[Guide] Sunfire Dps Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by national View Post
I realize this sounds like a pretty fun idea, but it is too easily countered:

Carry around 1 vision ward, drop when Shaco stealths, any stun->dead sunfire shaco.
The silly thing about stacking Sunfire is that it gives you HP and ARMOR! Two things that help you survive! And if you add in an Abyssal, you get 57 MR! Oh! And get this! If you're Shaco, you shouldn't be jumping in first, you should be AFTER the tank, drop your ultimate, and cause a ruckus.

Now, I know you might be thinking, "But what if they save the stuns for when I un-invis?" Well, that's good! You're NOT the DPS carry, you're Sunfire Shaco! You deal damage with your aura/clone, not your attacks.

AnyOtherEnemy

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Varda View Post
The silly thing about stacking Sunfire is that it gives you HP and ARMOR! Two things that help you survive! And if you add in an Abyssal, you get 57 MR! Oh! And get this! If you're Shaco, you shouldn't be jumping in first, you should be AFTER the tank, drop your ultimate, and cause a ruckus.

Now, I know you might be thinking, "But what if they save the stuns for when I un-invis?" Well, that's good! You're NOT the DPS carry, you're Sunfire Shaco! You deal damage with your aura/clone, not your attacks.
Clearly you're missing the fact that your initiation / gank attempt was wasted, which is what's important. Additionally, SF has no magic resist, which is what all the nukes that drop on your champion will be once you get stunlocked.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Quote:
Clearly you're missing the fact that your initiation / gank attempt was wasted, which is what's important. Additionally, SF has no magic resist, which is what all the nukes that drop on your champion will be once you get stunlocked.
Abyssal Scepter... other than that, sunfire shaco should be buying Guardian Angel Anyways.

defying odds

06-21-2010

Quote:

Carry around 1 vision ward, drop when Shaco stealths, any stun->dead sunfire shaco.
This would kill AD/AP shaco even quicker because of lack of HP. If the team is stun/nuke heavy, you could consider rushing banshee before getting sunfires or abyss for MR.

Lord Bender

06-22-2010

those replies like caster would rape you, if the team has 3+ caster you obviously wont go sunfire capes! you never build you hero how you like but it depends all on your enemies

bl0b

06-22-2010

Quote:

the sunfires turn shaco into a tank, so even if you see him its harder to hurt him and stealth is not the only plus side of having the capes
the illusion doubles the damage, not to mention the damage continues while stunned

EDIT: just used the build, it works awesome, but i lost cause the other 2 on my team fed
i was vs garen, janna, and warwick, totally raped all of them

ColdBlooded

06-23-2010

the funny part is it actually works... I think national is a little close minded in terms of sunfire shaco's effectiveness.

Caed0

06-23-2010

this is an ok build but not something i would do all the time because i found it pretty boring compared to AD. the effectiveness was pretty good dont get me wrong in survivability but not in lethality. instead of jumping in and ganking people while having to watch your hp, you jump in, doing **** burst but you stay alive much longer.

tldr good build but not for ganking

ZOMGWTFPWNAGE

06-26-2010

Just wanted to say that sunfire shacko is a blast while you are leveling your summoner. I usually go mob boots with 3 sunfires and IE and aegis/Guardian armor depends how well im roflstomping. Thanks for the idea!

deisum

06-26-2010

The only benefit I can see is moderate AoE damage in team fights... until you get focused by anyone with magic damage.

The sunfire capes ruin your element of surprise & you have no burst damage or disable, so you can't gank squishies. Tanks can probably ignore you since they will likely have magic resist. Casters will chew through your HP easily enough since you have no magic resist.

I've played vs this build twice (once as Singed & once as Trist) and found it rather inconsequential both times.

A gank-focused AD build is a much bigger threat.