Yorick's Ghosts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UltimateStrategi

12-12-2011

So I've solo top'd against a Yorick a few times, and I've had a lot of trouble with his ghosts.

I'm not really sure what kind of damage his ghosts do (heard two of the ghosts don't scale off of AP, not sure), so could anyone please tell me which boots (merc treads or ninja tabi) would minimize his harass the most?

Sky Avenger

12-12-2011

I mainly play yorick but i never really took a good look at ghoul's damage output... but you want to have a lot of potions and call for ganks, dont trade hit for hit with him. abuse him when hes low on mana and try to last hit as much as possible while staying out of his range

UltimateStrategi

12-12-2011

Thanks for the tips.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Ghouls do 33% of Yoricks damage, but attack at a flat .665 attack speed. They last for 5 seconds, becoming weaker healthwise over time. They also make Yorick himself deal 5% more autoattack damage and 5% less damage taken.

You should always run from the ghouls when they are cast on you as a ghoul will get in 3 attacks, which is equal to eating 1 autoattack from Yorick himself...per ghoul.

A smart Yorick will drop both his AoE slow AND his lifestealing on you at once. Since you are slowed, you will eat all 6 attacks from the ghouls which does hurt...when added to the nuke damage already. However, this does get mana-intensive.

Melee is difficult because he will drop all 3 ghouls, nuke you hard, get 15% DR and dmg bonus and they will beat you down.

A simple trick is to be really close to the woods. When he nukes you, step into the brush and the ghouls will go attack creeps and push the lane a bit.
This gives you a chance to sustain his relatively weak nukes, if you are able to negate the ghoul damage.

Playing a high sustain champ like Garen or Cho or Xin is also very helpful in this regard, as is making sure to take say boots and 3 pots, or regrowth and pot. Don't take a dorans blade for example, or something with low sustain.

Sawsers

12-13-2011

They do basic attack damage equal to a percent of Yorick's, but his Omen of Famine deals magic damage when it arrives

His other two ghouls I'm pretty sure deal physical damage on arrival

UltimateStrategi

12-13-2011

Thanks guys, this'll help a lot next time I go up against a Yorick solo top.

dirtycatholic

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateStrategi View Post
Thanks guys, this'll help a lot next time I go up against a Yorick solo top. :)
I had to make a post. Q and E from yorick are based off of his ad ratios with ap on his W, BUT....all of the ghouls dmg output is magic! So only yoricks auto attacks are weakened by increased armor while increased mr decreases dmg received from his ghouls.

breadbocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Ghouls have 35% of his AD which means he can have up to 205% of his AD attacking you at once. His ghoul's health are also 35% of his.

Chantt

Recruiter

12-13-2011

trundle is yorick's hard counter

Killzerz

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantt View Post
trundle is yorick's hard counter
This. He counters Yorick HARD thanks to his passive. Beat Trundle? Are you trollin'?