Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Rune Combos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinterklaas

09-20-2009

The first page for me is a mix of crit chance at marks (8.3%), dodge at seals (11%) and mp5 at glyphs (15 at 18).

Second page is for casters with a total of 6% cooldown reduction (+9% masteries and Frozen Heart makes 40%) and ap at lvl 18 runes (56).

The last page is +crit damage (49%) for times when I feel like getting a couple of Avarice Blades and mp5 (15 at 18).

09-20-2009

Quote:
Zephyrmist:
most of the time i just use
Fighter - Armor pen and Crit damage
Mage - CD and AP

I never play any tanks some im not sure about them and i wouldnt say im pro but just decent.

Best mage combo overall is : Magic damage, Health, critical CHANCE. On morgana and ryze this combo is particularly good.

Not sure if Dodge runes in defensive slots + dodge masteries and nimbleness woudnt work best? any ideas? ( over health i meen )

Also tanks i enjoy playing: Pure damage, Armor, Magic Damage, -% time dead.

09-20-2009

Quote:
OdyatBBQ:
Ugh, you must have misunderstood something (though I cannot yet figure out what).
First of all AP glyphs don't give 5AP at 18. They give 3.06AP.

So that adds up to a total of +27.54AP if you take 9 of them.
Marks give 1.08AP each, summing up to 9.72AP.
Seals give 1.8AP, which is in total 16.2AP.
Quintessences give 7.74AP each - total 23.22AP.

All in all thats 76.68AP at level 18 (which i find kind of strange because the runebook says its +78 : / )

Actually this setup is kinda cool. you get a bonus of 4.26AP per level alone from runes and at level 18 you have two free Force Staffs (I think thats what they are callled).

blasting rods, not force staffs

i personally have a +55% crit damage page, a +78 AP at 18 page, then the last page is crit damage on red, cd reduction at 18 on quintessences and blue, then dodge on yellow, as a general page for anyone not using either of the others

Woozl

09-20-2009

I am quite fond of mp5 runes, cd, crit chance/damage, and armor pen. I don't really use AP, but I also don't generally build AP with items either.

Kaede

09-20-2009

eee how about Magic Penetration for casters? Isn't it more effecient in terms of pure dmg than stacking +AP (especially with the 15% penetration mastery)? Anyone knows if it's worth it?

09-20-2009

Quote:
Kaede:
eee how about Magic Penetration for casters? Isn't it more effecient in terms of pure dmg than stacking +AP (especially withe the 15% penetration mastery)? Anyone knows if it's worth it?

Not sure, but if people start to use it and it works u can be sure we gona have to start stacking magic rez

Roidracer

09-20-2009

all my reds are damage penetration. all my yellow are dodge, all my blue are -cd(celerity ones)
all my blacks are movespeed

Atmosfear

Recruiter

09-20-2009

Fighters:

Red = Armor Pen
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = CD/Lvl
Black = Dodge

Casters:

Red = AP/Lvl
Yellow = AP/Lvl
Blue = CD/Lvl
Black = Mix of CD/Lvl and AP/Lvl

Tanks:

Red = Magic Resist/Lvl
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = Magic Resist/Lvl
Black = Dodge

MarekX

09-20-2009

Actually the worst thing about runes is, that there is no DELETE button
Otherwise I am using crit dmg and armor pen for fighter class with dodge runes added for jax.

09-20-2009

A lot of combos are viable depending on ur hero, no rune is the best for that type of hero...

exemple: GankPlank needs critical damage OR chance to make his parley a monster at lvl 3+