from either a hip holster or shoulder holster, fire a couple rounds and kneecap the target for a short stun. (Could also be a snare or very high% slow depending on balance, but this really needs to be a big movement disable to reflect the damage done)

R: He unleashes the entire magazine from his M2 (or whatever heavy machine gun he ends up with) for a giant cone AoE ult with a range similar to Miss Fortune's ult, but the bullets advance in a zig-zag patten as he stands there waving the gun back and forth. This attack would do most of its damage initially, shredding a small percentage of the armor for each target hit, and would cause a DoT Bleed effect for a few seconds afterward. (The shred and DoT effects are vital to more accurately reflect a target standing in machine gun fire, also to make the skill unique in the game - it would need to be balanced within these confines)

Passive: To show how tough and determined this champion really is when the fight heats up, he gains bonus attack damage that scales based on the percent of his health missing. (This would encourage a bit of high-risk, high-reward play, while discouraging passive farming. It would also allow him to stand toe-to-toe with some of the best duelists in the game and have a reason to stay and fight every time - since running away would be for the [Arnold Schwarzenegger accent]girly-men[/Arnold Schwarzenegger accent])

Its a rough concept, constructive feedback is appreciated; steal my idea, improve it and resubmit it, I don't care. I just want to be able to play the character in the near future!

TheCajungreg

09-28-2011

Sounds like you need Snake Plissken!

Tsuruchi Moriya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

What's the point of all those 'bulging muscles' when you're just running around shooting a gun? Your bullets don't fire faster if you pull the trigger harder. There's a reason ranged characters are usually lithe and melee characters are generally tough-looking.

Hero Wolf

09-28-2011

1 problem, your title is "A real Manly AD carry", im srry have you never heard of the champion called tryn or do you use AP to build him?