Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion concept] Singularity, the star killer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

see that's the thing her Q is not a nerfed ult at all, i honestly do not understand where your getting that, as well as i take criticism but your saying things about my champion that aren't true, i was trying to state the fact to help you understand where you were wrong and where you weren't. and im not spamming anything hoping to get an effect your placing your skill shots for dmg and to outplay your enemy, im not talking about playing a charc like la blanc where you just spam everything and kill someone. timing, placement, and knowing when and not when to use skills all come down to her play style, sure i may not see where your coming from and im sorry if i don't, but i believe you dont seem to understand where im coming from.

sorry if its seems as if im angry, its just you dont explain much in your posts and having to argue over this in an attempt to get an explanation is tiring

LordyJuke

09-27-2011

Alright, let me slow it down for yah.

Her P: How do you change the affect? By using spells, correct? What if it's at a pull at the moment, but I need a push? I use spells until I get a push buff, correct? Isn't there any other way that this could be more... manipulative?

Her Q: Gragas's ult does what? Pushes enemies away from the center of the barrel, right?

Orianna's Ult does what? Pulls enemy champions closer to the center of the ball, right?

Her Q seems awfully similiar to this, but in a skill shot form.

If I hit the champion with the skill shot, what happens? They get pulled in or pushed away. Right?

W: What does this do? It deals damage in a DoT form, correct? And, as an added bonus, it also pulls closer or pushes enemy champions away from the target, correct?

E: I said you worded it confusing, all you gotta do is do a little rewording and this would be tidied.

R: Enough's been said about this.

Anything I said about this was wrong?

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

a few things are a bit off, one there ARE cd's you wont be spamming your skills tog et a desired effect, yull just waste mana and wont even have what u want unless you were already 1 skill away, so instead of just rushing for 1 skill you just use what u have now and make it work, if you need a push but you got a pull throw the skill so that it pulls them in the direction that you woulda pushed them in, think outside the box.

and yes your right about the Q in a sense, but the effects are not as grand, which we've already stated, and i see no problem with it.

W changes from a dot to a nuke depending on the gravity alignment and can be used to help secure kills get away and the such i like the idea of this skill as i wanted it to center around a lasting gravity aoe that changes from a push or a pull. also as ive noted it does not deal continuous dmg if your in it if it had been a push only as a pull.

E is very simple, just think of a malz'z visions, how it dots, this dot however dmg's any near by champions as well as gets stronger the more enemy champions are being hurt by it, (so basicly within range)

the R yes as you said enough has been said, and i like the way it looks if theirs something SPECIFIC you don't like about it let me know, dont just say it sucks. id rather have points to improve on then just getting shot down

so yes a alot of what you said is true and some was a bit mixed up,now if you wanna give me some detailed criticism about how you would change things id be happy to listen, but please no more vague sentences about the skill's in general.

LordyJuke

09-27-2011

Quote:
kilianshaw:
a few things are a bit off, one there ARE cd's you wont be spamming your skills tog et a desired effect, yull just waste mana and wont even have what u want unless you were already 1 skill away, so instead of just rushing for 1 skill you just use what u have now and make it work, if you need a push but you got a pull throw the skill in front of them, think outside the box.

and yes your right abt the Q in a sense, but the effects are and grand, which we've already stated, and i see no problem with it.

W changes from a dot to a nuke depending on the gravity alignment and can be used to help secure kills get away and the such i like the idea of this skill as i wanted it to center around a lasting gravity aoe that changes from a push or a pull.

E is very simple, just think of a malz'z visions, how it dots, this dot however dmg's any near by champions as well as gets stronger the more enemy champions are being hurt by it, (so basicly within range)

the R yes as you said enough has been said, and i like the way it looks if theres something SPECIFIC you dont like about it let me know, dont just say it sucks. id rather have points to improve on then just getting shot down

so yes a alot of what you said is true and some was a bit mixed up,now if you wanna give me some detailed criticism about how you would change things id be happy to listen, but please no more vague sentences about the skil in general

Never said it sucked. And you've said plenty of the stuff yourself. The passive doesn't give what you want, so you have to make due with what you get, correct? Isn't there a way to manipulate this better? At all? maybe if she targets an ally, it could push enemy champions away, and if she targets an enemy it pulls them closer to you? Controlling gravity rather than going a long with it. Just giving ideas. In all honesty the passive seems very conservative in the way you put it. "I should save this pull in case I need it later." What if she needs the push at the moment? What should she do? Sit there until she is able to fully use her pull, or use her pull and screw over her ally champion?

