Best champions for Dominion and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hamai

01-20-2012

Rammus when well used to capture points at critical moments.

Others non-squishies can be good

If squishy and or mage best have some stun/slow/escape

Teamplay may be decisive, though. A smarter team will outplay the enemies most of the times.

Red Smurf27

01-20-2012

I play mostly draft so the champions I am always leery of and ban when I get the chance to are:

Poppy, Yorick, Shaco, Rammus

If those get banned, I move to my 2nd level of bans which includes:

Kassadin, Riven, Urgot

Riven less so than the other two because she isn't played as much. However, a well played Riven is outrageously good and I never like to see them on the other team.

I don't like playing against Talons either in that regard, but I would rather have a Talon on the other team than a Riven.

Urgot is a funny one though, I remember when I used to get laughed at a couple of months back because I would ban the crab. Now he seems to be a permaban at my elo.

I also think Warwick is a very good pick as well. Maybe not OP but can fit into almost any team comp. While his Q is just way too spammable on Dominion and his sustain is fantastic, the real terror of Warwick is his sight range. Any champs below 50% health and now you can see into the fog of war? This allows your other champs to chase and kill or you to see much of the map. Not to mention it is a super speed boost and allows you to chase (quickly) while your teammates cap.

I also hate Pantheon (I don't play him) but he isn't bannable....yet.

Other characters that are very good are Soraka, Cassiopeia, Malphite, Alistar, Singed, J4, Koggy, Ez, Eve, Twitch, Fizz, Nocturne, Jax, Akali, Ahri, Blitz, GP, Graves...

In interest of not naming off every champ that I think is viable I am now switching to the champs that I don't think are high in team utility. I have found that Dominion has a lot more viable champs than SR so the list of nonviable champs is smaller.

Non Viable (At least right now)
Garen (Damage output goes down significantly as the game goes on, becomes more of a nuisance than a good champ)
Miss Fortune (Damage output and usability is outclassed by almost every other ranged AD, choose Kog, Ashe, Graves, etc. if you are going ranged route)
Nunu (Needs serious team compatibility in order to work well)
Orianna (I think she is a great pick but I have yet to see her carry well on Dominion, other good choices)
Veigar (Can work but needs the right team, if counterpicked will get shutdown hard)
Viktor (Needs more....something, I'm not sure but the really good Viktors are few and far between)
Xin Zhao (I want him to be good, I really do, he was my main before they nerfed him to the ground. I have had very good games with him but very, very situational. He is on this list not because he is bad, but because he may be the last choice among the many champs that do his job better.)

TL DR:There are a ton of strong champs on Dominion.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

to be honest, the answer is no one

everyone is good in many ways, but can also go horribly wrong
it's not about team comp, but team work
play someone you are confident with, do not afraid to experiment and keep practising, eventually you will do well

lbgsloan

01-20-2012

Best Dominion picks usually have one or more of the following:
-Good mobility
-Good duelling power
-Good disruption and toughness
-Excels while in bottom lane

Weak Dominion picks are ones that don't stand out in any area, while great ones excel in multiple areas.

ex Kassadin
-Excellent mobility
-Assassin, stomps most AP champions 1v1
-Silence and slow, passive gives 15% extra magic resistance
-Sucks bottom lane, but great at ganking it
Top pick, usually banned.

ex2 Annie
-Poor mobility
-Lackluster damage when her ult is down
-Conditional stun
-Mediocre bottom laner
Annie is almost never picked in serious play.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2012

Morgana, Maokai, and AD Sion are my three main picks.

Ryze, obviously, though I have never played as him.

Poppy, Heimer, and Rammus, of course.

A Talon lurking in the bushes near a point is outright scary.

I don't play Blitz often, but when I do, he's crazy good.

Jumpicon

09-27-2013

udyr he has map control and can dish out major damage with his tiger stance

Nerdock

09-27-2013

Yorick. He necros threads better than anyone else.

Make you revive

09-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubledox View Post
Poppy. Slam them into anything no prob, smash em with your hammer and you've got yourself a kill. Repeat until legendary and/or enemy team surrenders.
This^