Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else not like Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esaru

09-26-2011

Quote:
illundreal:
pretty much this. After about 20 games of dominion the novelty wore off and the painfully imbalanced nature started to bother me. I've happily been playing SR again.

If dominion was better balanced it would be so much fun.

this is the issue for me as well. at first I was having a blast, but after 30 games or so, the major problems are easy to see, and balance is one of them. it's not fun when you know that certain champs outclass the one you're playing in every way - where it just purely comes down to champ picks rather than skill

Jacksknight

09-26-2011

Quote:
EvilCartographer:
SR requires patience, last hitting, team fighting, warding, etc. Dominion requires speed, durability, 1v1-ing, and so forth.

Look at the terms in bold, notice that SR is, as you described it, about skill. Now look at those for dominion, all these factors are decided on champion select.

illundreal

09-26-2011

Quote:
Esaru:
this is the issue for me as well. at first I was having a blast, but after 30 games or so, the major problems are easy to see, and balance is one of them. it's not fun when you know that certain champs outclass the one you're playing in every way - where it just purely comes down to champ picks rather than skill

I find draft mode is basically an essential for dominion. the champ bans are far more important than in summoners rift. But even then its like TT where 10ish champs are vastly superior to the rest of the cast.

Kaytrim

09-26-2011

Personally I think that Dominion is not a fit for my skill set and champion selections. I can use Caitlyn in SR with good results but she is just way too squishy for Dominion. She is about the only Champion I use so it is difficult to transition to another champ that is better suited to the fast paced setup. Until I can find a more tanky champ that I can play with confidence I probably will not play much Dominion.

Ahlen

09-26-2011

Quote:
Yonkman:
Its horribly balanced and favored toward teams that stack movement speed atm.

Pretty much this. The mode is great but the balance is so bad that I just cannot enjoy it. There's too many "I win" heroes.

Not to mention most of the heroes I do enjoy are just god awful on Dom, like bottom tier. If Dominion is going to be fun they're going to need two different sets of hero balances. Specifically tailored to SR/Dom. It won't be possible to do it through items.

FrozenFIames

09-26-2011

I like how you think halo and call of duty is scrub friendly. I mean, it's not like a good player can get an advantage by shooting someone's head or use any type of grenades or anything.

like someone said, you're entitled to your opinion but dont be a **** about it.

fatvirgin

09-26-2011

Quote:
FrozenFIames:
I like how you think halo and call of duty is scrub friendly. I mean, it's not like a good player can get an advantage by shooting someone's head or use any type of grenades or anything.

lmfao, what are you 7?

TheMountainGoat

09-26-2011

day 1: lots of people picking direct combat champs, and fighting with each other immediately. lots of fun.

day 2: some people are picking rammus and speedy champs and tyring to capture a lot of points.

day 3: everyone using eve, ramus, shaco, and teemo. do nothing but cap points and run away. it's now a game of hide and seek / tag. everyone who isn't using one of these champs is using akali. good luck with that. zero action. just chasing a bunch of enemies that arerunning away at mach speed, and sometimes dying to akali. zero fun.

yeah, thanks but no thanks, dominion.

Doritos

09-26-2011

'Oh look at me, im too good for new game modes'' ...dude, get over it, its a fun game, just as fun and UNBALANCED as summoners rift, cuz if if u think SR is balanced, i got a big LOL for ya.

We cant judge too much now till its officialy out, and after that, give it 1 - 2 weeks before everyone starts getting the point of the game...cuz instead of stupid SR player who only cares about kills (the stupid ones) in this game if you go after kills, your team gets fked FAST.

Ahlen

09-26-2011

Quote:
Doritos:
'Oh look at me, im too good for new game modes'' ...dude, get over it, its a fun game, just as fun and UNBALANCED as summoners rift, cuz if if u think SR is balanced, i got a big LOL for ya.

We cant judge too much now till its officialy out, and after that, give it 1 - 2 weeks before everyone starts getting the point of the game...cuz instead of stupid SR player who only cares about kills (the stupid ones) in this game if you go after kills, your team gets fked FAST.

Dominion makes SR look like the most balanced game mode ever conceived by man.

Jus' sayin'.