Slows and Speed buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deus Lunae

09-26-2011

there's something that has been bugging me. if you've been slowed then speed boosts usually count for nothing. Example: I've played Teemo, and gotten hit by a slow. Wanting to run away I pop Ghost and Move quick to get away. Somehow I still wind up with a slower move speed than if i had no buffs at all (level 1 with no boots).

How does this kind of thing happen?

theplqa

09-26-2011

Slows take priority over speed buffs.Sorta the reason why Cleanse,Tenacity,QSS,and BV(not really) exist.

Deus Lunae

09-26-2011

Then how is it I've seen people speed boost out of all sorts of crazy stuff?

theplqa

09-26-2011

What exactly?There are a lot of things that can break slows.

doo0ooooooom

09-26-2011

Slows do not take priority over speed buffs, they multiply together. Sometimes the slow is just stronger than the speed buff.

example:

You have +50% movement speed from ghost + move quick + whatever. Your base movement speed is 375. So unslowed you'll be moving at 562.5 movement speed before factoring in movement speed diminishing returns which I don't feel like doing right now.

next, somebody shoots you with a 50% slow. 50% of 562.5 is 281.25, which is slower than your base movement speed of 375. So you probably aren't getting away, because the 50% slow is stronger than the 50% movement speed buff you're using. You'd need at least 100% bonus movement speed to fully counter a 50% slow.

theplqa

09-26-2011

Sorry about misguiding you OP he's actually right.

Xiahiw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

There's all sorts of factors. Moral of the story, get tenacity. =)

Deus Lunae

09-26-2011

I guess I'll have to look into it more.

edit: thanks for the info guys. Very helpful.