Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furt fantastic View Post
I don't quite agree that a pretty good aoe slow with an 18 sec cooldown, and a global ult with a 183-123 second cooldown nets Karthus tier 5 Utility
Karthus isn't T1 because of his ult. Think about it.

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifanlol View Post
Karthus isn't T1 because of his ult. Think about it.
dat passive amirite?

Sammm

09-27-2011

The world in which karthus has a "5" for defense is a strange place.

afkbotextreme

09-27-2011

Annie Low Tier... You're kidding right. It's Annie.

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammm View Post
The world in which karthus has a "5" for defense is a strange place.
do you even know what his abilities are beyond his R?

if you did you would understand

his E is the size of the point meaning he just walks around the turret and no one can cap along with the whole living another 8 seconds

afkbotextreme

09-27-2011

Also to add to me "Annie low tier' comment.

She has aoe, burst, and stun... What more do you want from a Caster? She can assault a tower like a boss or defend against 2-3 people.

Also, why is Swain tier 4? He can defend tower extremely well with slow/snare and life stealing aoe. Try and capture his tower, I dare you. Great at solo top holding while your team roams or reinforces.

It seems people are giving assassins to much credit in Dominion in general. Those tanky casters can hold towers like no ones business. Why don't they get the credit they deserve?

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

I love Swain, he is my main in SR. He has a 4 on Defense because he is an amazing defender. Like Brand, Cassiopeia, and Annie. They are strong Defensively, and I have accounted for that. As a matter of fact, they are also strong offensively. But you cannot count on games in which all you can do is cater to the strengths of your champion. Sometimes you have to assist in a fight that is far away. Sometimes you have to push and try to re-establish yourself on a CP closer to the enemy respawn point.

The fluid nature of the game is why I penalize characters who are very strong on CP defense/offense, but cannot quickly adjust to the pace of the action. Just because a champion appears lower on my tier list does not mean that they are not exceptional defenders or attackers.

AnonTwo

09-27-2011

You put Veigar in low tier.

Your tier list is automatically invalidated. Veigar is EASILY a top tier,and counter picks Heimer so hard it's not funny.He can outrange the turret,harass easily,and Event Horizon + Garison is the strongest garrison combo in the game.

For the record,Veigar should be under defender. He can defend a node and push bottom lane easily.

EDIT:also,i looked at your score for him,good to see he's a good defender...but 1 utility? Why? Again i bring up: Event Horizon, it's much stronger than Heimer's blind/stun,and easier to assure the stun with. The stun is also much longer and Dominion solves the cooldown problems faster. Event Horizon has the best synergy with garrison in the game to boot,so your Veigar will always have it available.

He also has the utility of killing minions faster than most champs with a short CD dark matter,pushing a lane faster than Heimer and capping an undefended turret easily in doing so.

I guess i just don't see how Heimer is tier 1,when Veigar can trump him in many of the things he's good in. Even tier 2 would be better than where Veigar is now.

KommunistKevin

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by afkbotextreme View Post
Also to add to me "Annie low tier' comment.

She has aoe, burst, and stun... What more do you want from a Caster? She can assault a tower like a boss or defend against 2-3 people.

Also, why is Swain tier 4? He can defend tower extremely well with slow/snare and life stealing aoe. Try and capture his tower, I dare you. Great at solo top holding while your team roams or reinforces.

It seems people are giving assassins to much credit in Dominion in general. Those tanky casters can hold towers like no ones business. Why don't they get the credit they deserve?
Shes extremely vulnerable to ganks, gank her while stun down = instant death, shes completely helpless without her tibbers up

Piano Kitten

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
You put Veigar in low tier.

Your tier list is automatically invalidated. Veigar is EASILY a top tier,and counter picks Heimer so hard it's not funny.He can outrange the turret,harass easily,and Event Horizon + Garison is the strongest garrison combo in the game.

For the record,Veigar should be under defender. He can defend a node and push bottom lane easily.
I forgot to move Veigar up to T4, but I agree, he is a great defender. He now has a Defense score of 5. Notice that I account for the individual strengths of champions in different roles, but evaluate them holistically. Veigar being low tier does not mean he is not a strong defender, it reflects his lack of flexibility and mobility.

EDIT: I just read your edit, haha. The reason why Heimer is top tier while Veigar isn't, is because of Heimer's ability to play swing defense. Now I'm sure most of us are used to seeing a Heimer bunker down on top of a CP and just hold it. I give him a high utility score because he can leave two turrets behind on separate CP's, then follow his team around while still being very useful with the the poke from his micro-rockets. There are champions who proficiently perform different roles throughout the game, but Heimer can do multiple at the same time, buying valuable time for the rest of the team to accomplish its objectives.