Kat - Still Imbalanced: Reasons Explained.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiria View Post
Good players save cc for kat.
Good lord, no one has any memory in this thread,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
The fact of the matter is that most CCs have some kind of delay, and Katarina's ultimate does so much damage so quickly that it usually can finish someone off before you can interrupt it. Now Kat has all her CDs back, even if she only got an assist, and it's likely that someone else will die. BAM. Katarina has her ultimate back.

Besides, most champions with CC can't save their CC for Katarina's ultimate. Most of them are reliant on it to accomplish anything at all because of ability synergy(Veigar, Sion, Rammus, Pantheon, Warwick, Shen, Fiddlesticks), and a lot of them can't even do any good damage without blowing their CC (AP Sion, Annie, Kennen, Kassadin, Anivia, Cho'gath). If they wait for Katarina to ult, and Katarina waits for them to blow their CCs, do you know who usually wins? Katarina.

And then, of course, there's all the champions who can't stop Katarina's ult at all. "That's not many, and most of them are bad and shouldn't be played anyways". It's still a balance issue, and for your enjoyment, here:

Master Yi, Tryndamere, Ryze, Shaco, Morgana (I count her because of the delay on her ult - it can't really be used as an interrupt on a channel because by the time it goes off, the channel's done), Ezreal, Mundo, Sivir, Mordekaiser, Zilean, Teemo, Akali, Twitch, Gangplank, Karthus, Nunu, Nasus, Corki, Nidalee, Evelynn, Kayle, and for fun's sake, let's include Katarina herself.

So, the champions not included in any of my lists: Udyr, Taric, Ashe, Poppy, Alistar, Gragas, Jax, Soraka, Singed, Janna, Tristana, Blitzcrank, Heimerdinger, Garen, Amumu, Malphite, Twisted Fate.

Now, if you don't have one of those on your team, or GOD FORBID they use an ability on anyone other than Katarina? You're ****ed.

So yeah. "Just CC her" isn't really a valid reason for her to have the best early game, the best mid-game, and the best late-game of any champion in the game.

Deu5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

Anyone played against a good Annie mid as KAt ? I did. It was imposible... I was afraid to get close to her. She had no darn health, the usual 4 little lines, and me having 6 of them, and still i was trembling in that lane. You know why, that little girl had full magic pen runepage and a stun up from lvl 1, she got me to 200 hp in 1 skill combo, and then tower huged clearing minion ways faster than the tower, and had no problems whith me because i couldn't shunpo in to her and damage her because that would kill me. Moreover she had flash as a summ spell.
You would say "BB her to death" - i know the drill, but she knew it even better. Kat is good mid, but only against the usual Ashe, Teemo and Vamp scepter TF's. Try playing her against a good Ashe ( Full crit runepage whith a Toy sword as a starting item ), or a TF whith Dorans blade ( and a crapload of HP from Runes ), and then complain about "how easy is to play her"...
Gosh you have to be stupid not to take at least those HP quints on a squishy character. I got them, because Kat is still squishy ( 460 hp or so, not more than other carry ), and plus get dorans or red pot as starting item, learn to cover up youre weak point ffs ( that includes the L2P thingy here ), and stop whyning about Kat and play Jax for a change, see how rediculous that guy is.

Shiria

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
Good lord, no one has any memory in this thread,
Srsly u r funny but u forget many of this champs got free flash in skills.
Try to ult nida/ez/corki/shaco they dont need to interupt ult just flash away.
That looks like only kat can save cds. Others heroes cant.

Burning Rose

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiria View Post
Srsly u r funny but u forget many of this champs got free flash in skills.
Try to ult nida/ez/corki/shaco they dont need to interupt ult just flash away.
That looks like only kat can save cds. Others heroes cant.
Sounds great. That means their allies get to die in that teamfight instead, wonderful.

MrLumber

06-07-2010

Kat seriously is not OP, the one thing I agree with is that her ult is stealthy. Outside of that all you need to do is have a single person keep tabs on her for when she uses her ult, its that simple. Kat doesn't just lose to certain players, she loses to good teamwork. And saying she can build tanky and still put out great damage is just being fussy considering every character in the entire game can do the exact same thing. I mean with options like frozen mallet and RoA no character should have under 2.5k health.

In essence there really no reason Kat should be single handedly winning a game, and if she is it just means that she is a better player than you.