Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I'm now convinced that it isn't possible to statistically analyze every character with a human mind. It just can't be done. Why? Because I read what some others said about Nasus, figured I'd copy down their builds and runes and give it a shot..

I'm 12-3 win loss. It's absolutely broken, Nasus on bot. He is 100% tier one. I've actually never lost, if we are just talking about me vs the other bot. I've only lost when my team is just bad and cant handle top or we picked badly etc.

Hes a 5 in defense(You just spam Spirit Fire on creep waves over and over, make sure the edge of it hits the enemy and never run out of mana because of the free chalice passive from the map. Free 600 health and aoe damage from ult which also gives you tons more damage, up to 300 bonus, and you have lifesteal, and you build tanky, and E makes it so they cant cap for the whole duration. I tested it, it interrupts them per tick not just initial attack. Toss in promote for icing on the cake..) and a 5 in utility (40 armor reduction, Wither is absolute death, nobody gets away once withered, nobody. The first thing you get is max cdr so you chain wither over and over. Its broken. No autoattacker can fight you, you are tanky so Akali cant kill you, you just rape EVERYONE... It takes 3 champions to kill Nasus on a turret. And to put it simply they cant afford to send 3 champions at you, so they have two options.

1. Provide the necessary champions to dive you and lose top or their mid tower.

2. Put their best champ bot vs you just to hold your ass back. (for about 2 minutes, then they will need to 2v1 you, and lose top and mid anyway.

I'm not talking out of my ass here. 12-3 Isn't a fluke and I'll continue to play Nasus bot until I get numbers that satisfy whoever thinks it is.

If this was off so badly, who's to say all the other champs aren't in the wrong place as well? I'm not trying to offend you, its just that its not possible (In my opinion) to make a truly accurate tier list from the perspective of one person. One man can't play every champion every different which way, it just cant be done. The best thing I could imagine would be a community tier list where you vote +1 -1 etc.. but even then we would have bias and generally people not knowing as much, just like in this situation with Nasus being bottom tier. Hell, I didn't know until I read that guys post, etc. I really don't know what would work, but I guarantee you this. Nasus is the best bot lane defender. Heh, the only bad thing about it is that I score lowest almost every game and if we lose, I'm to blame, of course. For doing nothing(except defending 1v2 and sometimes 1v3 for most of the game)

I'm not so good at writing, but hopefully this will get the point across.

Edit: 14-3
I'll give this a shot. It is quite an ambitious task to correctly classify every champion in their "optimal" playstyle, but that is why this is a community project as well. If you look at the boundary between tiers, they are very very close. Some may argue that this shows that tier lists are trivial - and this is perhaps valid. It is difficult to fully quantify one's effectiveness through the course of a long game, and that is why I am even hesitant to use my own game experience too much in formulating this list.

brb getting sued

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb getting sued View Post
how is kennen a 5 in defence

and how is yorick only a 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifanlol View Post
Kennen's ult works wonders when there is a limited area to move in. I may flop his A/D values since Kennen is probably going to be more useful on swing offense. Tier positioning probably won't change.
Quote:
Tier I (12+):
Yorick+ (4/5/3)

Tier 2 (11):
Kennen (3/5/3)
huehuehuehuehue

TakinTheHeat

10-13-2011

Quote:
I'll give this a shot. It is quite an ambitious task to correctly classify every champion in their "optimal" playstyle, but that is why this is a community project as well. If you look at the boundary between tiers, they are very very close. Some may argue that this shows that tier lists are trivial - and this is perhaps valid. It is difficult to fully quantify one's effectiveness through the course of a long game, and that is why I am even hesitant to use my own game experience too much in formulating this list.
9/0/21
Get 20% cdr from runes and masteries, rest doesn't matter but Armor pen reds and mana regen per level seals help.

Rush a frozen heart. Start with the armor and mana crystal, then get a fon, then triforce. Merc treads every time.

Max E then W or Q depending on whether you can get in range to get last hits on Q or not. It doesn't matter so much though, if you get farm on Q or not. The damage will come from just sticking to people with wither and your ult.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
9/0/21
Get 20% cdr from runes and masteries, rest doesn't matter but Armor pen reds and mana regen per level seals help.

Rush a frozen heart. Start with the armor and mana crystal, then get a fon, then triforce. Merc treads every time.

Max E then W or Q depending on whether you can get in range to get last hits on Q or not. It doesn't matter so much though, if you get farm on Q or not. The damage will come from just sticking to people with wither and your ult.
Sounds like that playstyle would get most benefit from 1/14/15

TakinTheHeat

10-13-2011

Quote:
Sounds like that playstyle would get most benefit from 1/14/15
Well, if I did that I'd miss out on some very valuable magic pen (ult and spirit fire is about 60% of damage I deal, sadly) and having promote and ghost up 15% faster is nice, and 9% cdr that would be really hard to itemize for.

FetisPuncher

10-14-2011

I'll admit, after playing Nasus bot lane - the dude is pretty f'ing strong.

MinuCelsius

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
I'll admit, after playing Nasus bot lane - the dude is pretty f'ing strong.
I'm like 30-3 playing AD carries bot. I think the real thing is getting to play bot. I've been playing Ashe (mainly), Vayne, Ezreal, and Corki. BTW, I think Corki and Ashe are underrated and Vayne is overrated on the tier list. I can see why Vayne is rated highly, but Ashe pretty much strictly has more tricks with the ability to check bushes, scout side mid, longer ranged poke, more team impact, and an ult that changes any battle. Vayne is more like a 1v1 or flanking champ, but that's not what an AD carry should be doing.

Hobocop

10-14-2011

Probably because being down bot is relatively safe since you're usually only facing 1 enemy champ, and this lets you push and farm minions. You end up having a pretty decent gold advantage over everyone else.

RobertFreeman

10-14-2011

I'm a big fan of Maokai and Cho'Gath.

Defensively, Maokai's usefulness is pretty obvious. But I think you have him underrrated offensively (and perhaps in utility). Offensively, he can lay siege with saplings, and dive when necessary thanks to his ult. He might not be too bursty, but he can take a turret 1v2 if he takes his time, and with an ally -- particularly, with a supercarry -- he gets to be pretty hard to stop. I want to be able to say that he can stack saplings on speed shrines... but, you know, 35 seconds. Yeah.

Cho'Gath is a similarly powerful siege-holder. They need to constantly be moving away from your q, and out of your w range. If the enemy slips up on Q, you hit them with W, perhaps flash in, and feast. You might not kill him, but if he doesn't b. you will. Build AP, CDR, and a little tanky (Start with Rylai's, get RoA if they don't have percent damage, Deathcap somewhere, GS/FH and GA as needed, Abyssal, maybe Odyn's). Use your ult on the big minions generously. Middle buff isn't that sweet, but if you can get 6 stacks, go for it anyway.

Luninareph

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFreeman View Post
But I think you have him underrrated offensively (and perhaps in utility). Offensively, he can lay siege with saplings, and dive when necessary thanks to his ult. He might not be too bursty, but he can take a turret 1v2 if he takes his time, and with an ally -- particularly, with a supercarry -- he gets to be pretty hard to stop.
That sounds very similar to what I do with Galio, and I was campaigning for Galio to get moved to a 3 in offense, which felt right for that strength of capping. Maokai already has a 3 in offense; IMO, he's right where he should be.