Does cooldown reduction stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarKillir View Post
no your brain was lost but its ok not everyone was meant to get everything hence these forums.
it does NOT reduce the cooldown of current ever. its ALWAYS from base. if you kept all your gold and bought enough items with cooldown reduction to equal 40% all at the same time starting with an ability cooldown of 10 seconds you would get 40% from 10 seconds aka a 6 sec cooldown. you would not have to suffer selling items and rebuying them to get the best cooldown that would be silly.

cooldown reduction is additive to itself and is always based off of the original cooldown timer. if the cooldown was 100 seconds and you lower it by 5% then 10% then 15% the cooldown would be 70 seconds or 30% CDR.
Good god. You are not only necroing but are incompetent at reading.

He's talking about abilities that reduce your cooldown. Like Zilean's Rewind and Ryze's passive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

Senior Member

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
1. This thread is stupidly old.

2. You are completely wrong. You are comparing 1.1 x 1.1 with .9 x .9. Different numbers are different.

3. CDR is additive.
1. It is a perfectly valid thread about how CDR stacks.

2. I am 100% completely correct. yes you are correct 1.1 and .9 are completely different numbers. The CORRECT numbers are 1.1 and NOT .9 which was why he cot 18% which is incorrect instead of 21% which IS correct. Stacking multiplicative effects works off a base 100% or 1 and if you have 10 dodge and add 10% from one item and 10% from another you would have 12.1% dodge not 11.8%

if you still think I'm "completely wrong" then get two relative items and look at your dodge and you will understand.

3. It was already established that CDR is additive but thanks for the late show.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

Senior Member

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Good god. You are not only necroing but are incompetent at reading.

He's talking about abilities that reduce your cooldown. Like Zilean's Rewind and Ryze's passive.
those have no effect on % cooldown reduction period. they simply lower the cooldown of the spell timer remaining, and why are you replying at all while making that statement. nice work


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarKillir View Post
1. It is a perfectly valid thread about how CDR stacks.

2. I am 100% completely correct. yes you are correct 1.1 and .9 are completely different numbers. The CORRECT numbers are 1.1 and NOT .9 which was why he cot 18% which is incorrect instead of 21% which IS correct. Stacking multiplicative effects works off a base 100% or 1 and if you have 10 dodge and add 10% from one item and 10% from another you would have 12.1% dodge not 11.8%

if you still think I'm "completely wrong" then get two relative items and look at your dodge and you will understand.

3. It was already established that CDR is additive but thanks for the late show.
You really are an idiot.

Proving my point why this necroing this thread isn't valid. The information being valid is still no reason to bump a discussion that almost no one is participating in.

Dodge stat isn't even in the game anymore.

Plus, you screwed up the formula because you your thought there was such thing as flat dodge which never existed because dodge was always a percentage. That's like saying you have a flat rate for getting a crit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarKillir View Post
those have no effect on % cooldown reduction period. they simply lower the cooldown of the spell timer remaining.
No ****. That's what his post stated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxKarma

Senior Member

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
You really are an idiot.

Proving my point why this necroing this thread isn't valid.

Dodge isn't even in the game anymore.

Plus, you screwed up the formula because you your thought there was such thing as flat dodge which never existed because dodge was always a percentage. That's like saying you have a flat rate for getting a crit.



No ****. That's what his post stated.
so while complaining about me necroing you are doing the same thing JUST to start an argument? whos the idiot?

besides that the topic wasnt on DODGE specifically it was on additive and multiplicative effects which obviously you didn't just miss the boat but jumped off the dock into a dry lake and landed on your head.

next time try to be less insulting and actually make a point.

the reason i made a comment was because i myself wanted to know something and when i googled it THIS FORUM topic came up. but thanks for being a jerk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarKillir View Post
so while complaining about me necroing you are doing the same thing JUST to start an argument? whos the idiot?

besides that the topic wasnt on DODGE specifically it was on additive and multiplicative effects which obviously you didn't just miss the boat but jumped off the dock into a dry lake and landed on your head.

next time try to be less insulting and actually make a point.

the reason i made a comment was because i myself wanted to know something and when i googled it THIS FORUM topic came up. but thanks for being a jerk.
Bull.

You made those comments to correct people. Except you are wrong on every count.

If you don't want me saying that you are wrong, then don't nerco old threads with your own brand of inaccurate information. Especially don't start your wrong post claiming that other people are wrong or have lost their brains. And then try to pretend to be a victim and only asking questions.

If you still don't see why your math is wrong, then here is a simple math question. Item A gives 50% dodge. Item B gives 50% dodge. By your math, together they give 125% dodge. By the proper math, together you'll get 75% dodge. Just multiplying numbers together doesn't mean your numbers reflect mechanics.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

holyd

Junior Member

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
I see your point, but in the decrease realm this is how it works:

Stacking additively: 10% + 10% = 20% reduction (80% of normal)

Stacking multiplicatively:

(100% * .9) * .9 = 81%

Multiplicative always starts with the highest # (ie: If you have 2% innate dodge and buy a ninja tabi for 12% more dodge, it does (100 * .88 ) * .98)
lol