Dominion UI Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boourns

UI Designer

09-28-2011
16 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallguyG View Post
I sometime get confused at which team's nexus is winning. The health bar that is losing points is brighter and blinking which to me intuitively means that they are winning when it reality the blinking is the health points ticking away. Conversely, the nexus that is safe is dulled out and gray. I understand the point of this but it just doesn't seem to make much intuitive sense.

Is there a way to make the "winning" side stand out and not looked grayed out while still clearly displaying which nexus is losing HP?
Good point, that's something I noticed in our final pass before ship, but we were most concerned with conveying that something was active on a particular side (to denote losing points). I agree it can look too much like a positive when you are losing points, in much the same way that I originally thought the score should count up from 0-500. That would have made our job much easier.

Something to consider for the future.

Ralfazar

09-28-2011

The 'tips' that show up in the lower right corner every game, can you guys link that to the whole settings in the option that turns those off? Gets kind of annoying having to click them every.effing.game.

Karazu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Can we have some key binds to the store?.

We have the 1 to 6 number for items, what about using the NumPad as keybinds for items. Maybe while oyu have the shop open, key binds activate (that way it can be letters too) and when you close it, keyboard returns to game mode keybinds. That way you will remember which item to buy whit a path of keybinds.

Neptune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

A very simple, helpful idea IMO would be to number the capture points.

I always hear a lot of "top" "mid", weird abbreviations like "refin", "the far point" "get the quest!", essentially just making people type a lot more when time is of the essence.
The simple addition of numbers right on each point (not on the symbols, which are a bit away from the point itself) would do wonders.

Mewky Meow

Master Recruiter

09-28-2011

i like it

JJJNigel

09-28-2011

Some small quality of life things off the top of my head:
- Brief beam breaking animation when your channel is interrupted
- Cursor gem when hovering over point turning from green to red when you are interrupted and unable to cap
- Name of point showing up unobtrusively when you hover over it (e.g. Boneyard, Windmill, etc.)
- Clearer quest icons (perhaps move them to near the huge pictograms of the points instead of right on top of the point, where other player/minion icons will crowd them)?
- Slightly more noticeable animation when Storm Shield dispels (since often your shield health is depleted when the buff runs out)... maybe a subtle "wind blowing away from you" or something
- Optional: Next to the score indicator, a display of how many people on each team are alive at the moment (e.g.: " 4-5 1524 \1/ " if you have 4 team members alive, enemy has 5, your score is 1524, and you are first place on your team)
- CRITICAL: J4 needs to yell DEMACIAAA when using ultimate as before (this is a game-breaking bug)... ideally so that allies/enemy team members can hear it too

BetaRayBill

09-28-2011

At first glance its a little difficult to tell which point is which on the minimap; I got it after like 3-4 games though.

Perhaps a small feature would be to edit the minimap, and those black circles where the symbols of the areas are, superimpose the first letter of that capture point onto that circle. (Symbols > Letters, though, but faint letters for quick-glance-info and easy read is not bad).

So where the Windmill-icon on the minimap would be, superimpose a W, etc.

PyromaniacalDude

09-28-2011

For about my last 10 games of dominion I've had a quarter of a champions picture in the top left corner. Thought it might be a resolution issue but the problem persisted with 3 different resolutions. Thanks for your time Boourns.

P.S. Dominion is amazing and revive is godly in it.

Eadorn

09-28-2011

Personally i would like to have a clearer image of the shop ,cause i found myself many times trying to identify the shop icon on that part of the map.

But that is not exactly UI is it :/

SwimsWithTurtles

09-28-2011

You know how you have the giant circle with each Turret's specific icon on the minimap( ie the windmill above the windmill) perhaps you could show on the minimap the channeling time with coloring also because sometimes I don't notice when a point is being captured and it might help to have a little extra icon-ish thing for me to look at. Or you could move that right above the score with a circular ticker as it channels so we know which one is being captured. Just something I thought might work.