Dominion UI Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lailu

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post

Re: Personal Score, I play a tank on dominion fairly often and a lot of the time I am on the bottom even though I feel like I am making important contributions to the team by roaming and stopping people off the point, etc. The design team has talked a lot about this, but it is a pretty tough problem to solve because it's difficult to make logic that detects intangible contributions like that.
I generally ignore the score because as a support who generally defends the bottom turret my score is low almost everytime even though I know that my keeping that turret defended is helping us win.

Edgecase

09-26-2011

Quote:
Channeling being interrupted is something that I'm not satisfied with yet. We were limited by what we could do in the time available. I would like to see a better particle around you when you are interrupted and possibly a more persistent indication of the cooldown timer.
For what it's worth on this point, I'd love to see the yellow/red/green beam "shatter" and sort of swirl around or above the character until capturing is available again. That way I'd know when an enemy is able to start a channel again as well.

Agg

09-26-2011

Quote:

Re: Personal Score, I play a tank on dominion fairly often and a lot of the time I am on the bottom even though I feel like I am making important contributions to the team by roaming and stopping people off the point, etc. The design team has talked a lot about this, but it is a pretty tough problem to solve because it's difficult to make logic that detects intangible contributions like that.
I was playing "distraction" for a few maps in one of the beta periods. Basically what I would do is run around just out of someone's reach for a while to keep them off of a point. Eventually a team-mate of theirs would join in and try and catch me. I had 4 guys chasing after me for like a minute one game.

I got no points for this. I feel I should have.

Would it be possible to do some kind of proximity-champion-differential measurement and award points based on time occupying the greater number of champions?

something like, if you and a teammate are keeping 3 enemies within x-distance busy you get 1 point per 5 seconds or something. if you (by yourself) are keeping 3 people busy within x-distance, you get 2 points per 5seconds. Maybe more if you're doing it away from a capture point?

the values can change, but you see what i'm getting at?

TPick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Overall I'm happy with the UI in dominion. I'm not quite sure if this falls under UI/UX specifically but would it be possible to have the SR only items removed from the store in dominion and vice versa?

edit: read your post about how the store is old so i understand. Its not a huge deal. overall great work!

Arance

09-26-2011

Quote:
Sounds like a bug, we'll try to reproduce it here and fix it. Anyone else notice this? How often is it happening? Honestly I mostly refer to the minimap for that info so I doubt I would have noticed it breaking. :-S
I had this, but only once that I noticed. If I recall the circumstances correctly, both teams had 2 points, and my team capped a third, but that third point still showed neutral up top even while it showed their nexus losing health.

Kei143

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

my idea of quest change.

probably start having the capture points on the minimap being highlighted or some. not talking about the nodes, but the image that indications which point that is.

boourns

UI Designer

09-26-2011
8 of 17 Riot Posts

Ok, I see the missing items and we know why it's happening. Kind of a limitation on the store on how many items we can show, it'll take a while to fix it I think, but I'll put it on the backlog. This probably got introduced when we shifted the final locations of the dominion items around.

Cadrantaar

09-26-2011

I looked through a few pages and couldn't find this.

I find myself missing the old K/D/A tally on screen. Since there's a bunch of real estate up by the personal score, perhaps it could return to its original place. I know it's mostly insignificant, but I still like to know.

I would also like to vote for the pentagon-and-circle notifications to indicate capture points. I may get used to the names, but even then, it will be an extra step I'd rather not go through every time. I think the only one people are likely to figure out every time is the Windmill.

Lastly, those dots that indicate how many points you have? They can be a little hard to see, compared to the rest of the UI. I wonder if instead of little dots, you could have something bigger/brighter? I mocked something uap, you can find it attached.

Mewtwo

09-26-2011

ive had a few games where the dots actually are incorrect like my team will have a 4 cap but it says we only have 3 caps

TobiSaru

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei143 View Post
my idea of quest change.

probably start having the capture points on the minimap being highlighted or some. not talking about the nodes, but the image that indications which point that is.
I second this guy's idea.