"4 top, 1 bot"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawlerBrawler

09-26-2011

This seems to be the prevailing strategy from what I've seen. Every once in a while I'll see 3 top and 2 bot, but I haven't seen anything else. Is 4 top, 1 bot going to be the accepted strategy from now on?

On a side note, most of my teams think that our Heimer should be the solo bot, but I kind of feel that it wastes his potential to stick him in the solo lane. Thoughts?

Aura

09-26-2011

2 easy caps, then you have to fight for the 3rd. Makes sense to me.

Ruusaan

09-26-2011

I waiting for 4 top to become 'standard,' only to watch some team that reverses the number, defends against a top assault to their mid, and backdoors them to top.

lawlz will ensue.

theuberwar

09-26-2011

Its what i've been doing. I usually go bot with singed and just hold the point. Even if they send two bot i can usually just fling/pool and kite them around long enough for the tower to kill at least one of them and buy time for a teammate to show up if needed. Strong defenders work really well with that strategy.

Eladis

09-26-2011

4 top 1 bot works well, I don't know if it the best thing, but you really do lose top if other team does it and you don't.

On the note about hiemer, yes he should take solo bot since he needs to get levels so he can be a great defender.

LawlerBrawler

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruusaan View Post
I waiting for 4 top to become 'standard,' only to watch some team that reverses the number, defends against a top assault to their mid, and backdoors them to top.

lawlz will ensue.
I've thought about this, but you're essentially handing your opponents a 3 cap initially, which might not seem like a big deal, but when you get those 15 point games, it could be a big deal.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Windmill is first point of contention. A good defender like Heimer makes bot pushes almost impossible with your average 2 champions. A swing defender can prevent ninja-capping of the northern of the two starting CP's.

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

i rather have 3 top 2 bot unless im sure that the 1 bot can take cared of himself. i had a mord that insisted on taking bot along, but he failed so bad that he lost the point soon after and blamed us later. surprisingly, the match after, a jarvan asked for bot alone, i was annoyed by the last mord but i still said ok. the jarvan took on 2v1 from the start and killed them all, then they asked their tryn to help and he still took them all on by himself and managed to kill them all also. i was very impressed lol

i think he just trapped them all under the turrent, knocked them all up, and used shield with his garrison to kill them. he told us he never left the point

Slymerz

09-26-2011

in short YES 4 Top & 1 Bot. also you can move heimer around to defend an area. you don't need to stick to a certain area.

seeing the people's response who CAN'T ADAPT by sending 1 bot AFTER you take the 1st Top tower closest to your base. is really why teams get off to bad starts by having 2 bot at the start and next thing you know you lose the very Top and your base top areas

alataria

09-26-2011

4 top 1 bot turns into 1 top 4 bot followed by a loss in all my experiences with the strat.