[Champ Sugg] Where are my tower/ward generator Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheJackalMan

09-19-2009

One of my favorite things with DotA and the like games, are characters who can create a tower or tower like object. In DotA you had Venomancer's wards, and then you had my favorite, Rhasta's Ultimate Wards. In DemiGod (I know, shame on me for bringing it up) Rook could create towers. I like this and how it adds a different sort of strategy. I'd like to see it implemented and I haven't seen any plans or mentions of it elsewhere in the forums.

The other thing that I miss from other games of the like that I haven't seen implemented in LoL, mostly because I don't think it was built to support this, is minions. Like summonable, sub-characters. Like in DotA, Syllabear's Bear, which we sort of have in Annie, but you can't control it and it only hangs around for a limited time. Or another example from DotA, Furion's Tree Ents.

Just putting my thoughts out there. I'm a big Rhasta player and as soon as I played raze and imprisoned someone I was searching for my Ultimate Wards :-p

SlyGoat

09-19-2009

Yeah there's a definite shortage of all types of summons. At least there's mushrooms, right?

Mannan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-19-2009

There is a guy that can build turrets coming, and a jester that can lay wards in the form of a jack-in-a-box.

Aeonus

09-20-2009

Patience young champion the ones you seek will come soon

Aknar

09-20-2009

yeah more champions within the scout section will be great,right now I think teemo feels pretty lonely

Aeonus

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous View Post
yeah more champions within the scout section will be great,right now I think teemo feels pretty lonely
But Captain Teemo is ALWAYS on duty hehe

gutter

09-20-2009

I agree...'ish. I think we have more champions that can summon stationary things like towers and turrets coming.

But as for summon'able minions, I think there's an issue with that. Don't get me wrong, I WANT them in the game (in moderation), but from my understanding the engine isn't actually designed for multi-unit control. Therefore, the only way to actually control multiple units is in the Tibbers-like way, where it basically mimics your champion commands.

HOWEVER, I've found that the Tibbers system is actually really intriguing. It's not traditional multi-unit control at all, and getting it down is actually really interesting and fun. At first it gave me fits but over time I thought it felt very smooth, and yes, skillful.

feardragon

09-20-2009

There's actually supposed to be a hero coming that is basically exactly what you're asking for. I forget the name but it begins with an Hem or something. His passive is supposed to be that nearby turrets slowly regain health when he's nearby. He can also build his own little turrets and upgrade them, etc. He's basically like the engineer from Team Fortress 2.

Hmmer94

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannan View Post
There is a guy that can build turrets coming, and a jester that can lay wards in the form of a jack-in-a-box.

Link to jester thread or info? I havnt seen him yet

Dev Remming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

Like gutter said, If you notice in the game you cannot deselect your hero, Thus controlling two of them would be them mirroring each other's movement. And if they would change it so you could deselect your hero, I'd be horribly sad because accidental deselection killed me more then anything in Dota