Anyone else not like Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaimoose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Playing dominion made me appreciate SR so much more. lol.

Jacksknight

09-26-2011

It's fine to play once in a while but I don't see much depth in it, most of the time I can't figure out who's doing well and who's not and we end up winning when we were losing 1 minute ago.

Esaru

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
Except, we have no idea about the potential strategical depth, or roles, etc.

Good call though. It's all fine to not like it, but don't be a ****** about it.
lol how not? this game has been done before - it's a simple capture and hold. I don't see what makes you think it's so complicated and in-depth

realgirl

09-26-2011

spoiler: They could have made a sanctioned ARAM map, made a few items to go with it, balanced it a little bit changing minions types and XP gain, skillshot damage and such, spent FAR LESS time on developing "particles" and art for the map, and we could have got a similar experience to dominion. Fast paced, constant battling, etc. with 90% less development time and money.

Riot spent a lot of time trying to reinvent the wheel and their product shows. There's nothing exciting or engaging about dominion, it's just a lot of mindless fighting like ARAM. The game can go either way down to the last 30 seconds, and as a result, winning or losing a game just leaves you confused.

Esaru

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaimoose View Post
Playing dominion made me appreciate SR so much more. lol.
lol agreed

I expected to move from SR to Dominion... but instead I have a newfound interest and appreciation of SR

JSmith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

For skilled level30 player Is a fun game coz it didn't waste ur time on item and level is pure skill fight
For under 30 or some non skilled 30 they will never get better without the sf trianning skill like position ability order kind of bad for new player

ActionButlerGO

09-26-2011

It's a completely different game. Why would people who have played SR for months (and enjoyed it) even bother comparing the two? SR requires patience, last hitting, team fighting, warding, etc. Dominion requires speed, durability, 1v1-ing, and so forth. I like both, but, then again, I'm new. What Dominion really has on SR, imo, is the extra layer of feigning capture attempts to draw your opponents out. It has a weird bait-and-switch mechanic that can make for really fun matches.

Either way, it's not for everyone.

Kietsu

09-26-2011

Posting about posting in fatvirgin topic.

Also, I remember a comment someone made the other day that some people hate Dominion because being good at unintuitive mechanics for the first 10 minutes of the game doesn't guarantee winning the next 30 minutes.

illundreal

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkman View Post
Its horribly balanced and favored toward teams that stack movement speed atm.
pretty much this. After about 20 games of dominion the novelty wore off and the painfully imbalanced nature started to bother me. I've happily been playing SR again.

If dominion was better balanced it would be so much fun.

fatvirgin

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
For skilled level30 player Is a fun game coz it didn't waste ur time on item and level is pure skill fight
For under 30 or some non skilled 30 they will never get better without the sf trianning skill like position ability order kind of bad for new player
Riot, do I really need to say anything about this post to prove we need separate servers?