Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raynac

09-26-2011

move ryze ? i usually come out in first place with him... that may be personal skill though

Penndragon86

09-26-2011

No way Leona is that low on the list. I've been playing her exclusively during beta and now. Try making her with Trinity Force and a more aggressive rune set with some cooldown reduction. She is much better in dominion because one of her weakest points in normal is she cannot farm items. She can put out some good damage in dominion.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Ryze is a great champion, especially on defense. He becomes tanky and puts out a huge amount of damage. His overall ranking suffers because of a lack of mobility.

I have LeBlanc in Tier 1 for a few reasons - first, she makes it very hard for otherwise potent defenders to do their job. The suite of silence and insane burst, even if does not immediately finish someone off, leaves them vulnerable for allies. Second, she is very mobile and can play an effective swing defense or offense - coupled with an ability to hold her own against most champions 1v1, she earns a higher Utility score than most AP. Finally, although this is a weaker point, it seems like AD heavy comps are more common, and mobile AP is comparatively stronger in terms of countering defensive items.

I've heard really good things about Leona, and have seen them do very well. I do not see how she solves mobility issues though, so conceivably, the highest I can move her is 3/5/1.

Xalthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Should bump corki's defense and utility up 1 point a piece. he's got pretty good mobility and rockets work extremely well for interrupts.

Killrazor

09-26-2011

tier lists are junk. Unless you do a tier list for each role. This one is as useless as all the others.

Piano Kitten

09-26-2011

Why would I make a tier list for each role when they often blend into one another within the same game? Unless you want a defender to sit at a CP for the whole game, why would you even suggest that?

A2ZOMG

09-26-2011

For the most part I think your tier list is pretty on point, but I question your placing of Tryndamere in the top. He's atrociously bad in teamfights and terrible at harassing. He can only punish mistakes hard, usually in 1v1 situations, and the open-ended map style of Dominion as well as the changes to turrets aren't doing him any favors for his survivability.

In summoners rift, the usual pattern for Tryn is get in, pop ultimate, hope you kill someone, then spin slash out to the nearest turret and heal. Turrets in Dominion are far less threatening than those in Summoners Rift due to how quickly they can be disabled. So once his turret is suppressed, what's stopping teammates from jumping in on him with CC?

That's most of what I wanted to say. Oh and Vlad is also pretty obnoxiously good at defending points. Pool covers the entire turret, stops captures cold, keeps people in range to get raped by the turret, and makes Vlad hard to focus.

Hobocop

09-26-2011

Cho'gath could probably qualify for tier 2 or even 1 when built tanky AP with attack speed. I don't think anyone else in the game can clear minion waves as fast as he can built this way without being dependent on cooldowns. Plus, Vorpal Spikes will interrupt the channels of any enemies hit by the AoE.

thebeanmachine

09-26-2011

I have seen some great play out of both KogMaws and Master Yis, as well as a Malphite that completely dominated a game in under 10 min.

Foshoyo

09-26-2011

I agree heavily with what you have so far, and i would make only a few minor tweaks, BUT the lack of warwick is disturbing. He is very very strong on dominion, and in my opinion deserves to be tier 2 minimum because he acts as a hard counter to some of the more prominent champs like jax and akali.