Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l3ssthan3

09-27-2011

Kayle is tier 1. If you're not banning Kayle, you better be playing her.

HidingOverHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

i get the feeling rammus shud be more of a 5/4/5 he is amazing at tanking turrets and assaulting an enemy position as well as bdooring

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingOverHere View Post
i get the feeling rammus shud be more of a 5/4/5 he is amazing at tanking turrets and assaulting an enemy position as well as bdooring
he lacks the offensive ability to solo an assault

yes his backdooring is pro

but his kit works much better as such and for defense

GwynApNudd

09-27-2011

I think you've got Poppy's def score too high. I think she's a very good offensive player on Dominion, but anyone smart enough to push a minion wave up to her is going to be able to cap a point she's defending, she kills minions too slowly to stop them. I could solo cap a point that poppy is guarding with Maokai, if his attack score is 3, seems 4 might be too high for her defense.

I'd also argue that Rammus should have a 5 in defense, as very few champs will do better at staving off a group of enemies as Rammus with a tower.

Your Nasus scores are very low for a champ that scales very nicely at later levels with tanky gear. Q farming or no, he effectively counters AD champs, is hard to move off a point, and does significant damage while ulting. I won't argue with your utility score, cause I guess he doesn't offer any of your sort of utility, but he's easily a 4/4/whatever.

I suspect your trundle numbers are low, but I haven't tried him out yet. He's certainly dangerous roaming, good at fighting under an enemy tower, probably not so great on defense, offense and utility seem higher, based on the trundle play I've seen.

I'm not sure your Akali numbers are quite right. She's ok, but I honestly see her as significantly less threatening in dominion that SR, as she doesn't out snowball people, and her insane early damage advantage quickly disappears. She is now easily counterable with the lightbringer and hextech sweeper, as she'll lose in a non-stealthed fight to a lot of the popular champs. I'm not saying she's not good, but teir 1 seems too high.

Percilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Cait should be top tier 2 or tier 1. She has traps to lay all around in order to halt pushes on points, or stop them running in circles. Longest range in the game, with lightbringer no stealth can get away safely. She is extremely weak early but she is super powerful by minute 6. Traps traps, slows, long range and massive burst..did i mention traps? (same reason nidalee is super useful)

Stez007

09-27-2011

Sivir should be higher IMO, for the following reasons.

1) Boomerang Blade at level 2 is ridiculously powerful, especially since its mana cost is virtually negated by the Dominion mana regen buff. Right off the bat Sivir can take a tank to half health with one BB and easily secure top for her team. Or, she can push bot very hard and force the enemy team to send a second defender, right out of the gate.

2) Spell Shield is incredibly strong in those early fights for the same reason. With these two skills at levels 2 and 1 respectively, Sivir has arguably the strongest early game of any champion.

3) On the Hunt and Ricochet synergize extremely well with Promote. Sivir can capture a point without even channeling or while channeling for a miniscule amount of time. She can even take a massively stacked lane and turn it on its end in mere seconds.

4) Ricochet and BB are excellent for interrupting channels. Sivir can keep several enemies at bay--especially if she has a full build--and prevent them from capping a turret long enough for her team to swoop in and save the day.

5) On the Hunt's speed boost lasts a while. 15 seconds in Summoner's Rift is mediocre considering OtH's long cooldown and the shifting nature of teamfights on that map. On Crystal Scar, however, 15 seconds of +25% speed to self and allies is incredible, regardless of the cooldown. OtH can be a lifesaver if used to bring your team from your rez pad to a heavily threatened turret, or it can be the wave your team rides to an ace and triple-cap. The attack speed boost, as mentioned, synergizes very well with Promote as well, making OtH a powerful capping tool in its own right.

So far I've played 6 games with Sivir, and in all but one I've been top of my team in score, kills, assists, caps, cap assists, neutralizations and damage dealt, with damage dealt usually being around double what my teammates and enemies put out. And I'm still experimenting with builds.

ItsGoTime

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
Sivir should be higher IMO, for the following reasons.

1) Boomerang Blade at level 2 is ridiculously powerful, especially since its mana cost is virtually negated by the Dominion mana regen buff. Right off the bat Sivir can take a tank to half health with one BB and easily secure top for her team. Or, she can push bot very hard and force the enemy team to send a second defender, right out of the gate.

2) Spell Shield is incredibly strong in those early fights for the same reason. With these two skills at levels 2 and 1 respectively, Sivir has arguably the strongest early game of any champion.

3) On the Hunt and Ricochet synergize extremely well with Promote. Sivir can capture a point without even channeling or while channeling for a miniscule amount of time. She can even take a massively stacked lane and turn it on its end in mere seconds.

4) Ricochet and BB are excellent for interrupting channels. Sivir can keep several enemies at bay--especially if she has a full build--and prevent them from capping a turret long enough for her team to swoop in and save the day.

5) On the Hunt's speed boost lasts a while. 15 seconds in Summoner's Rift is mediocre considering OtH's long cooldown and the shifting nature of teamfights on that map. On Crystal Scar, however, 15 seconds of +25% speed to self and allies is incredible, regardless of the cooldown. OtH can be a lifesaver if used to bring your team from your rez pad to a heavily threatened turret, or it can be the wave your team rides to an ace and triple-cap. The attack speed boost, as mentioned, synergizes very well with Promote as well, making OtH a powerful capping tool in its own right.

So far I've played 6 games with Sivir, and in all but one I've been top of my team in score, kills, assists, caps, cap assists, neutralizations and damage dealt, with damage dealt usually being around double what my teammates and enemies put out. And I'm still experimenting with builds.
I think you make some really really good points about how sivir can be very potent in Dominion. I think the biggest reason that she loses effectiveness is that she relies on two things that other champs higher up do not and those are play skill and team comp.

Player skill is always a complicated issue, but I feel like sivir on Dominion requires a very different mind and skill set then many other champions where as other champs can get around the same impact with less necessity for skill.

I also think that a sivir in a full team of bruisers and bursters will be out of place and ineffective verses a reasonable team. And I see much more of the former then the latter.

Furt fantastic

09-27-2011

I don't quite agree that a pretty good aoe slow with an 18 sec cooldown, and a global ult with a 183-123 second cooldown nets Karthus tier 5 Utility

Piano Kitten

09-27-2011

I personally want to move Akali off T1, because she is so vulnerable while everything is on cooldown, and is countered by Lightbringer/HS. The reason why I think Akali performs a bit better in CS than in SR is because she can control mid in a way most champions cannot. Being able to easily cut off reinforcements and mitigate the effectiveness of common backdoor champions is what really rounds out her effectiveness throughout the course of the game.

Nasus and Trundle have, at least in my limited ~70 games of experience, have been a bit underrepresented. I may reposition them soon, but my initial perception is that they are affected a bit more by CS changes negatively.

Suups

09-27-2011

Why is Teemo so low? I haven't played that much, but I play Teemo every game and as AP he makes defending points a snap. Take out 2-3 champs any time they attack you alone at a point, and of course great control of the middle with shrooms. Plus he's naturally fast.