Best Rune Combos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morakie

09-19-2009

I've searched the forums high and low for any topics that I thought might contain any talk or debate on Weak/strong runes and what people think about them and i cant find Zilch.

So My Field activity to you guys today is to list what you think are the Best 3 Rune Comobs - Best "All Around" Rune Combo's.

3 Catagories.

Tank - that guy that just takes FOREVER to kill
Mage - The Casters, Mana Reliant guys
Fighter - The high Dmg, In your face guy

Take in mind wierd math like, All + to health for a tank sounds awsome but say your getting a bonus of 500 health at the end OR you could get a ton of armor and end up blocking 30-40% of the damage, in a fight of 2500 life thats 750-1000 Life saved.
(Again this might not be the way to go because of magic damage)

My Main mission in this post is for us to find the viable rune combos and find which ones are worth using and which ones to throw away. If we work together and explain why we use what we use and how its better than other methods we can elimate the useless runes and find good combos

Zephyrmist

09-19-2009

most of the time i just use
Fighter - Armor pen and Crit damage
Mage - CD and AP

I never play any tanks some im not sure about them and i wouldnt say im pro but just decent.

Dareck

09-19-2009

general use = hp regen
early game focus = all hp
casters = cooldown (i prefer cooldown over AP because AP is easier to obtain)
fighter = crit damage

Baulien

09-19-2009

For some silly reason I do Crit chance over crit damage on my DPS runes. Maybe I should switch that out.

Currently testing a mana/HP regen build. It's got some odds and ends thrown in to fill the gaps, like magic resist and cooldown.

Unfortunately I don't play near enough to properly collect data on my builds and come to any kin dof meaningful conclusion.

To all involved here, are you using raw stat runes or per-level/18 runes? I try to avoid the /18 runes since, well, I kinda suck and don't always make it to 18. I need as much help as I can get in the early game.

Buddha Belly

09-19-2009

For casters i prefer ap@18. You can get up to 78 I think.
It lets you stay competitive in your lane longer as you level before you need to go buy. It also helps you get much higher numbers late game on heroes like Viegar

Morakie

09-19-2009

I like the /18 runes Simply because if you stack 9x of them it means every 2 levels your going to be getting a Bonus = to hitting level 18. so say your using the 5.03 To AP At level 18 and .279 Per level

that means .279 X 18 =5.03
and if you have 9X of these (The max per Rune Type) your getting 5.03 AP every 2 levels + another 90.54 AP at level 18.

If you use more runes of the same Type (Title) for your other Slots (IE Red, Yellow) than your getting even more + to AP per level (i dont know the math on the other rune colors)

So if u stacked 30 Runes all for /18 the math ends up being WAYYYYY more than if you did just + to AP

30 Runes for + 4AP or evn 6AP is only 4X30 = 120 or 6X30 = 180 - Compared to the 181.8 AP you got JUST from the blue runes using /18

The only logical debate on Pure +to ____ Runes is that early game you get a huge advantage and hopefully enough so that you can Dominate your match early and fast enough to make it profitable and just buy items thay would otherwise be too expensive without the extra kill cash.

Morakie

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baulien View Post
For some silly reason I do Crit chance over crit damage on my DPS runes. Maybe I should switch that out.

Currently testing a mana/HP regen build. It's got some odds and ends thrown in to fill the gaps, like magic resist and cooldown.

Unfortunately I don't play near enough to properly collect data on my builds and come to any kin dof meaningful conclusion.

To all involved here, are you using raw stat runes or per-level/18 runes? I try to avoid the /18 runes since, well, I kinda suck and don't always make it to 18. I need as much help as I can get in the early game.
I Like Crit chance over Crit Dmg simply because by % the math adds up, well in most cases.

I run 24% to Dmg and 9.54 % to Crit chance right now, if i droped the 24% crit damage and got oh say another, 10% to chance that means id be critting 20% more than the average joe. (lets say the Average joe crits for 5%) so 1/4 shots will crit for 200% dmg, with the assumption that all playing get a default 5% to crit and i have a bonus of 20% to a grand total of 25%

now if i droped the Crit Chance and got all crit damage, say for 40% to Crit Dmg but only 5% to crit. That means 1/20 shots hit for 240% damage

so if i made 20 shots each normal shot for 50dmg but 1 for 240% = 1070Dmg

and if i made 20 shots each normal shot for 50dmg but 5 shots for 200% that = 1250Dmg

All Crit Dmg = 1070
All Crit Chance = 1250

Now the Real math kicks in when your looking at specific Item builds/Champions that you know have large Crit % or Crit Dmg

If you know your going to be running with someone wth high Crit Chance like ASHE (by default her crit % goes up every 3 seconds until you make an Attack, and then progressivly drops back to Default Crit %, Then you KNOW you need crit DMG, simply because your already critting like a someone on crack

but if your playing someone like Twitch who's whole build is based on Attack speed, than you KNOW you need crit chance because you will be attacking SOOO much your crits will hit more offten.

So play it smart and just do that math and you will find the right balance of Crit % to Crit Dmg

Xagur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

you dont get 181 ap from APrunes haha maybe it just me who missunderstand it ll but ye, u just gte like 70:P

Morakie

09-20-2009

you can get Up to 70AP from the /18 bonus alone with Glyphs, now if u add in the +5 to AP or so gained over time from the incremental bonus as well and multiply that but the amount of runes of that nature u can double your bonus to another 70 or so.
thats 140 AP.

its a little less but the math is close, /18 runes simply give more of a bonus than the Raw runes with the draw back of not having it right away

OdyatBBQ

09-20-2009

Ugh, you must have misunderstood something (though I cannot yet figure out what).
First of all AP glyphs don't give 5AP at 18. They give 3.06AP.

So that adds up to a total of +27.54AP if you take 9 of them.
Marks give 1.08AP each, summing up to 9.72AP.
Seals give 1.8AP, which is in total 16.2AP.
Quintessences give 7.74AP each - total 23.22AP.

All in all thats 76.68AP at level 18 (which i find kind of strange because the runebook says its +78 : / )

Actually this setup is kinda cool. you get a bonus of 4.26AP per level alone from runes and at level 18 you have two free Blasting Rods (thanks for the correction ;-)).