Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best champions for Dominion and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MalHeartsNutmeg

09-28-2011

Maybe not the greatest overall but the two champs I'm having a lot of success with are Warwick and Twitch.

Twitch pretty self explanatory, stealth defence, possible ninja caps if the enemy are stupid. His ult is pretty useful seeing as people group up to cap. Map passive gold income gets him those big items fast making him a monster. Get VERY easy kills early on snowballing his gold.

Warwick, great mobility, Blood scent is VERY useful to your team, and there's usually always some guy around on low health to activate the speed buff for you. Amazing duelist, Q does damage equal to a % of their max HP which makes him good against tanky DPS. He can sustain himself for a long time, and his ult can shut down those very annoying high mobility enemies (Akali/Teemo/Kass/Ram [with razors]). His W I suppose is ok, especially in the level 3 fight for windmill, but it's not quite as good as the rest of his kit.

I haven't really got an optimal rune page set for WW as I didn't play him much on SR, but I plan on making one up and seeing what I can do with him on CS with an ideal rune and mastery set-up.

XantaKlawz

09-28-2011

Ryze anybody?

OsirusAnubis

09-28-2011

Vayne has been amazing for me.
She moves around fast, can 1v1 incredibly well and chase like no other. Lightbringer will get you every single kill when someone is trying to escape through the middle. She can CC and dissappear, and she is anti-tank.

She counters jax with sotd, akali with lightbringer, and is on par with most of the others mentioned as top champs.

only real weakness I've found is if the enemy has both a magic assassin (leblanc) and a phys assasin (talon) so that its harder itemize against them while retaining damage.

FenrirDarkWolfen

09-29-2011

Karthus, because he can still defend when he dies, he's not dead long, and his Alt.

theButterFly

09-29-2011

I like to play a disruptive "capture" style game. Constantly moving between undefended enemy points and at least trying to disable or better yet capture the points if able. It's a great disruption tactic, because you force the enemy to have to constantly shift their focus between trying to cap and defend against you. In this role, I have been having tremendous success with Soraka, Sivir, Alistar and especially Janna. However, I think you could pretty much adapt it to any character.

My Build
1) Boots of Mobility - Makes you fast
2) Priscilla's Blessing - A temp speed boost and increased capture rate
3) Ether Rylai's Scepter or Frozen Mallet - Health & ether more attack speed and damage or ability power. However, the slow effect is really the important aspect here.

Seriously, these are the only items you need to play this way. I usually don't even bother heading back to base to buy more stuff past this point unless I die.

Runes: With Sivir I use a rune page that is +Damage, +Armour Pen, +Attack Speed, +Health
With Janna, Alistar and Soraka i use CD Reduction, Armour, +Health, (I think that's it)

Masteries: for all but Sivir I run 9/0/21. Sivir is 25/5/0.

Janna I think is the queen of capture. She is SO fast on her own. When you add the Mobility boots into the mix combined with her passive and the movement speed boost from Zephyr she has to be the fastest champ in the game. Add Ghost walk and Exhaust to your kit, and you should be able to out run anyone. Your first 3 points should be spent 2 on Zephyr and 1 on The tornado. Rush the windmill with your ghost and be sure to grab the speed boost in the jungle on your way. You should be the first person at the tower. Use your tornado to delay any enemies that arrive before the rest of your team. Once your back up arrives here is where the fun begins. If the fight at Windmill is still going on, let your teammates carry on the fight and slip out the back and head to one of the enemies points and start back capping. Go for the disable and cap if possible, but be prepared to bolt should anyone challenge you. From here on out just keep moving about the map back capping any point that is left undefended. Janna has enough skills in her kit that are effective at displacing enemies trying to chase you that you should almost never get caught.

I use this same tactic with the other characters, and it generally works pretty well.

Ions03

09-29-2011

Mundo..... He goes where he pleases!

EzeWong

09-29-2011

Personally I find lux a beast if she has the proper team alignment.

Her Snare and slow have obvious onpoint defensive abilities and her ult reaches far enough that she can interrupt at the two closest nodes to the one she is defending. When using her I've had uncountable times where I've prevented caps and made numerous tide turning moves resulting in tower assisted kills.

She can kite like a Biotch with flash up and facing heros that are not rammus or leona. (lol)

However, this is in solo-qeue team fail games. Because frankly she shouldn't ever be between two undefended nodes in a "proper" game. But who the hell defends in Dominion? It's not like strategy is important (rolls eyes)

My other vote goes to GP for his ability to defend an entire node for an extended length of time.

OdinXIII

09-29-2011

Rammus Shaco Jax Akali Janna---(because she's really fast)

Nyahbinghi

09-29-2011

Quote:
XantaKlawz:
Ryze anybody?

I've been facerolling Dominion with Ryze, he's great, specially with the sudden believe that AP doesnt work in this mod. Build Boots, RoA, Archangel's and 3 Frozen hearths. Hit like a truck and pretty **** tanky.

Alpha Q23

09-29-2011

I've noticed that if someone can tank jax's attacks for a few seconds, vayne will shut him down very fast.

So far the champs that I have had plenty of great games with.. Vayne, Pantheon, Shen.. I've gotten 1st on my team plenty of times with all 3 champs, I've captured a good amount of points with these 3 champs during most of the games, and Have gotten lots of kills during most of the games.

Vayne is pretty fast and can shut down enemy's hp very fast, and can kite them around especially if she carries ghost and exhaust.

Pantheon can shut down attempts the enemy team makes to capture points. He can hold his own when built properly and kill a few champions at a time. His ult makes ninja capping almost a garantee. (sometimes the enemy is to close, or can get there just as fast).

Shen is very underestimated in Dominion. I've chased down many "op" heros and killed them. Akali has fallen to my Shen plenty of times, Alot of Jax had a very difficult time killing me before I dashed him in time for teamates to kill him. Trynd... Don't get me started on trynd, A good Shen will fill out his 1040's while Trynd gives him a nice gentile back massage. The only champ, (of the supposid op list), I haven't faced yet as Shen is Leblanc.

I love it when the enemy team goes all AP caster type heros when I am Shen since all hp and mr means many dead casters. He is a good defender and roamer/ganker with his teleport helping points potentially fall quicker.