Regarding the benchmark fix for no sound issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaranty

06-04-2010

Hello,

By searching the forum I found out that changing the framerate option to benchmark fixed the rare no sound bug when playing a game. But I have a question, what is the difference between the benchmark option compared to the other framerate options?

Another weird thing I noticed is that when playing with no sound, the FPS gain is quite huge. I had a 15-20 framerate boost in the game while I had no sound. My PC is quite ancient, 6 years with a 97' Realtek Audio soundboard but I find it quite weird that the sound/music in the game makes such a big difference in framerate.

Is this normal or is it some kind of a bad optimization. Is there a way to decrease the quality of the sound in order to make the game run smoother?

Thanks in advance.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Are you using Windows XP?

If I remember correctly Windows XP Audio was/is essentially a process, which can use up resources.

As for the difference, benchmark is unrestricted in terms of Frames Per Second, This is probably counter-balanced by V-Sync, but essentially I believe that's what the difference.