+1 IP Dominion Bonus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BRAVEYpl0x

09-27-2011

Not quite sure what the Dominion bonus is. It seems to get smaller the more dominion I play, or the longer the game gets.

Anyone know what the idea behind this seemingly arbitrary number is?

Cymril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

From what I've been able to gather, the "Dominion Bonus" seems to be based on how well your team did.

It seems to be based of the remaining health of the winning team's nexus. such that if your team won, and you had a lot of health left on your nexus, the bonus can be as large as ~+20. On the other hand, if your team LOST, but the opposing nexus only had tiny bit of health left, you earn a large bonus as well.

The low bonus means you either won by a very small margin, or lost by a landslide.

BRAVEYpl0x

09-28-2011

Ah, so it works like the Long Defense and Quick Victory IP bonuses of old for SR. Thanks.

LilDrood

09-28-2011

I just got 7 for a 19 minute game.

In regards to it being based on team score, for reference: We had 314 left on our Nexus. Team scores were 1310, 1213, 1183, 1173, 958.

Cymril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

It also seems to be somewhat based on your personal score, or possibly your position within your team, such that higher score gives you a bigger bonus.

No idea if it's just score though, haven't had enough games where I end up low on the ranking but with a lot of points to check.

its uncle dolan

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymril View Post
From what I've been able to gather, the "Dominion Bonus" seems to be based on how well your team did.

It seems to be based of the remaining health of the winning team's nexus. such that if your team won, and you had a lot of health left on your nexus, the bonus can be as large as ~+20. On the other hand, if your team LOST, but the opposing nexus only had tiny bit of health left, you earn a large bonus as well.

The low bonus means you either won by a very small margin, or lost by a landslide.
I just won a game in 10 minutes with about 420:0 and got only +5 IP dominion bonus, so I think this health theory is somewhat wrong.

JoeDuo

09-29-2011

What if it's based on both nexus health and time?

AileTheAlien

09-29-2011

If you get more dominion bonus for shorter games, it's still better to hold 3 positions for a longer game, since the regular time IP bonus if larger than any dominion bonus I've ever seen.
If you get more dom bonus for longer games, strategy the first is even better.