@ Riot...What is up with Matchmaking in Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rekka

01-19-2012

I just had 7 games today in Dom and all of them had people who have never played before. I have over 200 games in Dom and I am constantly being paired with teammates who have never played before and it is getting to be more than a nuisance.

You never found out who they are until the game starts and they NEVER ask for help, pointers / tips, so its not like I am unwilling to mentor a new player. They ALWAYS chase kills and these games ALWAYS end in a loss. Why must I be paired with ppl who have less than 150 games- that should be my choice if I am playing on a created team.

This is so frustrating. Not all of us have friends who are interested in this game enough to play with us every day, so I must pub. It is so tiresome to lose because of one person who had never played before and wants no help but yet has no clue as to what they are doing / or what to do in a situation.

Cauldrath

01-19-2012

Matchmaking is based on ELO. Yours happens to be low enough that people with zero Dom games have more than you, so you are matched with them, regardless of the number of games they've played. Whether you deserve that or not is a separate matter, but I'd advise trying to get a group together to try to dig your way out and wish you luck.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

blind pick? alot of SR people just come and play and ruins it for everyone

the ones that troll, and then say dominion sucks, its for kids...

Rekka

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Matchmaking is based on ELO. Yours happens to be low enough that people with zero Dom games have more than you, so you are matched with them, regardless of the number of games they've played. Whether you deserve that or not is a separate matter, but I'd advise trying to get a group together to try to dig your way out and wish you luck.
Ok, I wish I knew that earlier, so I could rank up and escape this ratty ELO hell. As it stands, I never play ranked, so that may explain it.

Thanks.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Wait.... Is dom MM based on SR ranked play Elo?

Narog

01-19-2012

the same happen to me full of people with a couple of matches i am 100/70
my theory is that the elo is based in the horrible score system that someone that losses bot and retake it will have high score

larkhill

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
Wait.... Is dom MM based on SR ranked play Elo?
no. dom has its own elo. its just hidden

brainlizard

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narog1 View Post
the same happen to me full of people with a couple of matches i am 100/70
my theory is that the elo is based in the horrible score system that someone that losses bot and retake it will have high score
You can track your elo with JabeBot and see it go up and down just like it does on SR (though it is tracked separately).

xGvPx

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
Except the problem is if you party queue normal your entire party ELO is ranked higher than it actually is, just because you're in a party, which means the players you play against will have higher ELO than normal. It's a very flawed system--people are penalized for being in a group.

I had a three-game stretch last night in which the first game we had a LVL 26 Ashe on our team (ugh), only sub-30 in the game. Then my next game Ashe was on other side, and my team won. Yay? Just not fair to even let a sub-30 play with 30s. Then three games in a row in which at least one of our players went AFK/left. Frustrating because whenever I see an ashe or soraka on my team I want to dodge queue, but you lose ELO for dodging queue...you lose ELO even if your team has an AFK/leaver...you lose ELO based on what other players on your team do, so what, really, is the point of ELO? I can "carry" my team every game and it doesn't matter. Shrugs.

I wish instead of ELO they had some sort of personal score based off of individual performance rather than wins/losses. I understand the argument--high ELO means you are carrying the team hardcore--but you can't carry constant 4v5s, especially in DOM. I mean, I've won 4v5s in Dom and SR, just saying, the odds are pretty ****.

EMeta

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGvPx View Post
Except the problem is if you party queue normal your entire party ELO is ranked higher than it actually is, just because you're in a party, which means the players you play against will have higher ELO than normal. It's a very flawed system--people are penalized for being in a group.

I had a three-game stretch last night in which the first game we had a LVL 26 Ashe on our team (ugh), only sub-30 in the game. Then my next game Ashe was on other side, and my team won. Yay? Just not fair to even let a sub-30 play with 30s. Then three games in a row in which at least one of our players went AFK/left. Frustrating because whenever I see an ashe or soraka on my team I want to dodge queue, but you lose ELO for dodging queue...you lose ELO even if your team has an AFK/leaver...you lose ELO based on what other players on your team do, so what, really, is the point of ELO? I can "carry" my team every game and it doesn't matter. Shrugs.

I wish instead of ELO they had some sort of personal score based off of individual performance rather than wins/losses. I understand the argument--high ELO means you are carrying the team hardcore--but you can't carry constant 4v5s, especially in DOM. I mean, I've won 4v5s in Dom and SR, just saying, the odds are pretty ****.
You would dodge Soraka? Soraka going bot is a beast, and helps top at the same time. There's no one I'd rather see on my team bot.

And the thing is, groups are much much more powerful than players who don't know each other.
A) They might be on vent or skype.
B) They have some idea of what each other will do. It's huge in dom when you respawn to already have a plan for who's going bot (if they need help), who's going top & who's going for the shield.

Do you really think these advantages shouldn't be handicapped for?