Kat - Still Imbalanced: Reasons Explained.

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peach Plum Pair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Olaf View Post
all right i stay out of range then she outfarms me badly and will tower dive after she takes me low enough with the bouncing blade spam(i can not dodge all not when it bounces so many times). and she is excellent at farming with the bouncing blades so even if it doesnt hit me she will get gold out of it. i have tried alot of **** agains kat and found none of it work except if they were just bad.
+17g from a minion is a lot better than +350g from you and then all the minions she can have while you're dead. It doesn't matter if she's outfarming you as long as you are her same level; she gets most of her gold from kills and if she's got optimism she'll be trying to get full stacks off a Sword of the Occult or a Mejai's. If she's not so optimistic she'll be trying to get full Bloodthirster's. Deny her this. Once you see her BB fly on your minions, run up and attack for 8 seconds. Stick to last-hitting.

If you're melee in a side lane against Kat, run up a last-hit minions when her BB is on C/D (it's got 8 seconds without any CDR). If you're ranged in mid, you can sit back and last-hit whenever you want (if her BB doesn't hit you on the first or second bounce, you can walk out of bouncing range).

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

1 - She has one of the best Early-Games in the game.
2 - She has free snowballing with her passive, and usually gets most of the kills in a team fight.
3 - She has some of the best scaling in the game.

This is Katarina. It is a recipe for OP early game, mid-game, and late-game. Every other champion who's good at Early and Mid game has bad scaling, or vice-versa (Ryze/Garen for the first, Tryndamere for the last). Katarina has it all, and with her passive, she can easily murder a whole team in a fight. Even if you interrupt her crazily powerful ultimate (800 damage + 3.0 for AP or 5.5 for AD in an area on a 60 second cooldown), it'll be back up after two people die, whether she's the one who gets the kill or not.

Remove the assists from her passive and tone down her early game a tad, and she'll be balanced.

Moxius

06-04-2010

Get good, if your failing think what counters her. Then Get your teams help.
5v5/3v3 Kinda implies what it means. Teamwork. -__-

Lu Caos

06-04-2010

Well just because a character is strong at what they are designed to do doesn't make them OP. BUT what does make a character OP is when they do well at not just their role.. but other roles as well. Support, Tank, Dps, Burst. Every character has a role.

Kat has a strong DPS ability which allows her to deal more damage the more she hits each hero consecutively. So DPS check

Burst. Her ult deals a massive amount of damage over a short period of time so she has burst and if people manage to survive her ult she can pick them off with her DPS

Support: So she doesn't have very good support, no ability to help teammates other than by killing the opponents first, But what she can do is Cancel out other peoples support by cutting healing in half.

Survivability: An ability which allows her to negate 35% of all damage for 3 secounds after flashing away from battle and once again every 6 secounds. She has surviability.

I probably didn't word this exactly as well as I think I am so feel free to finish my thought. But Kat can fit her role perfectly with little to no downside.

As a last note, if you kill kat and she kills you at the same time, she always comes out on top with gold gain.

Raidarc

06-04-2010

Either nerf Killer Instincs or Death Lotus. One and/or the other needs a nerf. Bouncing blades and Shumpo is fine.

spoden

06-04-2010

Any time a champion becomes strong from a useless state they're instantly deemed OP by the community because they're not used to dealing with them.

In essence, Kat is fine, she got a needed buff after being UP for a long time. She's an assassin, she's meant to deal a high amount of damage; thus, she is also meant to be squishy--which if you actually tried attacking/cc-ing her during a DL, you'd realize she's as strong as tissue paper.

Tonberry

06-04-2010

Her shunpo is because she has no cc, unless you want to build a tank kat she is very squishy. Her ult puts her in close range + it is so easily shut down. If your entire team wasted all their ccs knowing there is a kat waiting to jump you are an idiot.

Her abilities don't cost mana, because they are weaker than abilities that do the same/similar things.
Bouncing Blades - Ryze, can hit more than once, magic resist debuff. Fiddle, silence, Sivir a lot more overwhelming.

Killer Insticts, passive, boosts her other skills but it isn't a cc. I think of people like Kennen, Jax, Yi, Gangplank(?), Garen, Poppy. All of those guys minus Yi also has a CC.

Ult, yea only Fiddle, Nunu, Amumu, Nasus, Karthus, Rammus. All of their AOEs either can move, or have a secondary effect. Not to mention once again all these guys also have a CC of some sort or can slow. Not to mention all of them save Nunu can't be stopped by a CC.

Raidarc

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoden View Post
Any time a champion becomes strong from a useless state they're instantly deemed OP by the community because they're not used to dealing with them.

In essence, Kat is fine, she got a needed buff after being UP for a long time. She's an assassin, she's meant to deal a high amount of damage; thus, she is also meant to be squishy--which if you actually tried attacking/cc-ing her during a DL, you'd realize she's as strong as tissue paper.
I've played Katarina pre-buff and post-buff. There is balance and then there is going too far. They went too far. Katarina is my 2nd most played character. With over 60 games. (Not much I know but more than most posters here.)

spoden

06-04-2010

Shurelia posted in the EU forums that Kat is fine.

/thread

Raidarc

06-04-2010

This is not RTS.

EU is no better than our servers.

1234567 ... 13