How is Riven on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falanin

02-21-2012

If you're running ghost/X, you can easily get away with a Prospectors/Longsword start. Dash->hops->ghost->dash means you get to top about the same time as people with boots. Gives you a bit more power on the opening fight.

v4v3nd3774

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
I suppose I should elaborate:

Riven is powerful, but has the same weaknesses that a lot of heroes do:

She isn't Tryn/Jax/Akali. Her skills are incapable of critting, and attack speed is a very lackluster purchase on her.

*shrug*
She's an AD caster that also is incentivized to autoattack, she's not an autoattacking champ, there is a difference. This is why crit and as are not the best purchases on her. But if you look at the rest of her kit she makes up for that in ridiculous AD scaling on ALL FIVE(yes, FIVE) of her abilities.

Suggesting Trynd, Jax and Akali don't have weakness gets you a downvote.

v4v3nd3774

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
Riven is good in theory. She runs off no mana and she takes advantage of the free armor pen from the Dominion buff.

Brutalizer is definitely core. I'm not sure how exactly I would itemize her since you can't stack Sanguine Blades the same way you stack Bloodthirsters.

My build might look something like: Prospector's Blade + Boots. Rush Brutalizer. Get a Sanguine Blade. Get a Phage, finish Youmuu's Blade and Ionion Boots then finish Entropy. Game should be over by now. If not, then itemize properly with things like Tiamat/Hexdrinker/Spirit Visage/Aegis/Thornmail.

That's probably Riven's greatest weakness. Hard itemization because only one big item gives AD and Cooldown Reduction.
Yup, the same issue most AD casters deal with. At least Riven scales so hard with AD that instead of falling off like others she actually becomes more of a hypercarry.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falanin View Post
If you're running ghost/X, you can easily get away with a Prospectors/Longsword start. Dash->hops->ghost->dash means you get to top about the same time as people with boots. Gives you a bit more power on the opening fight.
I tried that, but wasn't happy with how bad I was at chasing & escaping when E has such a long cooldown still. If you have teammates who can reliably slow the enemies you could probably pull it off.

But you really don't need to spend the ghost; you'll get there soon enough without it.