[Gide] Corki as Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cereal

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

So, I think the key to making a dps build viable is stacking armor. Corki is begging to be focused and with the dps build, particularly to use gatling you need to be quite close. So, there's my thought on DPS.

Here's ~philosophically why I think AP is way better. DPS build you build up one AOE skill-gatling, which requires you to be IN the fray to kill. Even though until you have some hp items, like mallet (which was recently nerfed but still good), you don't want to be IN the fray. Yes, you still have the other skills like Valkyrie and such, but that's easily counterable, even knockups mess up Valkyrie and you're dead. And no, I'm not forgetting about the passive, that made me want to DPS build him as well.

With AP Corki you are almost NEVER IN the fray and when you are it's to finish them off with a Valk-Phospho for double kill or whatever, NOT to initiate and get them low in the first place. ALSO, Valkyrie has a 1:1 AP ratio currently (not sure if nerf incoming). I believe that's 4 ticks of 1:1 AP ratio. I can't even remember it's base damage, but in a typcial game I get 300 AP by 23 mins and usually get 2 or more DoT ticks off on enemies when using Valk-that's 1second 500 damage, 2 seconds 500 damage=1000 Plus phospho hitting 3 times as hard as yours, again REALLY often with it's low CD.

Lastly what's VERY important is an AP Corki puts out BURST damage, enemies die faster, while you are at safer distances, and when you are close enough to be killed you finish them in .8seconds.

I don't think DPS is dumb, but I do believe AP is a better fit.

Buddha Belly

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrynth View Post
Any crit is basically wasted so I go...
Not really, your still counting on your auto attacks to proc the slow on the mallet, and they still hit really hard. Gatling adds a ton of pressure to your attacks, but a 700+ auto attack crit is going a long ways towards getting the enemy dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
So, I think the key to making a dps build viable is stacking armor. Corki is begging to be focused and with the dps build, particularly to use gatling you need to be quite close.
My counter argument ^_^

Im not sure why any hero going end game carry would go heavy armor stack. Your job is to kill heroes and towers and finish the game. That is something that Corki does very well. If you see they are going to focus you hard out of the gate, all you have to do is get the frozen mallet first and hang out with someone on your team with a disable. You can even go sit in the jungle post level 6 with zero problems.

As far as burst goes, back to back 700-900 crits with gatling running and a level 5 phosphorous bomb is a lot of damage quick, and your basically melting casters at this point. You don't even have to worry about defense if everyone is dead =)

Labrynth

10-01-2009

Corki got nerfed

Gattling : 1/3 -> 1/4
Phos : 50% -> 35%

Aviseras

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrynth View Post
Corki got nerfed

Gattling : 1/3 -> 1/4
Phos : 50% -> 35%
He is still ridiculous, and a strong AP build can do HUGE damage w/ his fire still. I've gotten to 1k/second in some games, just crazy.

Cereal

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Yah, buddha belly, I actually forgot to put "runes" after stacking armor. It's not worth buying it in game, but you need it, so armor runes make your build viable though I still prefer AP.

And I don't argue that you can do near back to back crits around that high, but still that's to ONE target, how about 400dmg from phosho bomb and 500 from valk (IF they only stay in for one tick) and ~350 from ult in ONE second to the whole team?