"4 top, 1 bot"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding

09-26-2011

There is zero reason to send two bot at start. Two champions cannot pick up a kill under a tower against a single defender that early -- not enough damage.

Any decent defender will be able to hold bot against two champs. It makes sense to send a squishy ranged who needs farm or an AP carry down there anyway while the good early-game champs rush top.

Sending two bot only means that you lose a 3v4 at top and have an uphill fight two get 3 points.

Wolfalisk

09-26-2011

What I've noticed thus far is that whomever top belongs to first has little bearing on the direction or the outcome of the game.

Argodis

09-26-2011

Already seen a team send 4 bot to counter our 4 top and they steamrolled our guy at bot.

Cobber

09-26-2011

I completely disagree with "4 top 1 bot".
It all depends entirely on both teams; you can usually discern which team is going to win a top fight, or get their first.
You're highly unlikely to be able to tower-dive people 4on4 at top if they have already captured the point.

Either way, friends and I have been sending 3 top and 1 bottom. the last person will either rush to cross-road at top and try to distract or defend the top point from the enemy team while their teammates capture or, more likely because we haven't been using the fastest champions and have been against a Rammus in most games, the last person will help bottom capture his point and then head to the enemy's top-middle point (drill or refinery, depending on which side you are on) going through the bottom haste. This forces them to either send one or two people back, allowing the three sent to top to capture it or to lose a point and their lead.

This is best done with a champion, with decent movement speed, that is capable of fending off at least one person comfortably and having the Garrison summoner spell (eg; Shaco, Teemo, Udyr)

Razius

09-26-2011

FWIW I've found that playing Heimer or Urgot bot can win games as long as your team isnt ******ed.

You stay bot basically all game and push the **** out of it, nobody can outlane heimer or urgot that early basically and you either cap their tower or one person comes and ganks their defender and you cap it. If they send someone bot you can defend all day long with exhaust and garrison and then its 3v4 top and easy teamfight win or splitpush win. But it all relies on your team realizing their advantage top, usually they just rage that you haven't left bot when they dont realize the strategic impact of an un-pushable, pressured bot lane.

Our Hero Niko

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding View Post
There is zero reason to send two bot at start. Two champions cannot pick up a kill under a tower against a single defender that early -- not enough damage.

Any decent defender will be able to hold bot against two champs. It makes sense to send a squishy ranged who needs farm or an AP carry down there anyway while the good early-game champs rush top.

Sending two bot only means that you lose a 3v4 at top and have an uphill fight two get 3 points.
i've seen it happen.

Quarlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

3 top, 1 bottom, 1 backdooring enemy mid

Hannor

09-26-2011

At level four and ~1.3k gold worth of items, not many champs can survive a 2v1 away from an active turret.

So, I send 2 bot. 1 to Push and 1 to patrol and support. Now my bottom guy is gathering extra gold and esp, while your guy is stuck hugging his turret. My bot guy takes his time, and gathers a large wave.

Now you have to send two bot to defend, or lose the point. My patrol guy and map awareness are all over this. The three sent to top can push and take windmill if you send two, while we retreat. Suddenly, you lose control of the whole map.

This is, of course, very ideal. However, look at the basic situation I put you in. You must choose which point gets the high risk of falling. I have put myself in little danger, since 3 can easily defend against 4 at a tower if necessary and 2 can easily control the bottom of the map versus 1.

In Chess, it is called a fork. This one position can flip the games momentum, and is one of the best positions to have in Chess. A fork position on the Scar has the same effect.

I know this works, because I do it every game 4 get sent top. Every game, my team gains the momentum, unless the enemy halts its momentum early. 4 top 1 bot is incredibly weak early in the game. Later in the game, such dense grouping just gets you ninja'd over and over again. 4 top 1 bot is not a good strategy.

HotHit

09-26-2011

2 top, 1 bot, 2 roaming seems like it would be just as efficient a tactic.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Already seen a team send 4 bot to counter our 4 top and they steamrolled our guy at bot.
Then he respawned and capped the point right outside his base while you guys capped the others?