hard freezes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RunsOnDiesel

06-04-2010

I am getting hard freezes...where my screen stands still, lasting from 10-20 seconds. After the freeze I am teleported to where my champ shouldve been in the time of the hard freeze. I have tried closing any extra programs and anti virus. It usually only happened like a minute into the game, but seems to be happening alot more.

How can I stop this from happening?

I am on windows XP, and I have plenty of Ram and video memory. Also I have league of legends in my firewall exceptions list.

Possibly unrelated: are there ports I can forward?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

06-04-2010

If the ports required to run the game were blocked you shouldn't even be able to get into a game. What you are describing sounds more like severe latency, not an actual system freeze. But go ahead and post a DXDiag and I will take a look at your system information and see if anything stands out, that way we can start to rule out hardware vs network.

RunsOnDiesel

06-04-2010

I know that port forwarding does not work like that....it doesnt make something completely work that isnt working at all. My experience with port forwarding is improved latency and removing random freezes in other games Ive played (Hon, Company of heroes). They worked before, but worked better (smoother online play) after.

Heres the dxdiag.txt....also, I'm running League of Legends on the lowest settings except for the champion model-which is medium.

Edit: Im already using most of your recemmended programs I love avast, spybot, and easycleaner registry cleaner-along with my regular defrag.

RunsOnDiesel

06-10-2010

Port forwarding didnt work, reinstalling from scratch (adobe air too) didnt
work. Virus/malware/spware checkers didnt work. Turning off automatic updates
didnt work. I connect through a router using wireless. I dont have this problem
playing Hon (at higher graphic settings and longer games).

BossPanda

06-10-2010

There are lots of threads about these freezes. I am also having these problems. But mine freezes longer than 20 seconds. It freezes for 2 minutes...sometimes more. I can move my cursor around and all but I can't even ctrl+alt+del. League of legends is the only game I have this trouble with.