Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodOfSummon

09-26-2011

Oh. And Poppy is pure AP with Lich Bane. I almost always have the most points in the game with AP Poppy. Even if I lose.

Spiritoffire

09-26-2011

Also on side note, Sona

Attack, fairly good at supporting an attack wave with dmg speed and some heals, but cannot pressure alone, dies very easy to any kind of melee bruiser champs with any form of cc/slow/etc.
Defence, can poke but...very squishy champ dies really easy to and kind of pressure especially if caught alone.
Utility, very good support to other champions, dmg buff, speed buff, and healing as well as cone aoe stun if place at right time can turn the tide of a fight and fairly mobile.

2/1/5

I also agree with your thoughts on caitlyn, she is very good dmg wise, can poke easy but if caught dies very easy to any kind of cc/slow/etc melee pressure.

Hardcore Soup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Anivia should be 4/5/5

She can basically block off an entire lane. With some health, she is one of the best defenders.
Her attack won't be as high as Talon, but she will dominate one person that comes, probably 2 people.

Her wall has the highest utility out of any spell in the game.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
How are Master Yi, Trundle and Renekton, super mobile melee who excel in single combat fights "Lowest tier" and Maoki, who have pretty much no place on the map tier 2?
Master Yi's strengths on SR include being able to jungle effectively, provide powerful ganks, and push down turrets quickly. None of these are a dominating aspect in Crystal Scar. He is definitely fast and gets a high utility score as a result, but in order to solve the problem of squishiness, you would have to forego a lot of what makes him an excellent duelist.

Renekton feels like he should be stronger than what was immediately given to him, which is why he has two asterisks next to him. I'll sort out these abnormalities.

Trundle doesn't have consistent point defense, but I give him a large amount of credit for being able to Raise Depot

Maokai is a defensive juggernaut and pokes extremely well. You'll find that a lot of tanks who had difficulty getting farm in SR are incredibly powerful in Dominion.

Pyrranha

09-26-2011

On the topic of Vlad, Yorick, and Skarner.

Vlad is lackluster. His ult has minimal use, since fights are small and it doesn't deal damage until the duration ends, making it bad at defending towers. On the other hand, his pool and tides are great at interrupting captures. Offensively, it's pretty well-known that his full rotation is relatively low on damage. I'd rate him 3/3/2 overall.

Yorick is powerful, his ghouls are very strong and disruptive both offensively and defensively. I have yet to play him but the ghouls are amazing, I'd give him a 4/4/3 rating basing on observation alone.

Skarner is fairly weak damage-wise, but his Q and E are both area damage, and can sustain him as well. His ultimate is brutal given that most fights are small, and his W can accelerate him towards points of interest. I'd give him a very tentative 2/3/4, but that may be a bit on the low side.

KhaaaaaanX

09-26-2011

+1 for ryze being bumped up.

Hes the only mage that can itemize to tank without sacrificing damage, that should weigh heavily.

Champs I've 1v1'd at level 16-18 with ryze

Jax
Akali
Nocturne
Rammus
Udyr
Wukong
Chogath
Gangplank
Master Yi
Sion (AD, with his ult popped)

The list goes on, some of those are on your tier 1 list and can be whomped by a tier 3 champ? sounds like the tier 3 champ isnt really tier 3. These are mostly AD bruisers, but Ryze is awesome against AP too because he can build merc treads and the new banshee's veil without sacrificing any damage.

Flash the God

09-27-2011

Annie is definitely not low in offense, are you serious?
Take garrison on annie and she can literally rip apart an entire team right under their turret, I don't understand how that's a 2-3 in offense....

Piano Kitten

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaaaaaanX View Post
+1 for ryze being bumped up.

Hes the only mage that can itemize to tank without sacrificing damage, that should weigh heavily.

Champs I've 1v1'd at level 16-18 with ryze

Jax
Akali
Nocturne
Rammus
Udyr
Wukong
Chogath
Gangplank
Master Yi
Sion (AD, with his ult popped)

The list goes on, some of those are on your tier 1 list and can be whomped by a tier 3 champ? sounds like the tier 3 champ isnt really tier 3. These are mostly AD bruisers, but Ryze is awesome against AP too because he can build merc treads and the new banshee's veil without sacrificing any damage.
Absolutely. I'd say Ryze is one of the strongest casters, being a tank mage with fairly unique itemization. Keep in mind that my list is not designed to reflect who would win in a 1v1 situation. So many different factors go into that question to the point where it really might be irrelevant. I have Ryze as Tier 3 right now primarily because his mobility is pretty lacking, and a part of me does want to bump him up to Tier 2. I would have to adjust a few other champions though if I am to give him a 4/5/2 classification, which actually is quite reasonable.

Overall though, utility (mobility, map control, global presence) are things that make champions like Akali strong. I personally want to drop Akali down a tier due to her vulnerability to Hextech Sweeper and Lightbringer, but I think most people would disagree. Perhaps time will be a better indicator of how strong these champions actually play out in your average team comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash the God View Post
Annie is definitely not low in offense, are you serious?
Take garrison on annie and she can literally rip apart an entire team right under their turret, I don't understand how that's a 2-3 in offense....
The score I assign to a champion does not necessarily reflect the amount of damage dealt through a rotation. Consider also the opportunity associated with using the ability - in a 3v3 push, Annie may be able to make full use of her ult. Or she may be CC'ed and burst down. I dislike basing champions' strengths upon long CD ultimates, so over the course of an entire game, I think giving Annie only a 3 is fair - especially compared to how a lot of other casters are ranked.

TaylorSwiftIsHot

09-27-2011

Kass isnt that bad a defender.
He should be 4-4-4; move him to T1.
I run Kass w/ exhaust/flash and dominate every game >.>

Xalthorn

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSwiftIsHot View Post
Kass isnt that bad a defender.
He should be 4-4-4; move him to T1.
I run Kass w/ exhaust/flash and dominate every game >.>
I agree with kass being in t1, but he's not that good of a defender either... More fitting to see him placed 4/3/5 IMHO