Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lulcatmanor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

yorick is pretty decent at defending bot tower

Pyrranha

09-27-2011

Janna is too high imo. She's very, very bad at attacking towers, and her defending abilities are not on par with, say, Riven or Shaco as the list claims. I'd drop her to 1/3/5; I don't feel she's as good as you claim.

On a side note, there is no champion with a 1 in offense or defense at the time of this writing, which causes the scale to be a bit skewed. I'd re-evaluate some champs' ability to push or defend a tower.

Hardcore Soup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

I say again. Anivia's wall is probably the best for utility, being able to block off an entire lane is stupid strong. Her AoE stun is also extremely useful as it's long range; shoot it over walls and it's almost a guaranteed hit. Her ult can also disrupt any amount of people capping a tower. She is definitely tier 1 material.

KhaaaaaanX

09-27-2011

Quote:
Absolutely. I'd say Ryze is one of the strongest casters, being a tank mage with fairly unique itemization. Keep in mind that my list is not designed to reflect who would win in a 1v1 situation. So many different factors go into that question to the point where it really might be irrelevant. I have Ryze as Tier 3 right now primarily because his mobility is pretty lacking, and a part of me does want to bump him up to Tier 2. I would have to adjust a few other champions though if I am to give him a 4/5/2 classification, which actually is quite reasonable.

Overall though, utility (mobility, map control, global presence) are things that make champions like Akali strong. I personally want to drop Akali down a tier due to her vulnerability to Hextech Sweeper and Lightbringer, but I think most people would disagree. Perhaps time will be a better indicator of how strong these champions actually play out in your average team comp.
I appreciate your feedback on ryze. I havent seen a caster out do him yet. As far as the 1v1 thing, please keep in mind that its 1v2, and even 1v3 sometimes. Ryze's AoE ult allows him to do this. He is as slow as a snail on a turtles back, but the speed buffs and ghost really help him get around.

cgo02

09-27-2011

nice

Piano Kitten

09-27-2011

After everyone's feedback, I'm definitely considering moving Anivia up to T1. I do not deny that she is a nightmare on both attack and defense - the reason I have her T2 is because she lacks mobility. Wall is factored into Attack/Defense rather than Utility, because it is part of the reason why she is so strong in those areas. I do not want to double dip by awarding an extra utility point for something already accounted for.

On a side note, I'm trying to convince my friend to pick up Anivia again. He mains Anivia in SR and somehow doesn't see her frabjousness in Dominion :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrranha View Post
Janna is too high imo. She's very, very bad at attacking towers, and her defending abilities are not on par with, say, Riven or Shaco as the list claims. I'd drop her to 1/3/5; I don't feel she's as good as you claim.

On a side note, there is no champion with a 1 in offense or defense at the time of this writing, which causes the scale to be a bit skewed. I'd re-evaluate some champs' ability to push or defend a tower.
I think Janna is one of the more underrated champions in Dominion. She can forego the support path since she will have the "farm" to build heavy AP. Having to deal with tornados while defending is just a nightmare, since you can't dodge them all. Also, don't overlook her ult - if used effectively, it stops a push cold, or removes the enemy's advantage of fighting underneath a turret.

As to the point that I tend not to give out any 1's: I do give out 1's in Utility, because some champions just don't contribute much other than QWER. I can't think of any champion off the top of my head who absolute can do nothing offensively or defensive except stand there, which is why I do not have 1's doled out for those stats.

Lusty Xenomorph

Recruiter

09-27-2011

But the game has only been out for a day :<

TaylorSwiftIsHot

09-27-2011

I also fail to see how Heimer is t1 material.

Sure, you can give him a 5 for D but his offense is lackluster at best.
I'd drop him to 2/5/4 and out of T1.

Raedien

09-27-2011

Alistar has been absolutely wonderful for me, just sayin'. Double Knock is extremely good for defending/disrupting.

Piano Kitten

09-27-2011

Heimer's Blind + 900 range Micro-Rockets = Really strong poke. A Heimer with high AP is nothing to be scoffed at, since you'll often have 2-3 champions defending a turret without that much room to move in.

Turrets can also be placed within tower range to draw fire for a few seconds. Couple that with Garrison and you have a recipe for initiation.