Why do people think Hiemerdinger is that good on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gunghorecondo

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamefulDeed View Post
The Dinger is one of the best champs to use for dominion.

Reasoning..

1. He dosnt need to be near a turret to defend it.
2. He can easily defend against 1-3 players.. (2xTurrets + his stun on the tower = 1-2 kills right there. Add in the Ult and maybe a rocket or 2 and your set. Buff the tower and your good to go.)
3. Tank Dinger tanks all...
4. Dinger can easily take another tower while defending another with his turrets. (He can allso instantly set up a good D at the newly capped turret.)
5. His Rockets allow him to hit multiple people attempting to cap allong with his turrets that lock on champs over minions.

All this said.. He is not the end all be all of the game.. He is a good defender but I have seen games go much better when Dinger is on the offensive, capps quickly, defends that turret for a moment.. B's out then runs for another while his turrets are still sitting at the last cap point.
I would agree with all these points in theory, but the fact is these are his highlights. a good hiemerdinger realistically can't travel too far from his turrets, he has no fighting potential really without them. Tank dinger is ok, but then deals 0 damage and is only good at defending bc most people can just ignore you. Rockets i think are his staple on dominion, but even then i think they are best used defending. His weak points is a low base health, low movepseed, no reliable hard CC.

He's best utilized defending a turret, but a defensive strategy is just doomed to fail on dominion.

Karron Lightfury

09-26-2011

Heimerdinger has superb utility, offensive and defensive power. If you know how to kite and your positioning, you will rarely be caught dead.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSnuggles View Post
You need people who can hold your points and defend. The defender is like the tank in SR. Nobody wants to do it. But the defender is probably the most important person on the team.
every game I see heimer he sits at bottom and does nothing, because trying to take bottom in general is stupid and trying to take it from heimer is an even bigger waste of time. But if he tries to leave bot to take anything.. oops now he's a crappy mage with no turrets to back him up(or he leaves his node undefended)

so having heimer gets you one node that you would have anyway.

SuperSnuggles

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
every game I see heimer he sits at bottom and does nothing, because trying to take bottom in general is stupid and trying to take it from heimer is an even bigger waste of time. But if he tries to leave bot to take anything.. oops now he's a crappy mage with no turrets to back him up(or he leaves his node undefended)

so having heimer gets you one node that you would have anyway.
stick him on the windmill.

Hannor

09-26-2011

He can hold bottom only if he never moves from his cap point. The second he steps away, Boom, he's gibbed and the point falls. Minion pushes basically ruin him, since the minions ignore his turret in favor of the cap point. He also needs time and farm to defend effectively because he relies entirely on damage to do it for him. if you leave him alone too early, a 2v1 gank on him ensures the enemy is taking his point.

Maokai on the other hand, requires less farm to be more effective as a defender. Once Mao gets rolling, you must send at least three people to even threaten his point.

gunghorecondo

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karron Lightfury View Post
Heimerdinger has superb utility, offensive and defensive power. If you know how to kite and your positioning, you will rarely be caught dead.
his offensive capability is best when the enemy is caught between your turrets. which means 1) they dived you between them, or 2) you placed them close to them. Either way, these turrets are most likely not at a base, and once they are down......whoopty doo. they die too quickly to the AD Tanky DPS that dominates dominion.

As for defensive power, i agree any other champ can't top him. he just doesn't stand against these Ad teams well

afkbotextreme

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamefulDeed View Post
The Dinger is one of the best champs to use for dominion.

Reasoning..

5. His Rockets allow him to hit multiple people attempting to cap allong with his turrets that lock on champs over minions.

Wrong.

gunghorecondo

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenesse View Post
If you think Heimer can't fight, you have no idea how to play Heimer.
I think Hiemer can fight fine. My arguement is that the team with more captures and a really mobile team tends to blow up the enemy nexus. hiemerdinger fails in capturing turrets and in mobility.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephtis View Post
You can't ninja a point that has turrets on it, it takes time to remove them, or a minion push (which takes time)..
Turret range < decent ninja

Gorchek

09-26-2011

Haha, try to 1v1 or 2v2 a Heimerdinger 15 minutes into the game and get wrecked. The only reason this doesn't work on Summoner's Rift is because five people can burst him down too quickly, and his turrets don't have the focus to kill an enemy champ. That, and blind AoE will kill his turrets.