How is Riven on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Escrocs

09-26-2011

Just curious as to what you guys and gals think of the new champ on Dominion. How do you build her?

TiddleyKong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Sigh..... I LOVE RIVEN she is so much fun to use, but even in SR she is just soo underpowered. I haven't used her in dominion but enemies have and they haven't had any more luck that i have noticed. I would say use her and be the first!

Rylis

10-03-2011

I do pretty good as Riven, but there are a lot of champs who are GG at load status against her. CC and high damage wrecks her so fast, her short CDs don't matter.

Two Chainz Swaga

10-03-2011

She's pretty good. Not great, but it is definitely a better map for her than SR.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

Riven is a badass mofo on Dominion. Her weakest stage is taken out completely and she does insane amounts of damage when she is wearing some gear.

Very underrated on Dominion.

Weirding

10-03-2011

She's like Udyr:

She has a low-cooldown shield.
She has a short-duration stun.
She has great chasing ability.
She had decent damage output while being a tough nut to crack.

Building a little CDR on her is AMAZING. I highly recommend getting a Frozen Heart as quickly as possible -- she does a lot of damage early and the increased survivability helps immensely while increasing her damage at the same time though CDR.

Don't bother with a Triforce on her. She just wants PURE ATTACK DAMAGE and some defense. The Dominion-specific item Entropy is crazy good for her. Last Whisper and Ghostblade are great solutions to enemies stacking armor (Ghostblade is especially amazing on her).

You will be glad to know that she fares very well against Jax since she deals a lot of damage though (non-dodgeable) abilities, can stun him back, and can absorb damage with her shield. You can also make it hard for him to build up his passive by hitting him with the third attack of Broken Wings to mini-stun him, Ki Burst for another stun, then Valor away from him. Timed right his attack speed buff will fall off even if he Leap Strikes to you.

Arance

10-03-2011

She's pretty good for the first 10-15 minutes, but falls off a good amount in the late game (which is about 90% of what actually decides the game).

michelada

10-03-2011

she is an amazing champ seems that ppl its just starting to play her right.

BigDaddyRelish

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
She's pretty good for the first 10-15 minutes, but falls off a good amount in the late game (which is about 90% of what actually decides the game).
Wat.

How does having just shy of 400 ad with her low cd ult on and intense bonus ad scaling contribute to her falling off end game?

It's for the same reason why I don't get why everyone thinks Cass has a bad endgame, Riven is actually quite a monster that can compete with other hyper carries.

Weirding

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post
Wat.

How does having just shy of 400 ad with her low cd ult on and intense bonus ad scaling contribute to her falling off end game?

It's for the same reason why I don't get why everyone thinks Cass has a bad endgame, Riven is actually quite a monster that can compete with other hyper carries.
Compete with hypercarries?

Riven IS a Hypercarry.

Everything she does -- EVERYTHING -- scales with AD. If you play her right, even her AUTOATTACKS scale with AD at a rate of 50%. That BF Sword that gives you +45 damage? It essentially gives Riven +68.

What's more is Riven is a badass from the word "Go" in CS since she has all three of her abilities right out of the gates.