If you ask me, it sounds like you mixed Anivia's Flash Frost with Gragas's and Oriana's ult. If it goes through them, it hurts, and if it lands on top of them there's an added effect.

Now, in the description it says that all that are HIT with the skillshot. Does that mean it goes through them and they're pushed to the side, or pulled into the center, or pushed away from the end of the skill shot, or pulled into the end of the skillshot?

Now her the rest of her spells, it seems that you could keep arguing about them forever. If you want them to do as you say, WORD the sentences like how you want them. Clear confusion this way. Her W to me seems a little weak and seems thrown in as a filler. That's Alistar with a select target headbutt, and a skillshot headbutt. Her E is cool, it's a sunfire cape that hurts more if they're are more enemies around. Her ult seems to have a lot of confusion about it. Ezreal's ult requires skill, timing, and predicting to use. Same as Ashe's. Her ult seems a lot more difficult to use and would seemed to be used as a quick CC.

Nerfed means weakened. A nerfed ult as a skill, AKA a weakened ult as a skill isn't very original. You could do something a little better, little more original.

You should think about how other players, and/or Riot would feel about this character. If this IS a beta draft, you should think of many possibilities for each skill possible! There's always room to improve! Maybe if you change this into a so-and-so, then this would make her better at so-and-so. Maybe if this becomes that, then she'd be more balance. Etc.

Just keep questioning your character's skills! I mean, you could do more with gravity other than pushing and pulling! What about knock DOWNS? HMMM?! Think of what are the possibilities rather than slapping a couple skills together and waiting for replies! And, before you accuse anyone of saying it sucks and shutting it down, you should reread and try to understand from THEIR prospective. It's you're fault that it's confusing, you know.

Again, keep trying to make this Space Ranger. D:< I need another Galactic champion to complete my 3v3's.

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

Quote:
LordyJuke:
Never said it sucked. And you've said plenty of the stuff yourself. The passive doesn't give what you want, so you have to make due with what you get, correct? Isn't there a way to manipulate this better? At all? maybe if she targets an ally, it could push enemy champions away, and if she targets an enemy it pulls them closer to you? Controlling gravity rather than going a long with it. Just giving ideas. In all honesty the passive seems very conservative in the way you put it. "I should save this pull in case I need it later." What if she needs the push at the moment? What should she do? Sit there until she is able to fully use her pull, or use her pull and screw over her ally champion?

If you ask me, it sounds like you mixed Anivia's Flash Frost with Gragas's and Oriana's ult. If it goes through them, it hurts, and if it lands on top of them there's an added effect.

Now, in the description it says that all that are HIT with the skillshot. Does that mean it goes through them and they're pushed to the side, or pulled into the center, or pushed away from the end of the skill shot, or pulled into the end of the skillshot?

Now her the rest of her spells, it seems that you could keep arguing about them forever. If you want them to do as you say, WORD the sentences like how you want them. Clear confusion this way. Her W to me seems a little weak and seems thrown in as a filler. That's Alistar with a select target headbutt, and a skillshot headbutt. Her E is cool, it's a sunfire cape that hurts more if they're are more enemies around. Her ult seems to have a lot of confusion about it. Ezreal's ult requires skill, timing, and predicting to use. Same as Ashe's. Her ult seems a lot more difficult to use and would seemed to be used as a quick CC.

Nerfed means weakened. A nerfed ult as a skill, AKA a weakened ult as a skill isn't very original. You could do something a little better, little more original.

