Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion concept] Singularity, the star killer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

"Singularity, the Star killer"

Passive:Gravity Flux. Singularity's power over gravity is unstable
Therefor after every _____ spells cast, the center of gravity switches
make her spells push or pull depending on the buff currently on him/her.

[Q]:Gravity Bomb: Singularity Sends out a skill shot small Aoe nuke, that pushes or pulls all that are hit depending on Gravity flux's currant alignment

[W]:Gravity well: Singularity Sends out a small aoe DoT that either pulls in or pushes enemy away depending on spell flux's alinement, if the alignment
is a push, the spell becomes a nuke that pushes the target upon release and then slowly pushes anything it comes in contact with after the initial cast for no damage.

[E]:Gravitation: Singularity Places a aura of gravity upon an enemy that continuously damage the champion and champions around him/her gaining strength with the more enemy champion's within the radius of the spells effect

[R]: Supernova: calls upon the power of gravity to produce a mini black hole on the playing field, the closer you are to the center of the black hole
the harder it is to leave, once in the center only escape mech's may save you. while in the center you take continuous dmg, at the end of its duration the
black hole explodes sending all within its radius flying for extra damage. [the direction depends on the current location in the ulti at the center its random.
outside of the center its based on your location parallel to the black hole"

Everything here is just a beta-like idea, nothing here would be considered final and im taking criticism,

also the idea for this champ is pure skill. ratios would be low so dont take into consideration that all this cc is op. it would be a "ima widdle you down this try to use as much skill as i can to pull out my full potential to finally kick your ass" try to imagine useing all yur cc to fully take advantage of the ult.

as for names these are just set for now some may not even make sense, there just place holders for better ideas

Echoing

09-27-2011

There's not enough numbers for me to judge whether or not this is OP or not. I generally don't bother with commenting on concepts that aren't fleshed out enough.

I will, however, call you out on your claim that "the ratios would be low so this CC can't be OP". It doesn't matter if it doesn't do damage, a 3 second fear in a large, Gangplank ult-sized area, for instance, is still OP. Keep that in mind.

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

there is no fear though, the ult its self keeps you from leaveing by running out of it for sure, how ever you can still take any action you wish while centerd there, you just take continuous dmg and are basicly un able to move, how ever skills such as flash can get you out.

also i created it so the center were you become stuck is quite small, the idea is to hopefully tag 1 person with it in a group thn use your other spells to hopefully knock them into it as well

and i never said it couldent be op im saying that the lack of ap for this amount would be balanced of course.

Echoing

09-27-2011

>for instance
>indicating a hypothetical situation
>not implying anything about the champion

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

true. but you were indicating that my cc was like that of the over powered one you had told me about even if it was indirectly, you also misunderstood what i had originally said which led you to say that again.

i understand cc can be op *stares at fiddles* what im saying as it would definitely be balanced and if it couldn't id change it a bit.

Regardless of that however can anyone give me any criticizem on the mechanics?

LordyJuke

09-27-2011

So.. the concept is her abilities make people constantly move around? Interesting.

P: Ehh... Interesting idea, but how far will it move you? Far enough to make a difference? That'd be OP.

Q: I like random tossing, but as five different people said to me once, keep the random out of this game. If you could, explain how would you control the alignment buff.

W: What? Does the same thing as his Q, but in a DoT form? That's redundant.

E: I'm confused. Make it less confusing, but from what I can tell, the spell's damage is intensified if there are more people around them. I think that's pretty cool, but you should rewrite it.

R: No. Randomness, bad, inescapable AOE's? Bad. That's like, Amumu's but 5x worse. Amumu has to get close to you to use his ult, so all you gotta do is stay away from him, but this ult... It's ranged. Ranged Amumu? Bad!

=====================
What type of hero IS She/He? Carry? Nuker? Support? Base her spells around it accordingly! If she's a support, give her more supportive spells, if she's a carry, give her carry-like spells. Take a look around the existing champions, see what they have and learn why they go together!

You got something going here! SPACE HEROES FTW!

