Riot is bad at math.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verbivore

06-05-2010

I laughed when Gasty came along to post his input.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydrostaticShock View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

But seriously, is it like diminishing returns or something?

This makes me slightly angry, because now I have to change an additional Magic Pen rune out for an AD rune to allow me to get Akali's Passive up at level 1.
While I laughed because your original post had the most obvious answer, this is a decent point, and might be a good reason to up the bonus on the runes to an even 0.25 instead of 0.24whatever that it is now so that it can sync up better with Akali's passive.

Weiss König

06-05-2010

Yeah. I'm on that same boat. I thought it was a laughable matter in the beginning, because the ramifications of not clearly defining the number seemed negligible. However, misrepresenting the stats to any degree does cause issues for players who carefully balance their champions. It's not a grave, game-changing issue, but it should be fixed.

Gasty

06-05-2010

There's no diminishing returns, the discrepancy is due to rounding in the tooltip.

HydrostaticShock

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistikman View Post
While I laughed because your original post had the most obvious answer, this is a decent point, and might be a good reason to up the bonus on the runes to an even 0.25 instead of 0.24whatever that it is now so that it can sync up better with Akali's passive.
This would make my day.

Klinkin

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasty View Post
There's no diminishing returns, the discrepancy is due to rounding in the tooltip.
This. Way back when, runes used to display to three decimal places. When they rounded them off to two, things like this happened. However, by the same fact, your .98 AD should round up to 1 in the final calculations...

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkin View Post
This. Way back when, runes used to display to three decimal places. When they rounded them off to two, things like this happened. However, by the same fact, your .98 AD should round up to 1 in the final calculations...
Not true, most values in the game are calculated and applied as floats, but displayed as ints. This is why it's possible in ridiculous fringe cases to survive with 0 hit points (I had this happen once, it was awesome)

Almost everything in the game is displayed as a whole number, but that's only mostly true.

HydrostaticShock

06-05-2010

So, long story short, .25 is really .2476657575786867546456546546 Or something absurd?

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Yes, basically.

HydrostaticShock

06-05-2010

But... why?

I can't even fathom why a flat, fixed value such as a +damage rune needs to be a ridiculous decimal instead of just +.25