Why do people think Hiemerdinger is that good on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gunghorecondo

09-26-2011

Sure, he can protect towers by babysitting. He has no fight potential unless the enemy is ******ed and bum rushes a turret against him. He's squishy enough that 90% of the time i see a hiemer try and defend a turret, they bum rush him, and then take it. turrets are just a decent deterant, but most AD that is played can kill them in 1 or 2 hits.

and truthfully, a defense strategy doesn't work 90% of the time. the current idea i see most people say is 2 top and 2 bot, and then 1 protects the mid point of those. sure, rushing the nodes that way is effective at the beginning, but after that the team that is more aggressive tends to quickly take over the game and win the first quest. And honestly, the team that wins that first quest can easily take over the game and dominate. But these ideas that defensive strategy works is killing me. and Hiemerdinger is always the center of that defensive strategy.

Sephtis

09-26-2011

You can't ninja a point that has turrets on it, it takes time to remove them, or a minion push (which takes time).

He's more a tool to give the team time to react to the enemies moves.

Most people go for the undefended towers, so you sort of psychologically bottle neck them ona couple of points.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

What? Defense strategy is going to be the strategy to beat once people really get into it.

Heimer just sits solo bot and frees up the other 4 members of your team to cover whatever else they want.

Heimer with Garrison is nearly unassailable.

Bloodlust69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephtis View Post
You can't ninja a point that has turrets on it, it takes time to remove them, or a minion push (which takes time).

He's more a tool to give the team time to react to the enemies moves.

Most people go for the undefended towers, so you sort of psychologically bottle neck them ona couple of points.
heimer turret take 1 hit to kill...but besides that i just cap anyway and ignore them they kinda tickle

ShamefulDeed

09-26-2011

The Dinger is one of the best champs to use for dominion.

Reasoning..

1. He dosnt need to be near a turret to defend it.
2. He can easily defend against 1-3 players.. (2xTurrets + his stun on the tower = 1-2 kills right there. Add in the Ult and maybe a rocket or 2 and your set. Buff the tower and your good to go.)
3. Tank Dinger tanks all...
4. Dinger can easily take another tower while defending another with his turrets. (He can allso instantly set up a good D at the newly capped turret.)
5. His Rockets allow him to hit multiple people attempting to cap allong with his turrets that lock on champs over minions.

All this said.. He is not the end all be all of the game.. He is a good defender but I have seen games go much better when Dinger is on the offensive, capps quickly, defends that turret for a moment.. B's out then runs for another while his turrets are still sitting at the last cap point.

jars

09-26-2011

I think he's pretty bad honestly. He can hold bottom okay.. wooptie do he can't assault anything or be any use in skirmishes.

SuperSnuggles

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
I think he's pretty bad honestly. He can hold bottom okay.. wooptie do he can't assault anything or be any use in skirmishes.
You need people who can hold your points and defend. The defender is like the tank in SR. Nobody wants to do it. But the defender is probably the most important person on the team.

ComfyElephant

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlust69 View Post
heimer turret take 1 hit to kill...but besides that i just cap anyway and ignore them they kinda tickle
Yeah, because you can definitely cap a turret while its attacking you.

Hiemer is really good when the opposing team tries to go 2v1 or 3v1 against a turret. Hiemer, with the help of his turrets can effectively defend against a 2v1 or a 3v1, and last very long against a 4v1 or 5v1 (enough to distract them). Though, I think there are many better choices.

Nenesse

09-26-2011

If you think Heimer can't fight, you have no idea how to play Heimer.

Cap Jack Sparrow

09-26-2011

The thing about Heimer not being able to go out and fight (Which is a somewhat weak argument at best anyways), doesn't take away from the fact that once Heimer is dug down in the point he is defending the enemy is going to have a very hard time getting him out.

Defending is just as important as capturing, if not even MORE important at times.