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

Quote:
LordyJuke:
So.. the concept is her abilities make people constantly move around? Interesting.

P: Ehh... Interesting idea, but how far will it move you? Far enough to make a difference? That'd be OP.

Q: I like random tossing, but as five different people said to me once, keep the random out of this game. If you could, explain how would you control the alignment buff.

W: What? Does the same thing as his Q, but in a DoT form? That's redundant.

E: I'm confused. Make it less confusing, but from what I can tell, the spell's damage is intensified if there are more people around them. I think that's pretty cool, but you should rewrite it.

R: No. Randomness, bad, inescapable AOE's? Bad. That's like, Amumu's but 5x worse. Amumu has to get close to you to use his ult, so all you gotta do is stay away from him, but this ult... It's ranged. Ranged Amumu? Bad!

=====================
What type of hero IS She/He? Carry? Nuker? Support? Base her spells around it accordingly! If she's a support, give her more supportive spells, if she's a carry, give her carry-like spells. Take a look around the existing champions, see what they have and learn why they go together!

You got something going here! SPACE HEROES FTW!

the passive its self doesnt throw you it is what determins how your skills push or pull, after a certian number of spells the spells push/pull mechs are reversed for example after 2 spells push, the passive would then make her spells pull

Q isent random it works like Gragas ult, your push liner to the middle of the explosion point.

W isent exactly like Q its a bit different . when its a pull its a dot that sucks the enemy's in, when its a push its a slight nuke that pushes away during the initial cast, then remains to slowly push champions out of it. how ever will not deal dot dmg.

E is the bread and butter when conjunctiond with her ult

R you seem to be a bit confused with. there is NO dmg from the ult unless you are in the middle of it, the chance of hitting more then one champion with the middle, no even hitting 1 can be challenging its that small. other wise its like a slow unless you stand still in which case yull be sucked into the middle slowly. anyone within the ulti radius however will be dealt dmg when it explodes, the point is to use the rest of her ability to knock champions into the middle to max damage, but trust me the way i have it set up is ALOT harder then you would initially believe

im tempted to make the ult dmg run off how much dmg it deals in the pre explode phase to once agian reward good skill shots.

as to what she is, id like her to be a CC'r nuke, that bases EVERYTHING around skill shots, with a bit of support-y aspects, for example being able to knock someone away a bit with Q if there being chased etc.

LordyJuke

09-27-2011

So, I gotta basically spam spells until I get the effect I want?

Her Q is Gragas's ULT or Oriana's ULT, but slightly nerfed?

Her W still does the same thing, push/pull and deal damage.

Her E... I get it now

Her R still doesn't seem that good. If it's so hard to use, why put it in the game? Pure skill can be a lot of things, timing, reaction, etc. Just because you make a skill hard to use, doesn't mean skillful players would use it.

KilianShaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

her ult is quite op imo if it WERENT hard to use, as you said if it was easy to use, it would be pretty messed up. so insted of it being easy to use i made it give and take, you can guarantee a bit of dmg because of the explosion but to maximize all her dmg yull need to get them into the center. if your not looking for dmg the suction of the ult can provide a bit of CC coupled with other skills could allow you to keep runners from getting away, used in smaller areas could guarantee kill or guarantee safety.

to simplify that last sentence, in a answer, I would have to say, that because i find that this ult could be potentially op i try to lvl it out with ratio and skill, its hard to get full dmg from the skill, and even harder to gain it on multiple enemy's.

and as i said shes a nuker, your spells arent going to be up ALL the time so saying that your spamming for the desired effect is taken with alot of leniency. just like how you can tell a good Graggas ult from a bad one. yull find that a good person playing this charc makes more use of the effects of her skills rather then her dmg

LordyJuke

09-27-2011

You're not understanding what I'm saying, at all. If you say you take criticism, you should try to view your champion in a different light, rather than this green light you view it in. Give it some thought again. If the champion like her needs to use her spells multiple times (rather than spam) it's still pretty much spamming your spells as much as you can to get the desired effect. And, her Q is a nerfed ult. Cool, but you don't understand what's wrong with an ult as a skill, do you?