Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kibster

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
Get Hextech Gunblade and Warmogs on Morde and he is an immovable object, he pushes insanely fast and has high sustain with double heal. He is easily tier 2 worthy. Only champ I couldn't deal with so far is Jax, but Jax wins pretty much any 1v1.
I haven't tried warmog's on anyone yet because I'm worried it will stack to slowly. You've had a different experience?

Xalthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Amumu's defense score should probably be 5. he's one of the more difficult champions to pull off a tower.

mackster2289

09-26-2011

I think you left Warwick off the list. I tried him out, he's reasonably effective. His ult is great for stopping a capture since they're forced to take tower hits. Blood Scent isn't as useful as I thought it would be since most fights end with the champ dying, at least in my experience.

Pieromancery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

I feel like this system is somewhat flawed, because you're basically categorising champions into how good they are on Dominion, but they're all sorted by overall strength, so the best on your list are good at everything. However, you wouldn't necessarily want that, as somebody brilliant at defending but not the best attacker would still be very valuable to have.

For example, Veigar is surprisingly good on Dominion; his AoE stun is big range, big area and makes him incredibly good for defending, his burst can easily take down one champion instantly, especially valuable in the smaller skirmishes of dominion, but because he lacks utility, he's placed in the bottom tier. I'd recommend you try playing him in a game, he's capable of a lot more than what you think.

Wesu

09-26-2011

Great metric for this. My suggestion for Zilean would be: 3/2/5

Aeolis

09-26-2011

LBC's position in t1 is undeserved.

Piano Kitten

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieromancery View Post
I feel like this system is somewhat flawed, because you're basically categorising champions into how good they are on Dominion, but they're all sorted by overall strength, so the best on your list are good at everything. However, you wouldn't necessarily want that, as somebody brilliant at defending but not the best attacker would still be very valuable to have.

For example, Veigar is surprisingly good on Dominion; his AoE stun is big range, big area and makes him incredibly good for defending, his burst can easily take down one champion instantly, especially valuable in the smaller skirmishes of dominion, but because he lacks utility, he's placed in the bottom tier. I'd recommend you try playing him in a game, he's capable of a lot more than what you think.
You bring up a very valid point, but I think this works for a few reasons. First, the average game of Dominion requires shifts in roles as the game progresses - even the best defender cannot sit at a CP indefinitely. For this reason, champions should be considered for their ability to contribute on the fly, and it makes sense that champions who can adopt different roles should be classified higher on the tier list.

As for Veigar, I give him a 3 on Attack because as you said, he can easily blow up an enemy AP. But because the effectiveness of his Baleful Strike is reduced, his iconic Q-farming isn't so great anymore. I don't think this makes him bad, because Dark Matter + Ult is nothing to be laughed at. Having this said though, I hesitate to increase his A/D scores any more. Squishiness + Lack of mobility generally are weaknesses on this map.

CaptHarlock

09-26-2011

I think the way you are arbitrarily rating these champs in terms of effectiveness is really skewed. I mean honestly, you gave amumu and nasus 3's for defense (the same as akali) even though their point defense are WAY better than akali.

The best way you can think of defense is "if they have a good, sustainable AoE, they should be 4-5 in defense."

Also, you need to take into consideration pushing capabilities since that's actually really important for capping/attacking. Having 2-3 creep waves push a node is like having 2 champs cap the node at once.

KimKelley

09-26-2011

Akali is pretty dependent on her shroud, imo. Something easily negated by the several items which make someone always visible. I agree she has high attack but she's not really capable of her usual tricks in this mode because of the ability to choose gear that ALSO provides stealth side. (i.e. No one needs to choose oracle or gear)

Maokai should be high on any list due to an insane ability to defend a turret and keep a lane pushed.

Leblanc. Very good nuker. Not so good at taking tower hits. In fact terribad. Which makes her of limited use unless ganking the jungle. Additionally, the prevalance of gap closer or tank characters (xin zhao, rammus, etc) puts her at a disadvantage. She excells at ganks. There aren't a ton of ganks going on in dominion.

A problem I have with your system is that it does not take into account characters which have high lifesteal and high damage which is fairly useful on dominion due to the smaller skirmishes. A related point is that you should also take into consideration alternative builds which are more viable on Dominion than the other maps when determining the A/D/U numbers. (e.g. AS/AP Sion performs at a higher level than AP sion in this Mode)

I don't agree with Riven but that may only be because I have yet to see one perform well in any game mode.

Anivia's speed is an issue in this mode. Again the ugly issue of tanks and gap closers raises it's ugly head. She's just not mobile enough (like ez) for me to think she ranks so high.

Twitch...place in a high tier. High attack, great mobility, great roaming, great sight provider, and really benefits from the lack of farming needed and makes the jungle or attempting to ninja a point a terror. Haven't seen a game yet where the twitch player wasn't #1 in kills AND #1 in points captured.

SailorLu

09-26-2011

Disagree with the person above me about Leblanc. I have take xin zaos under their turret without taking a hit.

She can nuke even the tanky dps people are QQing about. If a Leblanc is bad then yea they'll take tower hits, but I play her as the sniper assassin very well in those games.