You should think about how other players, and/or Riot would feel about this character. If this IS a beta draft, you should think of many possibilities for each skill possible! There's always room to improve! Maybe if you change this into a so-and-so, then this would make her better at so-and-so. Maybe if this becomes that, then she'd be more balance. Etc.

Just keep questioning your character's skills! I mean, you could do more with gravity other than pushing and pulling! What about knock DOWNS? HMMM?! Think of what are the possibilities rather than slapping a couple skills together and waiting for replies! And, before you accuse anyone of saying it sucks and shutting it down, you should reread and try to understand from THEIR prospective. It's you're fault that it's confusing, you know.

Again, keep trying to make this Space Ranger. D:< I need another Galactic champion to complete my 3v3's.

Please excuse my grammer and spelling, im rly tired and im typeing rly fast to get this long post done with

"I should save this pull in case I need it later." this was after you said "the way you put it" so im going to take this as if i said it,

i didnt.

i made her passive so that it changes unconditionally, as ive stated before if i want her to have so much cc with big enough ratios to sustain enough to not be considered up or op i had to make sacrifices, being in love with skill shot champs i made her a skill like champ,

i used her passive to "chain" her up so to speak to make her harder to play without sacrificing anything, you cant control her passive and still be doing tons of dmg as ive stated its unstable, this MAKES you think outside the box, you need to know how many spells you play before things change, and then use your spells basically backwards to make it so your not fking your self over.

you cant "save" anything, unless you mean saving your last push skill, before entering pull mode, you would be screwing your self over by doing this because you could do the exact same thing as a push with a pull if you place it in a different area, which no offence is something i dont see you understanding,

as to the anivia statement i NEVER said it hurt if it goes through them, your making stuff up now. also i said when it explodes as in when it lands at its destination point, its an Aoe, it doesnt push upon coming in contact only when it lands.

W isent weak at all its a situational skill, its used in conjunction with the dot on E to make her ult deal more dmg. the push aspect is mostly a get away spell, if your being chased you could put it between you and make it tough to get around or through plus a SMALL knock back. or if your chasing, putting it in front could make it hard for them to get away. so i dont understand your reasoning, then agian untill i place some numbers this cant be helped.

as to her ult, i dont think its confusing at all, but to try and help it let me explain it in depth.

Singularity can place a large Area Ult, that area is that of something galios ult but maybe smaller.

picture that k?

now inside that ult is a small black hole. and i mean small. that continuously sucks in everything inside the ult to the middle, now you can run out of the ult but since your being sucked in, your basically being slowed, right? well if you were to stand still or take an action yud obviously get sucked in.

Now once IN the middle of the ulti, you are basicly bound, you can attack use skills, etc, how ever you CANT move. the only way to get out of this is to use escape spells such as ez's arcane shift, or flash. etc. otherwise yur staying there. after a certain amount of time, or dmg i havent decided yet, the small black hole explodes and the enemys are knocked back a certain distance, lets say like graggas ulti distance, if your in the middle the direction is random. if your not in the middle your pushed in a liner direction that of the middle of the ulti, dealing extra dmg

this long explination in its self is, yes, very long. its something yull need to see apparently to understand it with a small description.

in essence, its just a small black hole that deals a Dot if your in the middle, and more dmg after it explodes,

the POINT of her ult is that the area that deals dmg is hard to hit with, and even harder to get multiple enemy's into. if you dont you can still expect explosion dmg and a small area CC from the pull. but less dmg then if you got them all into the ulti,

the main idea in unleashing all her skills to deal maximum dmg is to E someone, W the person you E'd to make it easier to land your Ult, you now have 3 dots on them you then use the suction from W and R to get people into the middle of R while using Q to help push them into R this will maximize ulti dmg as well as E dmg, while dealing dmg with W. and then the ulti explodes, sending there team in scattered directions allowing them to be picked off.

Also everyone ive explained this concept to got it extremely easly and quickly, so far your the only one who seems to have trouble

Also regardless if i dont look it, im thankful for all your posts, you have given me some things to think about even if there is a bit of confusion about the character