Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nokturnalex

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
Malphite is more of a heavy AD auto attacker counter. With some cdr, his E and Frozen Heart / Randuin you'll literally slow them down to like 0.5 attackspeed.
yea fought a malphite who rushed frozen heart and got omen by the end, he shutdowns the fast attacking melee bruisers pretty hard

the main problem i see with making any kind of tier list for dominion is that it all depends on your team composition. It'd probably be easiest to divide them into categories from best to worst. Then you have to consider certain builds as well.

Like best to worst

Ranged CC-
AP Bruiser -
AD Bruiser-
Tank-
Support-
Roamer-
Defender-

Shini Laser

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
i will give you that one on one he is hell to deal with and he has great utility
with his slow you never get to him but compare him to say maokai and tell me that he is a better pick for offense or defense

that doesn't mean you can't wreck with him
I am just saying the Defensive score of a 2 sounds a tad low. 3 would be more reasonable, possibly a 4 because of the fact that a properly timed ult = make them have to wait 3 seconds just for you to revive and kill you again to prevent you from interrupting, allowing a lot of time for teammates to get there with a tanky build. :-P And haven't seen Maokai in action, though I imagine a CDR Maokai would definitely make me regret life. I think Mao would definitely be a great defender by putting up Sapplings in the pathways towards a point he is defending.

@Yiffen: Seen my request for reconsideration? :-P

Talorien

09-27-2011

Score shouldn't be "Attack + Defense + Utility"

Why?

Because it doesn't matter what Ali's score is in Attack or Utility. He's one of the top defenders and pushers (holding down either Quarry/Graveyard or Windmill).

His rating in Attack is irrelevant because he's one of the best in his role.

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
I am just saying the Defensive score of a 2 sounds a tad low. 3 would be more reasonable, possibly a 4 because of the fact that a properly timed ult = make them have to wait 3 seconds just for you to revive and kill you again to prevent you from interrupting, allowing a lot of time for teammates to get there with a tanky build. :-P And haven't seen Maokai in action, though I imagine a CDR Maokai would definitely make me regret life. I think Mao would definitely be a great defender by putting up Sapplings in the pathways towards a point he is defending.

@Yiffen: Seen my request for reconsideration? :-P
ok ill give you that he may deserve a three on defense... maybe

he is definitely tier three though maybe not the bottom of it... but... yeah

Shini Laser

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
ok ill give you that he may deserve a three on defense... maybe

he is definitely tier three though maybe not the bottom of it... but... yeah
Okay, well, we can agree to disagree. I just think people underestimate the power of Zilean. If it makes you feel better, the idea of a 3 for the attack power is iffy, since the majority of his use in combat (assaulting a point) is his ult and speed, not his damage (unless you build pure AP, which screws you over).

CustomCharacter

09-27-2011

If I may say, I don't think Annie deserves bottom tier. Annie's a pretty big champ-killer in Dominion if built right, and when defending a point or trying to cap a point guarded by only one champ, she's pretty good.

I've won all my games so far because I've done as such.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talorien View Post
Score shouldn't be "Attack + Defense + Utility"

Why?

Because it doesn't matter what Ali's score is in Attack or Utility. He's one of the top defenders and pushers (holding down either Quarry/Graveyard or Windmill).

His rating in Attack is irrelevant because he's one of the best in his role.
What you have to understand is that the composite score I provide is just that - composite. If you're going to stick someone on a point all game and just have them defend, that's your strategy, and if it works, it's fine. I don't think Alistar is the best defender because he can in fact get CC'd off the turret long enough for minions/champions to make progress on a cap. I consider the best defenders to be those who can swing defend multiple points.

But if you want a good defensive champion, pick one with a high defense score, not overall score. Simple!

twickykid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

I think you are missing 1 very crucial aspect of this game. Pushers. Champs that push a lane and down minions to keep pressure on a node.

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickykid View Post
I think you are missing 1 very crucial aspect of this game. Pushers. Champs that push a lane and down minions to keep pressure on a node.
pushers still fall under these ratings and im sure he took that into account

there are offensive pushers (yorick)

and defensive pushers (soraka)

HidingOverHere

09-27-2011

Try going ap master yi i find he works better