Dominion UI Feedback

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hamai

09-26-2011

- nexus HP bars at top occupy too much height, covering a considerable amount of map...
- not UI, but I had to mute the announcer, it was giving me a headache the nonstop talk

Louie McGee

09-26-2011

* VP meters at the top middle
Replace the dots with the VP icons. (Refinery icon, boneyard icon etc.)

* Medals and score at the top right
Instead of 1st, 2nd and 3rd on your team, display 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall icons.

* Changes to the announcement system
"so and so" has been slain is said way too much. I understand players die a lot, but this is announced quite frequently.

* Personal score display popups
* Quests
It's not obvious to me when these occur. I hear "quest received", but it was hard for me at first to see what I had to do. The personal score display could "pop" on screen a little better I think.

* Capture progress on points
* Capture interrupted feedback
* Capture point indicators on the minimap
All of these are good.

The Wiggin Boy

09-26-2011

One of the hardest things to discern in the middle of some action is when another team cancels your channel on a point by channeling the same point. The applied graphic looks a lot like Essence Flux hitting the character (might even be the same sound). With Ezreal in a high percentage of games this is a bit confusing.

Two Swords

09-26-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1268884

^ that thread. There's an issue where your mouse changes making it practically invisible. Happens randomly during dominion games.

boourns

UI Designer

09-26-2011
4 of 17 Riot Posts

Channeling being interrupted is something that I'm not satisfied with yet. We were limited by what we could do in the time available. I would like to see a better particle around you when you are interrupted and possibly a more persistent indication of the cooldown timer.

boourns

UI Designer

09-26-2011
5 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poki3 View Post
There's always a quarter of a circle champion icon in the upper left of the screen...
Yeah, we've noticed that internally as well. It's shown up recently and we're going to fix it.

boourns

UI Designer

09-26-2011
6 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
I'd like to see:

A different ping sound and graphic for the "quest" point, as it's hard to notice if it happens to come up during heavy fighting/pinging

A bar of some sort for the charge-up to channeling, I've been interrupted several times and not noticed (or accidentally clicked the tower instead of a champion and thought I was attacking but was actually starting a channel)

Some kind of "beam breaking" animation when channels are canceled (may help with the second point above)

Just remove the crossed-out items in the store; why are some items just gone (e.g. snowball) while others crossed out?

A faster interface to buy things. This was annoying on SR, but it's a killer on Crystal Scar because those 3 extra seconds matter.

Related to the store, some items are still missing from the "builds into" list, like Aegis off of Ruby Crystal.

Proper names for the points, so pinging on them doesn't just say "Capture Point"

Edit: And while I know it's not an interface thing so much as a behavioral engineering design thing, I really wish there were some way for me to not get a terrible team contribution score for doing tactically smart things like intercepting ninjas BEFORE they get in capture range.
If you can give me an example of an item that is gone, it might actually be a bug. All items should be shown whether they are crossed out or not. I'm not familiar with a snowball item, do you have the item name?

There are a lot of things I'd like to change in the store, having an option to hide disabled items was something that didn't quite make the cut for shipping because the store is quite old and difficult to change. It's something that I am pushing to have put in though.

Re: Personal Score, I play a tank on dominion fairly often and a lot of the time I am on the bottom even though I feel like I am making important contributions to the team by roaming and stopping people off the point, etc. The design team has talked a lot about this, but it is a pretty tough problem to solve because it's difficult to make logic that detects intangible contributions like that.

boourns

UI Designer

09-26-2011
7 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karew View Post
I've found that the dots in the top middle meter for how many nodes are captured/neutral is not always in sync with the minimap. This mostly happens when the points are capped 3 red 2 green, but the top meter shows 2 red, 2 green, 1 neutral.
Sounds like a bug, we'll try to reproduce it here and fix it. Anyone else notice this? How often is it happening? Honestly I mostly refer to the minimap for that info so I doubt I would have noticed it breaking. :-S

Rejuvination

09-26-2011

quests need to be more balanced (as mentioned in multiple other threads). lets say blue team has 3 (2 closest to base and windmill.) purple has the last 2. quest pops up. makes the lue team have to defend windmill, but the have to take the one of the enemy adjacent to the windmill. blue team just happened to be losing by 300 points already. now ive heard that a team who gets down to 25% gets a buff (somehow), but it doesnt seem like anything short of the other team straight up suiciding 1 by 1 at a single point would let the blue team win. quests should either be given symmetrically if possible, and if not, in a way that the system determines which team is losing, and if they will be losing for long, and if the quest positions will put the winning (at that moment) team at too big of a disadvantage later, OR they should be delayed until this situation happens. just too unbalanced for games to end all because of the quest buff and nexus damage to enemy team given to one team for free.

Nathios

09-26-2011

I have a hard time telling what the points are called. Some points are easier to distinguish over others, and in my opinion the images in the minimap are a bit vague. It would be cool if when I moused over the images in the minimap, text would display telling me what the point is. Or if I mouse over a point it tells me what the point is.

12345678 ... 14