Hypo's Madhouse: Stacks Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shubomber

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRaider View Post
6 items...no boots...dude I THINK you missing sumthing in that post.
whoops. yeah, i guess just rylai's then, because if you're already at full stacks the extra damage from atma's becomes unnecessary. although, if your team already has cc, it might synergize better.

DragonRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticon View Post
There should be an attack speed snowball item, this way I can make a guide on how to stack four snowball items on Kog'maw
So that when you die you can say that the stacks blew up along with your body

Fyre Nation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
Lots of Feedback incoming.

Masteries are fine. Summoner spells are okay, but I'd recommend alternatives as well (particularly such as Ghost, Cleanse, Flash, heck even Smite in certain scenarios).

Your item build if I understand is as follows:

Mejai's, Leviathan, SotO, Tabi, Warmog's, and Atma's.

There's a million and one things wrong with this. For starters, you are completely eliminating any chance that Jax has of making a comeback late game if you lose a couple of team fights and lose your stacks. The one good thing about Jax is that he never stops scaling, and snowball items completely negate that advantage. You will never have too much AP or AD, but because you're investing all of your early money in snowball items in them you won't be able to start ganking really hard until you're going to win anyways. Warmog's has been shown to be garbage in general and although you argue that it gives 770 health right off the bat I can buy a Frozen Mallet which gives 760 (since it has 20 AD on it) AND a slow on hit which is brutal with a chaser such as Jax.

Atma's is the only good item I can see in this build, but even then Atma's leaves you a big fat blob of health that's slightly less squishy and deals a not very much damage.

There aren't too many ways to mess up with Jax. And although yes, your guide does state that if your team is losing you will be blamed, I'd much rather spend the early 3k on a Rageblade and some elixirs than snowballing items that can leave me up to ridicule from teammates and a negative K/D on one of the best melee carries in the game. At a minimum I'd recommend at least changing Warmog's to a Frozen Mallet, and then working out other ways to build Jax. I'm not condemning alternate ways to build Jax here, I'm simply saying that you can work with what you have to make it much less reliant on snowballing.
He mentioned all of that in his guide. You mentioned that he mentioned that. I mentioned that he mentioned it. I also mentioned you mentioning his mentioning, thus allowing myself to mention myself mentioning myself mentioning you mentioning him. o.O

NekoMitsuu

07-25-2010

I guess this guide is due to a bot match or in a dream match (for jax means much physical dmg enemies, less mages with stuns) andt they feed and dont surrender in 25 minutes.

because if it was THAT easy to get some kills and not be focused while holding mejai, occult and leviathan, with ANY champ could be a god. But its kinda hard to pull kills when u are at 0 stacks. you have what? 10 damage, 20 ap, 200 hp?

Using ALL of snowball itens is quite a gamble, doesnt need to be done in Jax. If u can manage, in many champs u can be a god. Of course, in others u wont get HP buff, but getting leviathans hp buff would still improve a lot of resistance in most of DPS champions. (Like katarinas that get leviathan and occult or mejai depending on build for ultimate).

The good point in this guide is that it shows precisely what a couple snowball iten stacks would do in terms of extra damage/ap and plus hp.
Getting one of them, occult or mejai creating your own build with new item to help farming, or usual rageblade can lead to a quick buff on champ and u can turn tides of teamfight with jax.

Anyways, nice job.
Ppl should try to get some risks now and then. Fun games indeed xD

Soccerzubs

07-25-2010

Freeze frame, what if your team sucks and you can't build any stacks. Those items rely too heavily on having stacks to do any damage, this guide would never work against a competent team.

dickyta

07-26-2010

the only champion that can get 3 stacking items is ezreal

WirlWind

07-26-2010

I've found Jax to be quite sexy for mid against a weak carry, such as ashe. I just got done with 2 games where I either solo'd a lane or went mid.

Got Q, then W to back them off and keep them on the defensive, tossing in an ignite for good measure, then retreating.

Started off with boots and +3 health pots, ninja tabi, then that 15% lifesteal/50% atk spd thingy for lasting power in my lane once I ran out of pots. Next, I went for Frozen Mallet, going for the belt first, then the rest as cash came in.

Next item was the dodge/atk spd/crit item (sorry, still new and learning ^_^ ) and I started working on the +80 dmg blade.

Probably not as hardy as the posted build, and it also basically requires a solo lane, but works wonders in pubs. I don't know how this will hold up in ranked, as I havn't gotten that far. This is just my 2c though ^_^

::EDIT:: In both games I basically solo'd the entire enemy team, leading to 25 and 31 min wins I'll keep trying this build out, who knows? It might not work against the better players, I'll have to keep giving it a go. And also, it's not reliant on the stack building (Though that could work nicely in a pub)

Narule01

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofWolves View Post
I've tried this with Leviathan, Mejai's, Occult, and Atma's. Was fun for a while, but never really got into it. I like the quicker playstyle of Tabi, Rageblade, and Hextech, (less money and less risk).
i agree i got rageblade hextech phantom dancers and it does the job QUIET nicely tho a tabi+occults majeals always is fun warmogs meeeeh... soso