[Guide]AP Shaco: PK Boxtrap!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xantom

06-25-2010

im pretty new to the game and newer to shaco but i am really liking this guide and almost always gettin more kills than deaths, even on losses.

but i would really really like to see some videos, i am havin a hard time pullin off some of the stuff, particularly lane controlling and fighting on the lanes in general. so ya vids would help tons, and nice guide.

Petrìfied

06-26-2010

http://img251.imageshack.us/f/shacod.jpg/

Bump for a good guide.

Cirno9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Very nice guide. I played against an AP shaco that just spammed single JitB all around the jungle. It ruined everything we did. Baron? Hell no. Gank? Certainly not! I'll have to try this guide out sometime. Usually I get bored by reading these types of guides, but it was very entertaining, so I read through the whole thing. Fun Stuff.

Rugi

07-05-2010

So exactly how is AP Shaco supposed to work early game, exactly? I've tried this build in several games and in-lane I lack the damage to do anything at all until I get to Fiendish Codex and start getting AP. And yes, I get Golem at 1.

Problem is if they can just slow you down early game, you're pretty much useless the entire match. Seems like a build that really only works if you get fed. Am I right or am I possibly missing something?

NessOnett

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflictica View Post
This just made me really happy when I saw it, thank you for the compliment(and thank all the rest of you too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugi View Post
So exactly how is AP Shaco supposed to work early game, exactly? I've tried this build in several games and in-lane I lack the damage to do anything at all until I get to Fiendish Codex and start getting AP. And yes, I get Golem at 1.

Problem is if they can just slow you down early game, you're pretty much useless the entire match. Seems like a build that really only works if you get fed. Am I right or am I possibly missing something?
With this strategy your early game is somewhat your weakest phase depending on who you are laning against. Unless you can catch them into a trap, your burst damage is pretty lacking in getting kills solo. But you can assist a lot if your partner initiates since you are a great chaser right from the start. You also have decent harassment with your daggers once you get them, or if they lack range you can harass with deceive as well(hit them out of invis and run back to your minions...since you should be faster than most everyone else out there pre-boots).

Codex is really the point when you take off, but you don't need to get FED to be effective, you just need to get SOMETHING. Like many characters if you fall a good deal behind early it may take you some time to recover. But unlike most other characters it won't cause you to feed if you get caught in this conundrum because you can escape from nearly everything.

CorpusDei

07-06-2010

In general a good guide, covering lots of details, but there's one thing i do not understand. Why do you get Nashor's? I mean you dont really need as?

NessOnett

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpusDei View Post
In general a good guide, covering lots of details, but there's one thing i do not understand. Why do you get Nashor's? I mean you dont really need as?
well, codex is a core component of the build. And for a comparatively low cost you get improvements on everything it does, especially CDR(which is necessary). The AS is just a bonus, and given the playstyle of fearless turret pushing, it allows you to down turrets a LOT quicker.

Weeum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

*******http://i52.tinypic.com/20fbyav.png********

This is my favorite guide ever and I won't be playing AD Shaco anytime soon.
Ignore the custom games, and the bottom one was as AD jungle shaco.

ExecutionerK

01-15-2011

Guide's items are outdated.

Also, anyone with some brain should be easily found out if it is a clone or not in ranked game, AP shaco isn't good in ranked game.

Lastly, boxtrap will be done by a simple hit of most AoE spell.

HardToFindAName

01-16-2011

I was considering getting shaco for a while now but waiting to see how he was played. I just followed your guide (loosely, not precisely what you did), but I just got : 13/6/22 and 13/4/11 for my first two shaco games ^^ (lvl 30 btw, so I'm not against noobish players either)