Why do people think Hiemerdinger is that good on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stoned spider

09-26-2011

Bottom line is Heimer is a champ that takes SKILL. His stun is reliable if you can use it well. He can easily farm at the turret he is defending. Oh, yea if they send 3 or more people to take the tower he is dug into; then his FOUR, count them 1, 2, 3, 4 other teammates can easily take 2 towers. One person can go to a tower close to the enemies nexus while the other 3 go to a guarded tower. I say guarded because defense is necessary on dominion, and the enemy team will most likely be guarding. You will most certainly gain at least one tower from this. This will force the enemy team to retreat to the tower(s) they just lost. Even Heimer died and you lost 1 tower, they will be unable to cap anymore as long as you team backs up once your team caps the enemy's tower(s). Your team should not stay on the newly gained towers for long, because you will all be too spread out to successfully hold all of them. However, the newly gained towers will give you nice damage to the enemy nexus for the time being.

Hugs From Momma

09-26-2011

Cause he's a boss on defense.

If you don't attack his point, he'll push the waves back and cap your point, so you have to deal with him constantly.

iMerk

09-26-2011

This is somewhat true, ive had a xin dash in on my turrets n ult, all my turrets dead in seconds, including me seconds after, ofcourse I popped zhonyas

Ying Quliang

09-26-2011

I think Anivia makes a better point defender than Heimer, but most people automatically default to guy-with-turrets when they think about defense.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

I can see why Heimer is considered a good defender, but Cho'gath is my go-to for that role. Push minion waves super fast for free without needing to use cooldowns or mana.

PrincessDerpy

09-26-2011

1. Heimer babysitting his bot turret creates a natural push on the opposing team's bot turret.

2. If at any time Heimer knows where all 5 members of the enemy team are, he can push the opposing turret HARD.

3. The above means the other team needs to have a pusher that can keep the Dinger from pushing the node down.

4. Ignoring Dinger doesn't work because if he takes your bottom turret he can and will keep it and still retreat to defend his bottom turret. Either way he buys time for his team to take Winmill while you're busy dealing with him.

5. 1v1ing him is asking for a lesson in futility. Since bot lane D Heimer is rarely in direct conflict, chanes are he has Exhaust ready. Between Exhaust and the grenade stun, it's actually pretty hard to squish Heimer before he gets back under his turret. I've been on both ends of this.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlust69 View Post
heimer turret take 1 hit to kill...but besides that i just cap anyway and ignore them they kinda tickle
how do u cap while being tickled? u sir are a liar. heimer turrets have to b killed b4 cap unless your not in range in which case they cant tickle.

ShamefulDeed

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunghorecondo View Post
I would agree with all these points in theory, but the fact is these are his highlights. a good hiemerdinger realistically can't travel too far from his turrets, he has no fighting potential really without them. Tank dinger is ok, but then deals 0 damage and is only good at defending bc most people can just ignore you. Rockets i think are his staple on dominion, but even then i think they are best used defending. His weak points is a low base health, low movepseed, no reliable hard CC.

He's best utilized defending a turret, but a defensive strategy is just doomed to fail on dominion.

Yes these are his highlights.

A "Good" Hiemerdinger can indeed realisticlly travel far away from his turrets. Thats part of why hes good.

If your runing around without turrets then no you are not dealing tons of damage.. but rather moving from one tower to another possibly capping a new one. When its capped you pop your turrets and D for a bit..

When running without turrets then your stun is your best friend.
Hit the tower. If someone comes after you stun and run.. hit another tower..

You can also stun the champ chasing you run to a bush drop 2 turrets then ult as they come in and stun again.. he is a great offensive champ in regards to Dominion.

Offensive is a bit different in Dominion though... It can stand for attacking or activly taking towers. In this instance its more of sneaking around 1v1 and take a tower.. you can win early game 1v2-3 like this but late game it gets harder.

************************************************** ************************************************** ****
Item build: Sorc boots(if you want more damage) or boots of mob(if you want to run around a bit faster).. up to you.. Get your Rabadons and Rylai's Crystal Scepter..
This gives you speed.. AP .. and that pesky Health youl need to tank a bit.

After this you can go a bit tankier.. or go more AP damage..A Hextech can help with your sustain or you can get Warmogs or a Glacial shroud for some more hp / Armor..

You can get a nice Abyssal Scepter to help ward off Akali and Kass..

Its really not too hard to get any of these items in Dominion.

If your gona run around with dinger then youl need promote and ghost if your on the D then promote and your tower upgrade..

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

His Rockets are good but I prefer to lvl his turrets then his stun over them.. One well placed stun and they are usualy dead.

Scenvresh

09-26-2011

Obviously you do not play a good dinger, nor have you played against a good dinger. And if you've played with a good dinger, you haven't realized just how good they are.

ShamefulDeed

09-26-2011

Originally Posted by ShamefulDeed
The Dinger is one of the best champs to use for dominion.

Reasoning..

5. His Rockets allow him to hit multiple people attempting to cap along with his turrets that lock on champs over minions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afkbotextreme View Post
Wrong.

What is wrong about this? Other than ignoring 1-4?