Dominion UI Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crsh

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Think about it this way:
The end game condition is actually one team losing by having their nexus health drained to zero. Similar to a fighting game.

Because only one team's health can be in that draining state at a given moment, visual priority is focused around them as they are moving towards the end game condition.

As Boourns mentioned, the visualization may be too positive. If draining had a negative appearance, it might be easier to wrap your head around. The fighting game metaphor could help as well.

We have this It even includes a cd timer.

Maybe it's not obvious enough. Look for it next time you play and provide feedback, please.
Def one of my favorite features of Dominion.

J0nnyNapalm

09-29-2011

I find that the score in the middle of the screen is too big and is taking away to much of my field of view. I tried adjusting the size of the UI but that makes everything smaller (which is fine to a point, but any smaller and the rest of my UI is to small for my liking), maybe have a separate slider in the options for it?

Also have an option to turn off the tips at the beginning of the game.

Aeion

09-29-2011

@Riot, the thing I'd like to see is when I tab to bring up the score board, you don't see how many points taken/neutralized. As this consists of a large portion of the 'points' I think it would be good to see

PyromaniacalDude

10-02-2011

Bump

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnyNapalm View Post
I find that the score in the middle of the screen is too big and is taking away to much of my field of view. I tried adjusting the size of the UI but that makes everything smaller (which is fine to a point, but any smaller and the rest of my UI is to small for my liking), maybe have a separate slider in the options for it?

Also have an option to turn off the tips at the beginning of the game.
This is a very good point, I wish we could adjust the UI scaling for specific objects. Like I would much like the Score and bottom UI smaller, but my teammates portraits on the left much bigger.

HowlingKommando

10-02-2011

I think it could be made clearer which icons are the Boneyard, Quarry, Windmill etc. It really isn't that obvious at all.

I've played tons of matches and if I hadn't really taken the time to memorize which icon was which, I wouldn't know.