Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Slows and Speed buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deus Lunae

09-26-2011

there's something that has been bugging me. if you've been slowed then speed boosts usually count for nothing. Example: I've played Teemo, and gotten hit by a slow. Wanting to run away I pop Ghost and Move quick to get away. Somehow I still wind up with a slower move speed than if i had no buffs at all (level 1 with no boots).

How does this kind of thing happen?

theplqa

09-26-2011

Slows take priority over speed buffs.Sorta the reason why Cleanse,Tenacity,QSS,and BV(not really) exist.

Deus Lunae

09-26-2011

Then how is it I've seen people speed boost out of all sorts of crazy stuff?

theplqa

09-26-2011

What exactly?There are a lot of things that can break slows.

doo0ooooooom

09-26-2011

Slows do not take priority over speed buffs, they multiply together. Sometimes the slow is just stronger than the speed buff.

example:

You have +50% movement speed from ghost + move quick + whatever. Your base movement speed is 375. So unslowed you'll be moving at 562.5 movement speed before factoring in movement speed diminishing returns which I don't feel like doing right now.

next, somebody shoots you with a 50% slow. 50% of 562.5 is 281.25, which is slower than your base movement speed of 375. So you probably aren't getting away, because the 50% slow is stronger than the 50% movement speed buff you're using. You'd need at least 100% bonus movement speed to fully counter a 50% slow.

theplqa

09-26-2011

Sorry about misguiding you OP he's actually right.

Xiahiw

09-26-2011

There's all sorts of factors. Moral of the story, get tenacity. =)

Deus Lunae

09-26-2011

I guess I'll have to look into it more.

edit: thanks for the info guys. Very helpful.