Shen: Warmog's, or no Warmog's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joeface

06-04-2010

no warmogs, too expensive for just hp, too much farm required

Azing

06-04-2010

I'd say get it, its an amazing item on Shen. The big problem though is if your getting it, you need to get it as early as possible. Shen isn't really a kill happy hero so getting it early is the main priority. One you go it Last hits will be your friend and you will do well.

I highly recommend it unless for some reason you won't be getting it first, then skip it. Its not worth getting unless you get it earlier in game.

EcoEco

06-05-2010

Warmog, you need to get KILLS, I mean KILLING enemy champions. You NEED to get fed to get Warmog early. Early enough to make it useful. I am serious.

Shen is not that good at farming minions. His only damaging skill is Q and Auto Attack. You cannot farm that well. I played quite a few games with Shen. I never ever get more than 100 or so minion kills. I typically get around 70-80, I'm usually getting assists and tanking.

So no Warmog because even if you get fed early game, you won't be able to fully get all the stacks.

This is generally my build.

Ruby Crystal
Boots +1

Being harrassed a lot (low gold income) - Heart of Gold
Boots +2 (Ninja Tabi, Mercury's Treads
Physical Heavy - Warden's Mail/Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Cape
Magical Heavy - Banshee, Force of Nature, finish Randuin's Omen later (good for tanking tower and Active)
Mix - Get Negatron Cloak, Finish Randuin's Omen, Banshee, Force of Nature, Sunfire Cape

Able to hold the lane/push them back - Parts for Aegis of Legion
Finish Aegis of Legion/Finish Boots (depends if you need to chase or walk a lot)
Phage
Finish Frozen Mallet
Guardian Angel

Normally, if I can get Aegis, I like to go for some offense (Frozen Mallet). I can dash/taunt. Sometimes I use it to chase even if I cant get in range for taunt. But I can slow them with melee. So it still works out in the end. I get the Guardian Angel, for a mix of Armor and Magic Resist. I don't really rely on the revive.

Bottom line, pick items that give you tankiness (armor/magic resist) that also gives HEALTH.

yamers

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeface View Post
no warmogs, too expensive for just hp, too much farm required
truth/10

/thread

yamers

06-05-2010

aegis> warmogs

McRofls

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoEco View Post
Warmog, you need to get KILLS, I mean KILLING enemy champions. You NEED to get fed to get Warmog early. Early enough to make it useful. I am serious.

Shen is not that good at farming minions. His only damaging skill is Q and Auto Attack. You cannot farm that well. I played quite a few games with Shen. I never ever get more than 100 or so minion kills. I typically get around 70-80, I'm usually getting assists and tanking.

So no Warmog because even if you get fed early game, you won't be able to fully get all the stacks.

This is generally my build.

Ruby Crystal
Boots +1

Being harrassed a lot (low gold income) - Heart of Gold
Boots +2 (Ninja Tabi, Mercury's Treads
Physical Heavy - Warden's Mail/Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Cape
Magical Heavy - Banshee, Force of Nature, finish Randuin's Omen later (good for tanking tower and Active)
Mix - Get Negatron Cloak, Finish Randuin's Omen, Banshee, Force of Nature, Sunfire Cape

Able to hold the lane/push them back - Parts for Aegis of Legion
Finish Aegis of Legion/Finish Boots (depends if you need to chase or walk a lot)
Phage
Finish Frozen Mallet
Guardian Angel

Normally, if I can get Aegis, I like to go for some offense (Frozen Mallet). I can dash/taunt. Sometimes I use it to chase even if I cant get in range for taunt. But I can slow them with melee. So it still works out in the end. I get the Guardian Angel, for a mix of Armor and Magic Resist. I don't really rely on the revive.

Bottom line, pick items that give you tankiness (armor/magic resist) that also gives HEALTH.
This is what I do, but I go Doran's shield in the beginning.

The Promise

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Da Juiceman View Post
god say no to warmogs, bad item on almost all chars
But not Cho'Gath.

Theorycrafter

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
But not Cho'Gath.
He is just fat.

Queue

06-06-2010

Going towards stacking damage resist will go further than just HP, and you'll still probably end with over 3k.

Omen, Aegis, Froz Hammer, Force of Nature, Sunfire, and boots would be a great build.

DiveMePls

06-06-2010

Having played shen for quite a bit, I can say Warmog's is a bad idea on him.
You don't have any good farming moves. I usually finish my games with less creep kills than needed to fill a Warmog's.

Same goes for Frozen Mallet. Item is overpriced due to slow, which is not very useful for a tank. For roughly the same gold, you can get a Sunfire Cape and another Giant's Belt, which gives you more HP (880 vs 700), armor and 40 AOE DPS.

My usual item build is the following:

vs. Physical DPS: Doran's Shield+HP Pot>Heart of Gold>Ninja Tabi>Sunfire Cape> Randuin's Omen>Sunfire Cape> Guardian Angel
vs. Casters: Doran's Shield+HP pot>Negation Cloak>Merc Threads>2x Giant's Belt>Force of Nature>2x Sunfire Cape>Guardian Angel